+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T-shirt stuff

Default T-shirt stuff

Has anyone heard t-shirt hell is closing its doors next week? They keep emailing me about it (had 3 so far) because of all the moaning they've recieved. I own a couple of theirs -the best is "mary was a virgin - unless you count anal", i wanted to wear it to a church but i'm too scared Got a few shirts from other places too, just ordered thisfunny, slightly rude one especially to wear on valentines(yes, i am single)!
    Anyone else own or seen any good ones?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: T-shirt stuff

I used to check out T-Shirt Hell all the time, some years back. After a while though, they said they weren't going to print up anymore "in really bad taste" shirts. That's when I stopped looking at their site.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

What makes you think they are closing?

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    What makes you think they are closing?
    The owner posted a goodbye thingy and said they were.

Apparently in a nutshell he's tired of dealing with stupid people who don't like him and something else. I lost interest after the first couple of paragraphs.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml

Right there it says everything is 10% off in the final 2 weeks.

I gotta be a little bit of a dick on this one.

They are complaining that people are offended by the shirts, when that was the clear intention.

Yes it may be satire, but the goal was to shock and, in many cases offend. The reaction to that is predictable. We could argue for weeks about whether or not it is right, but when you get in the business of slaughtering sacred cows, expect blood on your apron.

In a world where people get death threats for things like publicly being gay or atheists, it is hard to muster sympathy for a thin skinned satirist.

If you are closing down your successful business of making controversial t-shirts because people say mean things to you, what does that make you? Denny's waitresses get harsher treatment than the letters Sunshine Megatron posted.

Bedlamite

Sounds like a bunch of hullabaloo intended to be a publicity stunt to boost sales. I could just be cynical tho.

Well in my case it's gonna work. I just found out my best bud and his wife are having a kid so I'm throwing my credit card at the "Baby Hell" section.

Link doesn't work.

hmm dunno what happened must have done it wrong,try again.. t-shirt i bought T-shirthells extended its closing down period, makes you wonder if it is a bit of a scam! Cafe post mortem, i think you make a pretty damn good point about deliberatley making them controversial then moaning about how people are annoyed by the shirts, didnt think of that.

Bedlamite

"T-Shirt Hell is not going out of business. In fact, we wouldn't leave even if we had to resort to selling dead babies for food when this economy truly hits the fan. Consider Feb, 2009 a fresh start for us. We're going to be bigger, better and more fucked up than before."

http://www.tshirthell.com/hello.php

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

somehow I am not surprised that it was all a publicity stunt.

Also, 10% off discounts are some seriously pretentious shit. That kind of number is barely worth noticing, let alone advertising.

+ Reply to Thread