+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to be cremated, buried in mahogany, put on a dramatic pyre . . .

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you want to be cremated, buried in mahogany, put on a dramatic pyre . . .

I've been watching Six Feet Under on DVD, as I didn't see it when it first came out, but I like Dexter (star) and True Blood (show creator), so it seemed worth a watch. One of the themes the show deals with often is how people want their remains dealt with and how people's loved ones feel about it. When you die do you want your body to be cremated, buried in mahogany, put on a dramatic pyre, or what? Do you think your loved ones are likely to honor your wishes and/or likely to be happy about your wishes?

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do you want to be cremated, buried in mahogany, put on a dramatic pyre . . .

I'm donating myself to the Body World's exhibition. (http://www.bodyworlds.com)
    The paper work is all filled out and sent in My family seems cool with it ... they know I would never wanna be stuck in the ground. Before I discovered Gunther von Hagen's work, I wanted to be cremated.

Default Re: Do you want to be cremated, buried in mahogany, put on a dramatic pyre . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nos
    I'm donating myself to the Body World's exhibition. (http://www.bodyworlds.com)
    The paper work is all filled out and sent in My family seems cool with it ... they know I would never wanna be stuck in the ground. Before I discovered Gunther von Hagen's work, I wanted to be cremated.

I think his work is kind of cool, but it seems vaguely wrong that he doesn't credit his models. How do you feel about that aspect?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Dropped off a pier in newspaper-wrapped pieces at 3 am by two sweaty guys in velour tracksuits smoking cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Dropped off a pier in newspaper-wrapped pieces at 3 am by two sweaty guys in velour tracksuits smoking cigars.

Are you brushing up on your embezzling skills and working for dangerous employers?

No, quite the opposite. I just simply think it would be a cool way to be gotten rid of.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

lol...wtf man? that doesn't sound cool.

How about being smothered by the huge/firm breasts of several women during an orgy then fed to cannibals to hide the evidence but one of them gets sick from the newly contracted diseases from said big breasted women and pukes up an arm in front of the police during interrogation? That would be cool.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'm all about a viking burial.

Virgin gang-bang and sacrifice is optional. If she wants to, she can; I support feminism.

I want to be cremated. Part of my ashes will go to a friend who want to snort it.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I wanna be cryogenically frozen until they can cure whatever is killing me. Dunno, have this "immortality" thing going on.
    Fiance wants to be buried like the Egyptian kings... that's gonna be harder than my "death" to do correctly lol.

Bedlamite

Ooh. I see so many I agree with. If I can't be Cryogenically frozen till they cure "old" or whatever kills me, I'd love to have my full genome mapped, and several really good samples of DNA on file so I could be cloned at some point. Not because I think I'm cool, just the thought of some kind of Immortality is deeply appealing to me.

The Bodyworlds thing is also Vastly tempting... as is the Egyptian King bit. I'd love to be a Mummy.

How romantic to be sent off in a burning Long ship in a journey to the Viking Afterlife!

I can't pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I'm all about a viking burial.

Virgin gang-bang and sacrifice is optional. If she wants to, she can; I support feminism.

That's mighty PC of ya.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

just shellaque me and put me in the corner

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I think his work is kind of cool, but it seems vaguely wrong that he doesn't credit his models. How do you feel about that aspect?

You choose to have your profession listed or not. Personally I like the idea of anonymity with my corpse. I would like my artistic work to be remembered but I like the idea of my body going on to represent something beyond myself.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Cremate me and scatter my ashes to the seven winds. I don't want to be like one of those selfish religious nutjobs, determined that my body should continue to take up unnecessary space even after I'm dead.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I want my conciousness downloaded into an android frame. The body should get full Viking burial rights, suitable for a priestess... If they can't find the rights for priestess, I would settle for warrior princess.

my mom kept going on about being buried at sea, though the govmn't might nix that due to evil and radiation.

~K

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Bury my ass under the crapper. And by crapper, I mean Eliza Dushku, so I can spend the rest of my eternity looking up her skirt.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Not sure if I still have the velour tracksuit, but I could work something out...

I want my body cut into large chunks and tossed into a great white feeding frenzy with buckets of chum. But it has to be videotaped so my disturbed friends (and yous guys) can watch the awesome gruesomeness.

That, or have my body stuffed so I'm like a stuffed human to be used as decoration in a bar or tattoo parlor or something.

First Choice: Stuffed naked in a triumphant pose atop the elephant in the rotunda of the Smithsonian Natural History Museum.

