+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just... why?

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Just... why?

Let me start out by saying I love baseball. I've been watching White Sox games since I was a little kid and I've been to Comiskey (I still refuse to call it US Cellular Field) countless times. But I can't stand listening to this shit about steroids in baseball.

I'll admit, I was happy when they started slamming Sosa (I hate him with a passion, for reasons other than baseball) and got on McGuire, but enough is enough. Is anyone else tired of hearing about this shit? Honestly, it wasn't even such a big deal until A-Rod decided to admit to it.

And why the fuck is this a congressional matter anyway? Wouldn't it make sense for MLB to take care of it and let congress, oh I don't know, worry about how to pull the country out of recession and possibly soon to be depression? Work on pulling us out of two warzones in a timely manner than might actually happen?

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Re: Just... why?

I haven't given a rat's ass about baseball since I was like 6.

I agree with you completely about congress though.

And I think the MLB ought to make steroids and HGH and shit mandatory to play. We ought to make these assholes have to hulk out before every inning, maybe make the game interesting.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

gotta agree with rockwulf on this one.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah let's dose em. That is a painfully boring sport (Rickey Henderson in his prime being the only exception)

OEC

carlin had the whole riff about baseball vs. football- baseball being 19th century rural slow and boring- football being modern, and violent....

meh to steroids. all athletes use some form of "enhancement" supplementation, etc. when it wasn't steroids, it was steroid precursors. that's part of what hacked off the europeans about lance armstrong so much, he beat them at their own game and stayed one step ahead of the piss test, just taking shit they weren't testing for yet... and here the euros invented that shit.

much ado about nothing.

hell I'm one of the few who has always thought that Barry Bonds was hilarious.

I mean it's pretty much a farce at this point, there are no "bad apples" ruining it for everyone else, they're all doing it.

Sports are pretty lame, but I always thought there was a major unfilled gap in the industry for big tournaments that kept no rules against steroids and general doping. They'd be more popular in no time by achieving more impressive scores and trading internal drama that pisses people off for external drama that gains them notoriety, and the old leagues and tournaments would get a reputation for being dusty, elitist and un-entertaining by comparison; something mainstream sports would have a difficult time surviving.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

another vote for doping the hell outa them.............

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I believe as a fan I have a right to see the best and brightest performance the players can give me. If that means playing Dr Hyde with synthetics, supplements and hormone cocktails then so be it. I say make two leagues, the Enhanced MLB and the Natural MLB. Solve everyone's problems. Hell there's already like 900 teams in the MLB, I'm sure they could split that right down the middle with the Xtreme League and the Historic Preservation League.

Let the congress do something that actually will effect ALL Americans, not just the baseball player population.

~K

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

It's definitely the time to go Mutant League:

The MLB needs to get their fucking act together and just start making testing mandatory and actually start imposing penalties for players who use steroids or HGH. It's that simple. They need to stop talking about it and just fucking do something already and then everyone can move on with their lives.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    The MLB needs to get their fucking act together and just start making testing mandatory.
    and then it turns out that no one was on steroids and the whole thing was just a publicity stunt. wouldn't that be weird?

+ Reply to Thread