+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worst situation you ever laughed in?

Default Worst situation you ever laughed in?

Ever laughed at the most inappropriate time? Such as at someone funeral? When someone got hit by car? Or something like that?

I have two, oddly both include my mom's vehicle.

One time, right after homecoming dance when I was 16. It was still somewhat early in the morning when my grandpa came by to visit. He came in and told my mom that her van is gone. Everybody in the house rushed out, being curious about why everyone was rushing out. I went along with them. As I saw them staring at the empty parking spot, I break out in a laugh as every body turn to stare at me with shocked disgusting look on their face.
    The main reason I laughed is because, this was third time the van got stole in two months span. (This van got stole five time before my parents finally got fed up and sold it)

Other time, I forgot how old I was but I was still in high school. My mom was driving me to one hotel for a job interview. It was in middle of the summer and we were on Las Vegas strip. So it was like over 110 degree and the traffic was intense. My mom's car start to sputter and shut down. I break out in a laugh as soon as I feel the car starting to die. My mom was super pissed, she repeatedly backhand my thigh and shoulder and yelled at me and keep say if the car stop running, I'll be getting out and push it myself. Of course this didnt stop me from laughing. Amazingly somehow the car managed to make it to next parking lot and pull in to cool down.
    My mom didn't let me in car for rest of the summer.

Oh also one time I got stuck in Slovakia (I was traveling out of USA for first time by myself) and I laughed about it the whole time. But I wasn't with anyone so it doesn't exactly make it a inappropriate situation.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: Worst situation you ever laughed in?

My wife laughs her ass off everytime I accidently hurt myself...So yeah, thanks hun.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

Back in high school I remember this one time a friend of a friend walked up to me and started acting all nervous and to make a long story short she asked me out. In my head I thought it was so funny that she would be so nervous about asking me out, that without realising it, I started laughing. I don't mean a chuckle either but Laughing out loud. I stopped laughing and looked at her and she looked horrified and so sad at the same time. It was only then that I realised what I had done to the poor girl and she ran off before I could even say anything. Yeah, a lot of people knew me as a fucking asshole after that.

One time I was caught on the news laughing as I directed traffic around a fatal traffic crash. I had been on scene for over an hour and was laughing because one of my buddies sat on his radio and accidently broadcast himself making some kind of crazy noises. I guess I just looked like a maniac to all the nice folks at home.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i've laughed at car accidents, slip and falls, spaz attacks.

at my ex's dad's funeral. *snickers at the memory* my ex is very Italian, as is his entire family. there was something incredibly hysterical about the 20 or 30 people in pin striped suites and purple silk ties, at least to me, and it was all i could do to wait till the end of the service to laugh into my hankie about the "Mob" scene.

~K

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

A few minutes after being stabbed in the side with a six-inch switchblade.

Has laughing ever hurt anyone so much before ever? I seriously doubt it.

I laughed to the words "I've got herpes".

My boyfriend laughed at me the first time I told him I love you

Oh god, all the time.

Trying to think of some of the worst.

1. I was breaking up with my first girlfriend and shes bawwing her eyes out etc. I looked into her eyes and saw her face and realized the things she was saying were straight out of a romance movie she forced me to watch a few weeks back. I nerd snorted and started laughing while she cried and called me an asshole.

2. An aquantince told me his girlfriend had gotten aids. NOT SURE WHY THAT WAS FUNNY but I laughed and felt like an asshole. Maybe its because he looked at me with wide eyes and went "Shes got aids man!".

3. This is a recent one. There was this obese black nurse walking with two guys who were white, bald, dressed in gangsta coats with strong overbites and staggering. They were mentally deficient but just the image of two bald white guys dressed like gangsters with over bites and big happy smiles holding hands with a huge, angry looking black lady made me crack out with a banshee screech. I laughed so hard I had to run into the green market to avoid their glares.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Oh god, all the time.

Trying to think of some of the worst.

1. I was breaking up with my first girlfriend and shes bawwing her eyes out etc. I looked into her eyes and saw her face and realized the things she was saying were straight out of a romance movie she forced me to watch a few weeks back. I nerd snorted and started laughing while she cried and called me an asshole.

