Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do anybody here own a car?

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Default Re: Do anybody here own a car?

normal? wtf? is that?

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

I own 2 cars... VW golf and F-350 dually long bed...

golf is my personal car and Ford is personal/work truck, benefit of being the owner of the company. With diesel down, I can drive it once again.. I have 2 cars that go from 1 extreme to another.. Good gas mile age, nice turn radius , to monstrosity of truck, that has no turn radius. I took that thing into Atlanta, I cursed major mistake...

Ingridsca1's Avatar Member

I own three- an Impala, a Dodge Ram, and Nissan.
    I live about 45 min from any major freeway in Southern California. You really have to have a car here.
    I eat 2 out of every 3 meals on the road during the week and often at least i on the weekend. Makes for a messy car...
    I drive A LOT. 1 1/2 round trip to work daily. Then I have rehearsal/dance class at least twice during the week in San Diego after work- that's another 3 hours on the road. Then I drive out to Orange County to see the rest of my loved ones every weekend which is about an hour and 45 minutes each Friday and Sunday. This doesn't include any shows or other activities that might be going on.

Ugh.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenWK
    Just found an old photo I took of my car, when I first got it.

yes Mrs Wreck also drives one. cant remember idf its a 4 pot or 6 pot

Car 1 (ref picture)

again a referance picture, this is current daily drive

again not mine, but mine is parked up in 2nd driveway with a crumpled front. figuring out what to do with it

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    normal? wtf? is that?
    Exactly...

Nothing wrong with being different.

I guess I just get a little annoyed at people who complain about not having any way to get places, always needing rides, never being able to find a good job, etc. But many times I can see that they are stuck in a loop. They can't get a good job because they don't have a car. And they feel like they can't get a car, because they don't have a good job. But it seems like people could save their money for a year, and get a car, and then use that to get a better job... And once you have the better job, affording a car, a better apartment, etc, is a lot easier...

But people who just prefer not to drive, especially people who live in NYC or SF, that makes sense to me, and I have no problem with that. As long as you are happy with the choice, then I really don't care about it.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Exactly...

Nothing wrong with being different.

I guess I just get a little annoyed at people who complain about not having any way to get places, always needing rides, never being able to find a good job, etc. But many times I can see that they are stuck in a loop. They can't get a good job because they don't have a car. And they feel like they can't get a car, because they don't have a good job. But it seems like people could save their money for a year, and get a car, and then use that to get a better job... And once you have the better job, affording a car, a better apartment, etc, is a lot easier...
    I know what you mean. Where there's a will there's a way right? So shut up and get to it.

homicidal_kiss's Avatar Random

i hate driving, and i hate my car. i want to be rich and pay someone to drive for me. i have to drive because i travel constantly for shoots and stuff. i've only been driving for one year, and i put so many miles on my car. maybe ten thousand? in one year. i feel so gross calculating...i drive too much. and considering that it costs me about 19 cents a mile, that's a lot of money spent. bleh. then my car broke down about 4 times in the last year as well. average cost to fix was 150, and it was apparently a deal because my mechanic is a friend of my dad. >_<

i'm hoping to eventually move to europe and just use public transportation for the rest of my days. lol

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by homicidal_kiss
    i hate driving, and i hate my car. i want to be rich and pay someone to drive for me. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by homicidal_kiss
    i'm hoping to eventually move to europe and just use public transportation for the rest of my days. lol
    Good plan as long as you can use the transport. The fuel costs are pretty horrendous in our neck of the woods.
    It's about £0.99 a litre for deisel and £0.89 for unleaded at the moment (on average) in the UK. Other euro countries are cheaper but many are not much better.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by JonQ
    Good plan as long as you can use the transport. The fuel costs are pretty horrendous in our neck of the woods.
    It's about £0.99 a litre for deisel and £0.89 for unleaded at the moment (on average) in the UK. Other euro countries are cheaper but many are not much better.
    Being that a gallon= 3.7 litres....That is pretty pricey. I think the national average here now, in the US, is like $2.00 a gallon.

that and the government are introducing new laws on car modifications which will ban a lot of traditional hot rod builds using period interiors.

Because I care, I did the maths:

£0.99 = $1.43 (approx.) x 3.7 = $5.29 a gallon
    £0.89 = $1.26 (approx.) x 3.7 = $4.66 a gallon

Don't say I am not a team player

+ Reply to Thread