+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it just here, or all over the U.S, about the election?

Default Is it just here, or all over the U.S, about the election?

Over here, most people are republican in southwest florida, but many democrats seem to be going to vote for him also.

Over here, they seem to have made the election into : If you dont vote for bush, you are a traitor.

Is that everywhere, or just in southwest florida?

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Is it just here, or all over the U.S, about the election?

i'm sure it's like that in many areas, i'm sure it didn't help kerry when a fellow democrat came out and gave bush his endorsment over kerry at the republican convention.

i beileive one of the quotes(i could be wrong) from his speech was something to the affect of "this isn't about parties, it's about who's going to do a better job protecting my family and i believe that man is prez. bush"...i'm fairly confident the kerry camp wasn't to happy about that when it happened.

plus theres been alot of debate about kerry's war record. alot of people he served with in veitnam coming out against him and stuff.
    all this has hurt his chance's to some degree or another.

but who cares i'm voting nader...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'm in L.A. so voting for Bush does not exactly make one well liked. Depends where you are really...some places take it too extreme though. Once both sides make the other side to be "Absolute Evil" I tune out...I made my choice and I stand by it...no matter the hassle.

Getting called a fascist by some white guy who fashions himself "punk" cause he found a Black Flag shirt at some trendy shop was fucking hilarious though. Amazes me how some of these "progressive" minded people lock you down fast if you go against their views. I mean jeez you'd think I was putting on some Klan robes and singing the SS anthem by the rant he went off on me for saying I was voting for Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I'm in L.A. so voting for Bush does not exactly make one well liked. Depends where you are really...some places take it too extreme though. Once both sides make the other side to be "Absolute Evil" I tune out...I made my choice and I stand by it...no matter the hassle.

Getting called a fascist by some white guy who fashions himself "punk" cause he found a Black Flag shirt at some trendy shop was fucking hilarious though. Amazes me how some of these "progressive" minded people lock you down fast if you go against their views. I mean jeez you'd think I was putting on some Klan robes and singing the SS anthem by the rant he went off on me for saying I was voting for Bush.
    so did you backhand the guy or kick him in the tig and giggle berries?
    heehee, i think the booze is kicking in

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by devilmutt
    so did you backhand the guy or kick him in the tig and giggle berries?
    heehee, i think the booze is kicking in
    I was really tempted but that'd just feed into his already warped view of the world. It's hard to take guys like that all too seriously anyway. Most of the people I hang out with and talk to are liberals and I swing to the side my gut tells me based on the events of the time...so it's not like I am some card carrying republican.

At the end of the day nothing he or any like him from any political extreme are going to change my vote when I step into the booth come november.

Besides...after surviving the recall election for our governer here in CA I'm up for anything at this point. I'm living in a state run by a guy who I watched kill off the population of a small nation in each of his films...weird weird times my friend.

you make a valid point there about not giving the guy a backhand.....but a well placed headbutt now those have been know to work miracles.

weird weird times indeed

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

ok, as for the inetrnational affect. In Canada we are bombarded by it, The reason being..as nieghbours we kinda want to make sure what is going on. As fo the whole vietnam thing, Fact Alot of what you here is spin mongering, yeah lots of people served with Kerry in Vietnam and alot of people are two faced liars too. as for Kerrys record it has been public for 30 years....all you have to do is go to your local library and they can print it up for you for a minimal fee. Bush is a lousy business man, I dunno how econimist or anyone witha brain for buisness can like the guy he's walking failure. I wihs there was a partyn or politicain with the abilty to devide the wheat form the chaff and get to the bare bones about both politicians. If I was an American I would vote Democrat....but in the end they would probably not do things right either...I dunno what to say except I hope one day you guys get a balanced politcal system.

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I hope one day you guys get a balanced politcal system.
    That is as likely to happen as cows performing feats of levitation.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

I say we all do this, write-in voting is still allowed, why don't we all write-in vote Forrest for president?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I dunno what to say except I hope one day you guys get a balanced politcal system.
    Many here hope the same for your nation to be honest. Personally I don't follow Canadian politics cause well...it's Canada. Though I am constantly amazed how my Canadian friends are so informed about the U.S. and how they wear it like a badge of honor...I can't help but smile and not cause it's utterly pointless since they end every sentance with "glad I don't live there!"...

They don't and never will so their opinion while appreciated is forgetton soon after. I'd be happier if their took back their damned Hockey teams...the U.S. should NOT HAVE MORE NHL TEAMS THAN CANADA...that's madness.

I like Canada and all but the more I visit the more I see why I live here...though I'll admit these days I like it a bit less after exporting so many god awful bands...I know we swamped you with inane TV Shows and Pop stars but first Alanis and now Avril? Hitting below the belt people...

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

not syaig I dont feel the same.....it's everywhere....badge of honour, sounds like you have a probelm with the fact that Canadians can at times be a little more wordly informed then Americans...then again Cevy Chase wasn't an ugly Canadain Tourist in Eruope, he was American...and yet again that was a movie....but everywhere you go democracy is a farce. as for Hockey and music whatever...not the biggest thing in the world.,.as for Music Skinny Puppy comes to mind oh yeah And DOA....we don't even like avril or alanis....all our musicians such as Shiania Twain have to move to europes becasue they fear we will lynch them.

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    I say we all do this, write-in voting is still allowed, why don't we all write-in vote Forrest for president?
    I agree for that completely!

Forrest would be the best president we have had yet.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

....badge of honour, sounds like you have a probelm with the fact that Canadians can at times be a little more wordly informed then Americans...
    No they were not worldly informed at all...they just focused and still focus on the states...it's a very odd trait. American's by and large are well informed just underestimated...hell our own countrymen underestimate one another...that's our odd trait. When you live in a nation with the influence and power of the U.S. you tend not to look beyond your boarders...or in the case of my own family...you don't want to look back. They left their respective birth nations for a reason...and while they do keep tabs...they sure as hell don't want to go back.

+ Reply to Thread