Second Choice: Freeze-dried and put on the living room couch. This would be a sort of immortality as I will be in death exactly as I am in life.

Third Choice: Cremated with my ashes surreptitiously mixed into the pepper shakers of local restaurants.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I want my conciousness downloaded into an android frame. The body should get full Viking burial rights, suitable for a priestess... If they can't find the rights for priestess, I would settle for warrior princess.
    That one! I want that one too.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

cremated, and scattered from the top of mt. diablo.

I saw a rather good burial in Northern Exposure a few years back that looked quite fun. Typical casket affair but launched into the middle of a lake by a trebuchet.

Not sure it's my ideal, will give it more thought, but it would do in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by JonQ
    I saw a rather good burial in Northern Exposure a few years back that looked quite fun. Typical casket affair but launched into the middle of a lake by a trebuchet.

Not sure it's my ideal, will give it more thought, but it would do in a pinch.
    That's Canada, for you.

Cremate me

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Already own a plot in Petaluma, CA. It'll be a real party eternity!

OEC

I've thought about it, and on reflection, I don't mind if I am cremated, downloaded, casketted or whatever...but however you do it, there has to be seige weaponry.
    It's just not a party without a few drinks and weapons of medieval destruction.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Good one john Q!

another cool idea would be to be launched into the sun.

I told my boyfriend if I die before him he has to have me cremated and then eat my ashes.

I recently got a woodworking catalog that had a "build-your-own Casket" kit. It included your choice of brass or nickel finished hardware. My wife won't let me get it...she never lets me do anything fun

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    I told my boyfriend if I die before him he has to have me cremated and then eat my ashes.
    That's not very thougthful of you, ashes go down horribly. Wouldn't you consider being just medium grilled?

Turn me into a Dalek..

Rivet my body into a motorized wheel chair, rigged up with multiple guns, and some sort of rudimentry guidance computer, and set me loose in the mall of the america's or some such.

Paintball guns work too, I guess. Almost better, the trauma of being chased by a corpse shooting paintballs would be kind of worse than death for some. Especially the young.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

My friends and I sat around one day and all decided we would donate our bodies to Scandanavian Black Metal bands.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    Paintball guns work too, I guess. Almost better, the trauma of being chased by a corpse shooting paintballs would be kind of worse than death for some. Especially the young.
    Oh hell, picturing that gave the best laugh I have had in quite awhile! Where do I sign up as well?

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    Turn me into a Dalek..
    *grabs a plunger and a pepper pot* where do you want to start?

~K

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

This is actually a LONG STANDING POINT Between ME an' Certain Other "distant" relatives still living back in the midwest area,.....
    MY FATHER was buried in "St.Louis",...
    theres' a "PLOT" there Waiting...
    Reserved for ether "Myself" ~ or my "(Step-adopted)mother"....

yet She an' my Stepfather are gonna' be buried in "SOUTH" st.louis,
    nearly 60 miles away,...
    but She kept taunting me(*getting some kind of sick glee)
    from KNOWING What I Wanted was to be Next to my FATHER!....
    sayin';.....
    ~ {*"MaYbE She'll be buried there,...best not Die before Her...or she'll make sure I End up in a Land fill somewhere rather than PAY for [my] Funeral ),....

THIS WAS(is) MY "FATHER" WHOM' GAVE HIS LIFE,
    - TRYING TO HELP GIVE ME A CHANCE OUT,..

..she Couldn't WAIT FOR "HIM"(& "me") To be Out'a the Way though......
    >:-([

I kind of like the idea of the BodyWorlds thing but I would want to be credited.

My cousins and I have agreed that we want to be cremated. I don't believe in spending thousands of dollars on a casket if all you're going to do is bury it and take up space. It seems like a pretty selfish thing to do.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

cremation. i don't want anyone raising me as a zombie or stealing my DNA or anything.
    i had my mom cremated and i have some ashes around my neck, some scattered in a stream, and some in a baggie in case i lose my pendant.
    i haven't thought of a ceremony, but it hope it's something grand. if i go out, i wanna see a party, even if i don't see many while i'm living. ;P
    *just realised i said "if" in that sentence, like it's a question of whether i die or not >.> *

LaurenWK's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    That's not very thougthful of you, ashes go down horribly. Wouldn't you consider being just medium grilled?
    Maybe he could just put her ashes in a smoothie or something?

+ Reply to Thread