2. An aquantince told me his girlfriend had gotten aids. NOT SURE WHY THAT WAS FUNNY but I laughed and felt like an asshole. Maybe its because he looked at me with wide eyes and went "Shes got aids man!".

3. This is a recent one. There was this obese black nurse walking with two guys who were white, bald, dressed in gangsta coats with strong overbites and staggering. They were mentally deficient but just the image of two bald white guys dressed like gangsters with over bites and big happy smiles holding hands with a huge, angry looking black lady made me crack out with a banshee screech. I laughed so hard I had to run into the green market to avoid their glares.

OUCH!!! I'm sure once you get into law enforcement, you'll probably end up laughing in some awkward situation. Imagine laughing while telling the kids of man you've just arrested that their daddy is going to jail or something like that.

I try to laugh in every inappropriate situation. They're always the funniest, and it's a shame to let good humor go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    I try to laugh in every inappropriate situation. They're always the funniest, and it's a shame to let good humor go to waste.
    LMAO! Great way to think I should try tell people this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy
    OUCH!!! I'm sure once you get into law enforcement, you'll probably end up laughing in some awkward situation. Imagine laughing while telling the kids of man you've just arrested that their daddy is going to jail or something like that.
    I always try to keep kids from seeing me take mommy/daddy to jail. I was on a domestic battery call once and the wife and kids were locked in the car in the driveway while drunk-daddy was outside yelling at them. We seperated everyone and the wife had obvious signs of physical injury, so daddy had to take the ride. The kids were really scared and the last thing I wanted to do was further traumatize them by seeing daddy handcuffed and stuffed into a police car. So I got daddy just out of view behind the car and explained to him that he was under arrest, but I didn't want his kids to see him being handcuffed. At that point he starts yelling like a little bitch to the kids "hey I'm going to jail...look at what your mother is doing to me!" The kids start crying and screaming. I was like "you are a fucking asshole" and then his head accidentally hit the door frame as I pushed him into the car. In hindsight, maybe it would have been a better lesson if the kids saw me cuff Daddy and smash him in the face as a message about what happens to wifebeaters, but as a kid your daddy can do no wrong.

Usually people really appreciate it when you spare their kids from seeing them get arrested and I've devoloped a lot of street informants from showing people that kind of courtesy. There's actually a children's book about when daddy has to go to jail..can't remember the name of it, but it must be the most depressing gift a child can get.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I laughed hysterically when I got my DUI. The guy standing next to me at the bar got bumped into by someone and spilled his beer. I was pretty fucking drunk (okay, wasted) and he thought it was me, so he punched me in the face. I didn't feel a thing over all the beer and whatever else was in me, but I tried to calm him down and buy him a drink, but instead we were both kicked out. So I stumbled to my truck, sat in the passenger seat after tossing my keys into the bed, and tried to call a ride. Next thing I know, I'm waking up at the gate to get on post, in the driver seat, with the gate down. I lost it and just stated laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Then after sleeping on a small bench in the MP station, my first sergeant had to pick me up. But after bitching me out about the DUI he got even more pissed about the fact that I had piercings. I cracked up again, then while he's making me do pushups, flutterkicks, and all sorts of other stupid, pointless exercises that are suppose to be punishment, I just couldn't stop laughing. Especially when he got even more pissed when I spewed off the regulation on piercings (not in uniform or on post basically, and I was out of uniform and off post when I had them in, you know, up until the DUI anyway) and made him look like an idiot.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

When my friends and I were volunteering at ground zero after 9/11 we started making jokes and laughing. It was mostly just gallows humor to keep us from wigging the fuck out.

Brigeyboo's Avatar Senior Member

At my cousins funeral, my dad and i were standing alone and he started to mention something he had done when he was younger and it was funny and we both started cracking up laughing, and then i couldn't help but laugh my ass off at all the girls (he was a playa =o) that were balling their eyes out. just everyone crying (even my family) made me want to laugh @_@
    and my dad always makes me laugh at the worst times

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

A good friend and I got what is commonly known as shit-faced. He said something stupid, or maybe I did it.
    Anyways, we got into a fight, hurt each other pretty good and then calmed down to drink more. his lady comes home to see me bleeding all over her kitchen and laughing my ass off while he is pulling out a tooth and puking in the refrigerator.
    In the fukn frig that we just filled with groceries earlier in the day. With the last money they had for the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigeyboo
    At my cousins funeral, my dad and i were standing alone and he started to mention something he had done when he was younger and it was funny and we both started cracking up laughing, and then i couldn't help but laugh my ass off at all the girls (he was a playa =o) that were balling their eyes out. just everyone crying (even my family) made me want to laugh @_@
    and my dad always makes me laugh at the worst times
    Your dad sound awesome!

