+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pimpin' ain't easy....

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

Default pimpin' ain't easy....

didn't see anything forbidding this in the faq so....
    if i'm wrong, don't chastise me.
    i love you guys, you love/hate me and want me to be successful in all that i do(or not.) so to that end, i would love it if anyone who wishes could vote for me here:
    www.iwannabebroken.com

there's even a retarded video of me that you can watch and make fun of.
    *note that i couldn't give two craps about promoting the site, just my modelling on it. pure self-interest here*
    you can vote daily. i need 1,000 votes. it's going pathetically slow so far.
    again, i read the faq. but i've been known to be retarded, so let me know if i'm wrong and i'm sure if this is inappropriate in any way, it will be removed.
    (maybe i'll get some sort of record for most deleted threads? >.> i don't want it ^.^; )

kthx.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Re: pimpin' ain't easy....

You're so pretty!

*awwws*
    thanks!
    i don't feel pretty most of the time, but i ignore it so i can model... XD

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

You got my vote hot pants

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I wanna be broken? WTF?

alt pr0n hopeful website.
    if i get 1,000 votes i get paid to be naked on another site.
    i like getting paid to be naked.
    >.>

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

It hasn't occurred to you they're getting pics for free?

>.>
    i'm not naked.
    i am, however, naked for free on both deviantArt and ModelMayhem, so it's not like i care...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Soma, maybe you can explain this to me. I don't get why models will send traffic to a web site they don't even totally appear on yet in hopes of getting paid for pictures that they give the site for free. There are a number of sites using this mechanism and I'm hoping you can explain what is in it for the models.

You know what Blue Blood gives models who send a bunch of visitors to the pay site portion with a special personalized voting link? Blue Blood gives them half the money from sign-ups! I think that's fair. Do you think I'm being too generous?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Soma, maybe you can explain this to me. I don't get why models will send traffic to a web site they don't even totally appear on yet in hopes of getting paid for pictures that they give the site for free. There are a number of sites using this mechanism and I'm hoping you can explain what is in it for the models.
    I was wondering why people do that to. Seems like there is no incentive for a site to pay a model once they realize they can get free promotion and photos from them.

1. i don't think 5 clothed photos is whole lot to give, especially considering there's a whole lot more free naked content of me on the internet.
    2. i trust this site, as i've dealt with them before. if it was a site i didn't trust or care about, i wouldn't be doing this at all.
    3. i think it's a rather clever idea. they get to see who people want to see on the site, or who's a popular person.

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    I was wondering why people do that to. Seems like there is no incentive for a site to pay a model once they realize they can get free promotion and photos from them.

One of the biggest issues to me with this is that it would be awesome if models would promote the sites they are actually on, the sites which have already given them a stamp of approval, the sites where a fan could actually maybe see a bunch of sets featuring the models, and not just promoting the sites who call the models "wannabes" or "hopefuls" or other derogatory sounding terms.

So many models are all excited until their first set goes live and then they are on to the next thing. I'd like to see more people posting links to sites they are on and fewer posting links to sites who force them to jump through hoops.

I also find the whole rate thing ridiculous in an unfunny way when models will talk about their rate and then promote exactly whoever does not appreciate them. I do a lot of creative things for free, a lot of creative things at a loss, because I want to. But I wouldn't shoot the cover of some little zine for free because it is cool if it called me a wannabe or some such BS.

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    1. i don't think 5 clothed photos is whole lot to give, especially considering there's a whole lot more free naked content of me on the internet.
    2. i trust this site, as i've dealt with them before. if it was a site i didn't trust or care about, i wouldn't be doing this at all.
    3. i think it's a rather clever idea. they get to see who people want to see on the site, or who's a popular person.

So how many sites have you posted a link to BD on and how many sites have you posted a link to BlueBlood.com or BlueBlood.net or BarelyEvil.com on?

honestly, it's probably about equal.
    when i have a set go up on any site, i pimp it.
    i also have links on all my personal pages, and preview pics from my sets with the site's address.

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    honestly, it's probably about equal.
    when i have a set go up on any site, i pimp it.
    i also have links on all my personal pages, and preview pics from my sets with the site's address.

Very cool. That puts you head and shoulders above a lot of models who do the voting thang

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    One of the biggest issues to me with this is that it would be awesome if models would promote the sites they are actually on, the sites which have already given them a stamp of approval, the sites where a fan could actually maybe see a bunch of sets featuring the models, and not just promoting the sites who call the models "wannabes" or "hopefuls" or other derogatory sounding terms.

So many models are all excited until their first set goes live and then they are on to the next thing. I'd like to see more people posting links to sites they are on and fewer posting links to sites who force them to jump through hoops.

I also find the whole rate thing ridiculous in an unfunny way when models will talk about their rate and then promote exactly whoever does not appreciate them. I do a lot of creative things for free, a lot of creative things at a loss, because I want to. But I wouldn't shoot the cover of some little zine for free because it is cool if it called me a wannabe or some such BS.
    I used to promote all the sites I was on but then that got to be a bit of a pain so now I just promote the ones I really like. Some of the sites I have worked with put up sets over a year after they were shot which makes it a bit difficult to keep track of. I don't see a point in promoting a site that makes you jump though hoops just to be on it but I can also see why some models might not promote every site they're on once that list gets pretty long.

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    I used to promote all the sites I was on but then that got to be a bit of a pain so now I just promote the ones I really like. Some of the sites I have worked with put up sets over a year after they were shot which makes it a bit difficult to keep track of. I don't see a point in promoting a site that makes you jump though hoops just to be on it but I can also see why some models might not promote every site they're on once that list gets pretty long.
    mine's not that long ;P
    and i don't expect it to be much longer. keeping up with what i've got is getting complicated enough XD

i <3 you guys

happy valentine's pic
    *FUCK VDAY FUCK LOVE AND... FUCKITOL*
    [IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/somastardust/*******/vday2009.jpg[/IMG]
    vote for me at www.iwannsbebroken.com kthx
    *i know you will all ignore this but, eh. a girl's gotta try*

I'm not ignoring you.

I'm just sitting here, very quietly. In this corner.

In the dark.

Having a contest with the spiders to see who can hold still the longest.

oh, good...
    don't let the spiders eat you if you win...

wut.
    anyway, brokendollz has been around a long time. i trust them. i wouldn't do this shit if i didn't want to be part of the site, community, and get paid to do so.
    people pay for it, or it wouldn't still be around.
    kinda like blueblood, eh?
    besides, i like being on these sites so i can get my free pr0n.

+ Reply to Thread