+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you rather get up early or stay up late?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Would you rather get up early or stay up late?

Would you rather get up early or stay up late? Does your schedule fit your preference?

Bedlamite

Default Re: Would you rather get up early or stay up late?

I like to stay up late. I have a problem with 'night fears' and such, so working a grave or late swing has always been a little better for me. I currently work nights, so its good.

Due to circumstance, I've had to stay up till the afternoon sometimes, and that just whacks me right out... but I'd still rather do that then try to sleep two-three hours and get up to go again.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I'd like to have a month free to just sleep...........but early or late stopped mattering a long time ago.

LaurenWK's Avatar Senior Member

I'd MUCH rather stay up late. I have a hard time falling asleep early enough to accommodate early rising.... I make my own schedule and it, luckily, does not tend to require waking up early. I don't mind getting up early, from time to time, though.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

I used to work at 6am morning job and I hated it!!!! so after I quit that place I started to wake up early and enjoy my morning watching tv and just hanging out before work and enjoying my time, like I always thought about while I was busy working...half asleep and hella tired

i like working late shifts, I just don't like that I work opposite hours from my boyfriend

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

i'm not a morning person.

i was happier when i worked nights and slept in daylight. i was getting more sleep and being more productive at work and at home for it

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

I Usually in General STAY UP VERY VERY Late,..(All NIGHT),..
    an' sometimes hit the casket about 6 or 10 Am,...
    UNLESS I HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE
    or Have IMPORTANT SCHEDULED THINGS Already planned,....
    then I May not get to sleep Till Late afternon,....
    ~ sometimes.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

I would rather stay up late. I have had nothing but night jobs for the past 7 years and I still do. I've grown accustomed to being up all night and asleep most of the day.

I'd always rather stay up late. Getting up early seldom appeals to me, and the "earlier is holier" mindset of the American workforce rankles a bit, as well.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

stay up late, and yes it does, thank god.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I like to get up early because you can't really get a whole lot done after noon, or after 5 Pm, but I always stay up late, especially if I have to get up early. It's like I have anxiety about not being able to wake up, so I stay awake, and then get like 2 or 3 hours of sleep, and of course am useless all day.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I prefer to wake up early, go to work, get shit done then just chill for the rest of the day. It's the actual getting up part I have trouble with. I almost always start my day with the fuck word. Once I'm out the door though I'm over it.
    When I sleep late I feel like a lazy ass and have a hard time getting motivated, and that sort of depresses me.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I'm a horrible morning person. It doesn't seem to matter if I get 4 hours or 10 hours of good sleep, I'm always still tired if it's before 10 am.
    So I would MUCH rather stay up late, and if needbe, even stay up over night to do whatever I needed to do at 7am.

And lucky for me, I set my own hours

Stay up late. Always. All the fun stuff happens at night

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine
    Stay up late. Always. All the fun stuff happens at night
    ================================================== ===

~ YEAH,...
    an' as "PAUL STANLEY"(*of "KISS") Said.......
    .."*Daytime may be fine time,..but NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME!!!"...

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

stay up late!
    i hate waking up early. i'd rather see the dawn because i was up all night.
    i actually used to sleep from around 7 am - 5 pm at one point when i lived in VA. >.<
    and i'm my own woman, so i can do whatever i want! wahaha. i usually wind up waking up at 8 or so, though >.>

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

As much as I love staying up all night, if I have something I have to do it's always best that I sleep first and get up to an alarm to go take care of business. Outside of obligations though, I'm a total night owl. I'm a night shift stripper, I'm a club hopper, I get up at 7 pm and dance the night away, crashing shortly after dawn, when I can.

~K

Ingridsca1's Avatar Member

I'd much rather stay up late, though i really do love to sleep. But since I'm a teacher I have to get up early in the morning and be all "perky." Ugh! It is killing me!

That's a no brainer! Stay up late, for sure.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Weekdays in the states I have to be up and in formation at like, the ungodly hour of 6:30, which for me means getting up at like, 5:45. And that's just to exercise. Out here, it's 12 on 12 off, so it doesn't make much difference. I get off work at 2am here, so during spring to early fall I'm usually going to sleep when the sun's coming up. I just try to get at least 6 hours of sleep, because there's no store on my way to work to get a daily dose (or several days doses at once) of caffeine to actually get me into a halfway sociable mood.

But weekends in the states, I'm going to bed around 5 or 6 in the morning, since, well, that's when I get back from the bar. Then I wake up whenever my stomach decides it's ready for something greasy to make my head shut up.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I always stay up late, but on those nights when you come back from a club at 6AM, and the sun is rising, I sometimes think about how much I would get done if I got up with the sunrise, and started my day early. But I think it's just a matter of what you do with your night hours. If you just sit around and watch tv, then what's the point? But if you are just as productive at night, and get a lot done, then that's fine. My favorite work schedule was 3PM-11PM. Because if I wanted to, I could hit a club after work, sleep in, go to the gym, do some errands during the day, and still make it to work on time in the afternoon. There is an advantage to being out during normal work hours. Because when you want to go get something at 3AM, a lot of places are closed. So you can't just run down to the hardware store to get something.

fedora's Avatar Member

From Monday to Friday, since my University is more than 100km far from the town I live and got lessons since 8.30 in the morning, I have to wake up pretty early (5.40 am) but I can live with that, plus i really like to start my day when there's still no sun-light and all the streets are empty, 'cause I can close my eyes, listen to the Sisters of Mercy or such stuff, and pretending to be in some dirty London alley, and not in my filthy hometown

Au contraire, weekends are all for clubbing and gigs and since I seldom come back home before 6 in the morning, I would kill anyone who'd even only try to wake me up before 4 p.m!!!

Abi's Avatar King of the Horseflies

I love staying up late, and I love getting up early. And I hate sleeping, so this would work really well, except that I'm anemic, and I've been sleeping 9 hours a night minimum lately. So...I'm fucked.

If I'm left to it, my sleeping times reach an equilibrium around 6am to 2pm.

Girlfriend's a morning person though, and we want to visit early markets as often as late parties, so it's always kinda hectic.

lord_velos's Avatar Junior Member

I'm a total night owl. I will saty up late and go to bed at 6AM if I can everytime.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

I dont even know how my sleep schedule got fucked like it did.
    But im with lord_velos, total night owl.

i wake up @ 4pm.

For me it depends on the day. Sometimes I like getting up early other times I like staying up late.

+ Reply to Thread