Brigeyboo's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy
    Your dad sound awesome!
    haha he is, we always make jokes at others expense xD
    he's like my friend before my dad, pretty fun most of the time

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

1)I was in the room while my sister was giving birth and I was cracking jokes about her face being like purple while she was pushing. The dad got really pissed about that, but she thanked me for making her feel somehow less awkward haha

2) At my grandpa's wake and funeral I had giggle outbursts at two really quiet parts. At the wake During the prayer before they closed the casket, my little cousin was muttering under his breath something about how bored he was and wished that the priest would stop talking And that was so inappropriate that I couldn't help laughing. On the way over to the church another one of my cousins had his music cranked up and the bass blaring, and then during the funeral service, a fly kept buzzing around the priest's face, and instead of just waving it away, he kept his arms outstretched and tried to shoo it away with his fingers. It's hard to explain, but he reminded me of a priest in some comedy... Like a caricature of a normal priest. Anyway, we had both been bawling our eyes out all day, and I think we finally cracked because that kept my sister and I giggling the rest of the mass

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

Uhhmmm,...well I Have Had several,....

How should I Start on this,...
    ok, ~ CHRONOLOGICALLY then.........

1984,..*Was Studying "VOICE(singing) & MUSIC THEORY,..
    and One afternoon was Going down to the REC' Rm of the Apt' building I lived in, which had an Old beat up piano, but to get there I had to walk around the Back patio way, the Door to the Room was notoriously known for sticking really bad, an' People had to just give it a bit of a good shove to open,...
    Unluckily for ME that day, (someone) had Locked it from Inside,..
    but I Was UnAware of it at the time,..
    so Figuring it was just Stuck again, I Placed my left arm along the WOOD frame of the window panel of the door an' Begibn pushing,..well My Arm slipped forward..and smashed Right through the GLASS,...at First I Felt nothing, No pain,..Hadn't even relized I'de had my Lower Arm SLICED throu,...
    the first thing I noticed ~ was a Wet sensation on my Toes,(*it was Mid-summer, so I was Barefoot at the time),...I looked down an' saw RED slime on my feet,..then looked at my Arm,..there was a Clean slice about 1/2 way up the Forearm,..down closer to the Elbow though was a VERY DIFFERENT thing,...the Arm SKIN had been sliced so neatly, it was just a Large Piece of triangular shaped flesh Hangin' off by a Sm' thread of nerve ending,....
    so I Grabbed my Arm in My right hand Putting Pressure on it to control the bleeding,..went Back upstairs, and with a BIG GRIN an' HEARTY LAUGH,..Yelled to the Counselor, - ( *Ey TURP',..GuESS WHAT,..PUT MY ARM THROUGH A WINDOW ),..his reply was ~ "OHHH MYaa GAWDDD"!!,...
    ..we ***** my arm in about four or five CLEAN WHITE towels{*nice an' Red when they were Removed though,..LOL ],....Drove me down the Street to the City Hospital,..the Emergency Room Dr. Immediately Stiched back the Upper Slice,.then relized the Main big Section had no where to Stiche,..I Told him to just CUT THE BIG PIECE a' FLESH" that was hangin' off,..so - He did,...

IT WAS STILL IRONICALLY HILARIOUS though,...
    ':-)

...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

ok,...

another Time,....

1987,..* I was in a Karat'e class, and Had to ride my TEN SPEED Bike at Night all the way from the house to the class location, about three-five miles or so,...
    well, That night I Had a really bad Migrane headache so Took some aspirins,..
    but by the Time I started off to class the Pain(headache) was still there,....

well,..so YOU all get an Idea of the general Geographical layout of the area,..

The main Street to ride along side of was 6 Lanes wide,...
    Lights were about 200-400 Yrds apart,..
    a 3 1/4 Ft side Ashphalt lane Along side the Car lanes,....

