+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dream house

Default Dream house

Let say moneys was of no issue, what would your dream house be like?

Mine would be on a five acres land. The house would have three bedrooms (two guests and one master), three bathrooms (master bathroom will have waterfall shower), gaming room (pool table and shuffleboard), huge kitchens with all kind of gadgets, and a huge room to serve as a mini museum of curiosity so I can collect all kind of weird things such as skull, shriken head, antique medical equipments, etc... and a library for my antique books collect. Oh also can't forget a nice photography studio and basement with ring in it so I can train and spar in comfort of my own home. There will be a fish tank in every rooms in the house.

The roof will have grass grown on it so I can have goats and chickens on roof just so I can chuckles at them every time I come home. There will be a small hut on the roof for them to come in at night and attach to the house so I can go in to collect eggs from chicken and clean up.

Also I'd like to attach a 100 feet tall tower to the house so I can go up and enjoy the view of the city.

A hot tub will be a MUST!!!

Oh man... this is never gonna to happen. No way I'd have all of those during time like this. I can't live like this while others are struggling to make their end meet. I'd feel horrible about it. I just hope economy really pick up if I ever get to point where I can afford such thing.

Bedlamite

Default Re: Dream house

My dream house has boiled down to a place with insulation, cracks sealed, new/well built plumbing, a steady heating/cooling system, good roof that doesn't leak... Well you get the idea. Anything within that whole, in excellent working order category would be a dream to me.

Didn't somebody here buy a freaking castle? It's hard to top that.

I want a boat-house. One that's made out of a real boat, so that it's got masts and stuff, but rebuilt for living in on a large enough scale to have some real rooms (ones I can stand up in). I'd decorate it like a floating punk-pirate fortress, complete with skull-and-crossbones and anarchist flags and banners, and the deck would be a wild-ass garden where I could throw sweet private afterparties in summer.

There's actually hundreds if not thousands of places here in Amsterdam that'd suit my specifications, but they're kindof unaffordable for someone with my lifestyle.

fedora's Avatar Member

I’d just need a loft (even the smallest one!) on the last floor on some building in a big, arty city (Berlin’s my secret dream). Then I would proceed with decorating the walls I can’t stand dark, brooding houses so I’d paint everything like my current home, lots of lila, white and lime green. I t has to have huge windows, ‘cause I suffer from claustrophobia, and be full of my favourite prints, Ernst ones over the others (over my bed there’s now a beautiful copy of his Attirement of the Bride, I’d take that with me wherever I will move).

So, nothing special or unaffordable

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Rockwulf, I'd like to see you trying to fight off all CIA and FBI agents who want to get tehir filthy paws on your latest gadgets lol

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well if money was no objectI'd pay someone else to design it. As long as it has about 5000 sq' of warehouse space with 600 volt service I don't really care

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Rockwulf - you'd be wanting to shop here. I'm the guy in front of you at the counter.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

my dream house is the one I live in..... when we finish it.

finished, it will be 5 bedrooms, 2 baths, recess lighting, bamboo flooring, concrete counters..... I like nice stuff...... this list goes on and on.... finished it'll be a masterpiece.

Few ideas ...

1. Have a real, honest to god hobbit hole. Built out in the middle of 30 acres of land into a giant hill. Have solar power, satellite internet/tv, a few big windows on the sides to let light in. Lots of forest around it to explore. Then have the entire property encased with security measures so I could wander my private estate in security and peace.

I'd build a nice fire pit off in the woods for cooking, camping, set up a few hidden shrines and pools for spiritual activities and hell..install a big ass wizard tower equipped with telescopes and plenty of reading space/book cases..and fuck why not.. a fuklly equipped bar stocked with ice cold guiness on tap and plenty of hard stuff.

So..pretty much Plenty of land..with all the cool shit I love spread out far apart to make it more interesting.

2. Fortress, got inspired by watching pen an teller back in the day. The guys house is surrounded by 10 foot tall, barbed wire concrete walls and gun towers. But inside its the pinnacle of luxury. I love that /

3. Another underground house..but this one built into a mountain. Deep subterranean rooms, lots of cool lighting, lots of floor space, maybe pipe in a natural hot spring for hot tubbing etc.

So pretty much want to live underground or behind concrete walls.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

I think If I would could design my dream home I t would have alot of rooms each with different themes in it. Like have a Steampunk Laboratory in the attic, a hellraiser inspired dungeon in the basement, a bedroom made to look like a violent horrific murder scene. The master bedroom would most definitely be like straight out of Dracula's castle. Most definitely make the first room of the house completely upside down though. I think walking in and seeing the couch on the floor above you would definitely give enough of a warning to people as to what they just might be walking into.

Awesome thinking, Clockwork Jello

You should visit some old castles in Europe to get some more idea.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy
    Awesome thinking, Clockwork Jello

You should visit some old castles in Europe to get some more idea.
    Thank you!

I plan to eventually. I may try to move to Germany after I get done here in Japan and get started on that.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

teletubies house as designed by Jules Verne and an energy conservationist

+ Reply to Thread