I Was origially Riding along the side Facing "ONCOMING" traffic,..
    but Missed the Crosslight just passed me, a few 25-30 Ft back,..
    so Looking both ways,..Seeing "NO" Traffic in ANY Direction,...
    I Cut Directly across an EMPTY "6" Lanes,..

Just as my FRONT Tire Touched the Ashpalt of the Far side that I Needed to Be on,..
    MY Bike suddenly JERKED HARD, UPWARDLY FORWARD,..
    an' I Cam Down hitting the Pavement (*bouncing) TWICE off my Spinal sternum,..(*at the base of my Spine),....

~ I GOT UP, LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF UPROARIOUSLY!!!
    PRESSING DOWN INTO MY LOWER BACK
    WITH THE KNUCKLE OF MY FIST, (*using a Pressure Technique against any pain)...

..the Lady driving the CAR that had JUST RAN ME DOWN,(*Accidentally)
    was In TEARS!!!,....and HYSTARICAL!,..
    I Had to take nearly Ten minutes to Calm Her down,
    enough to get in her car to drive on Home,..
    Assuring her the Entire time that I Was Fine,
    and - still Laughing About it too,....

Suffice it say, - I Did make it CLASS that night,..
    Stayed 'bout thirty minutes when suddenly My back locked up,
    I Couldn't Move, and Had to be taken Home,...

To this Very day,
    ~ I Still have Severe Residual Pains because of that.
    ';-)}

in 1988,...
    ~ *I was walking home from a Friends house, I Hadn't driven so I Was on foot,..
    Dressed in ALL BLACK Silk dress Shirt/pants, Blk-Shoes/Socks,
    & an' Italian Hat,..
    the Only Visable piece of Color to my Entire Ensemble was a White silk tie,...
    but I Was walking along side of Traffic Going WITH it,..
    so My BACK was facing traffic coming up Behind me,...
    (*No one could see ME)

now, I Was walking along the I-70 Freeway, in the Ashpalt Side lane, a good several Feet IN, from Traffic,....
    next thing I Knew I Felt something SLAM!! against me,on my Left side,....
    Knocked my Hat off an' Shoved me only a slight bit forwardly, but not knocking me down or over,...just a slight stumbling forward,.....
    I Looked up to see the Back of a "MACK TRUCK" as it zoomed onward,..
    Not even seeming to Relize it had HIT Some(thing),......
    for the next 15 minutes or so,..
    I Kept walking holding my Left arm cradleing it with my right,...
    thinking at first It had been Broken,....
    - there Was NO Pain, just a cold Numb sensation...

you see,..
    ~ My (L) ARM Busted out the Trucks "R"side passenger side Headlamp.
    and My left side of my Body had dented the GRILL,...
    and the Top of my head, Busted off the Passengers' side Rear View mirror,...

after about fifteen minutes I Suddenly relized My left arm was fine,
    I Stared to move it around a bit,..
    As i Finally got to the Freeway off ramp at the Street
    I Needed to be on to walk the Rest a' the way home,...

there was a 24 Hr FOOD Store at the shopping center
    at the Far off ramp side, as I Noticed a "SHERIFF"s' car out front,...
    I Told him what happened, asked IF I Could get a ride
    the rest a' the way home (*Still several more Miles yet)...
    HE Said It was AGAINST Policy to be "CAB" service,
    But He could call me a PARAMEDIC/Ambulance"??,..
    I Said No Thank you, an' started walking on the rest a' the way toward home,...
    'bout 4-5 minutes later HE Pulled up,..
    said His dispatch supervisor said to take me on home,..

so I Got home finally ~ as Same as I always felt,..

It was rather Ironically Funny,........

Last One, for Now.....

in 1998, Here in Los Angeles, Ca;....
    ~ *I was asked to perform for a local hollywood Outdoor Carnival type Event
    in a small housing court area,...

I Agreed to (for FREE) IF? they would give a friend whom' did Video'graphy taping,(which They were also looking for too, anyway),,,....

You See,..
    ~ I AM ALSO A PROFESIONAL FIRE-BREATHER,............

well,....anyway..That day was Nov' 28th the Last Fri of the month,..I Had Nothing but troubles from the moment I Woke up That morning,...Had t be in FULL COSTUME/MAKE UP, pulling a Full STAGE Carty, an' using the BUS from N.Hollywood,..back down into Hollywood,...
    at first Couldn't get the Promoters on the phone, Had no Address of the location, which turned out to be right around the corner on the next street over,...
    ....so,..That week, ~ L.A had gotten a LOT a' heavy rains,..
    & there was still a fogey mist to the air too.when I Finnaly Set up,..the Promoters had to ask me to move my Whole stage - three times...I Finally wound up in the middle yard area, set up in the center of a HUGE water filled 10Ft puddled area,(*Ironically which actually was a SAVING point later),...

so Anyway,..
    I Was scheduled to do my show at 1:00 Pm,..- that afternoon,..

I Had NO Sleep for the last two & 1/2 days,
    Hadn't eaten in the same amount of time,...
    an' was seriously Fighting Exhaustion an' fatigue,...

around 11;#0/11:45 AM,..I Relized I Was starting to go under (*falling asleep)
    and Told the Promoter I Needed to go on an' HOUR Earlier than planed,..or I Wouldn't be On at all,...He agreed,..
    I Began my Show, the Kids LOVED an' THRILLED to it,...
    an' as I Began to Blow my BIG HUGE FINAL'E FLAME,....
    there was a backwhiptail of Fire fluid from the Torch that streamed back along the misting spray,..
    ~ right ONTO ME,..

I WENT UP in a BURST Of BRIGHT FIRE,...The KISDs never relized It was NOT a part of the show,...They ALL thought it was a SP/FX,....
    n' I Never told them different Ether,...

well,..anyway,....
    as a "PRO" fire breather You learn about SEVERAL Basics,
    in order to stay Focused and calm,....IF? You Catch Fire around your Face,..EXHALE All remaining breathe, Empty out your lungs, Do NOT BREATHE in again,..close your mouth,..cease any OXYGEN intake around you,...stay focused,..close your eyes,(*so as Not to Burn out your retinas)
    ..I ALLWAYS Have an EMERGENCY WATER BUCKET as well,..
    First thing I Did, I YANKED OFF and THREW Down my Flaming "WIG" And "costume jacket" into THAT BIG POOL OF WATER i Previously mentioned,..(*That Aided a LOT),...DOUSED the BUCKET ALL DOWN ME,...
    an' Exinguished the small left over flames,...
    THE KIDS APPLAUDED thinking THAT was the BEST SHOW
    THEY'DE EVER GOTTEN TO SEE,..
    ':-)

I Rushed back into the kitchen of the Promoters House (*Never saying Anything was ever Wrong) and Not letting Anyone see how bad I Was burned,...
    -{*especially the kids),......
    I Started Rinsing off any remaining "fluid residue",with flushing running water,...
    ..Next thing I Know,..."PARAMEDICS" come running in,...

WHY??? ~ I Didn't CALL THEM,..NEVER TOLD ANYONE ELSE too,..
    n' DIDN'T NEED THEM,....

the MEDIC could NOT Believe
    nor Understand ~ WHY I Re'Fused any PAIN KILLER,.
    (*as Did the TRAUMA CENTER Doctors)...
    I Told them I Used MARTIAL ARTS/Tia'Chi meditations
    to Breathe outside of Pain,...which is Why I NEVER FELT any,..even apperantly with 2nd & 3rd degree burns across My entire Lower Jaw,
    Neck an' upper Chest area,...
    and along the Sides of my Scalp, an' a bit a' my Eyelid(s) too,...

I was Rushed down to "SIDARS CINIEA, HOSPITAL" - in W.LA,....
    but they Never treated me,...
    just Sent me home with an Appointment the following MON'
    for the Grossman's burn center on Van nuys in Sherman Oaks,...

By the way,...
    NO DOCTOR EVER DID ANY
    MEDICAL SURGICAL TREATMENTS ON ME FOR THIS - EVER,...
    ...yet I HEALED UP PERFECTLY,....
    {*though the Burn center Does have polaroids of My face
    during Each Weely visit, - in their record Files)]......

oh,..
    n' the DOCTOR there, never could figure out.....
    ~ "HOW" ~ I HEALED SO WELL",...

';-]}

+ Reply to Thread