+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please take a moment to remind everyone important in your life that you love them.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Please take a moment to remind everyone important in your life that you love them.

As some of you may have heard, my Mother died in her sleep Valentine's morning. So, again, please do take a moment to remind everyone important in your life that you love them. Sometimes you can't do it later.

You may see a few more bot posts lingering for a few days and that sort of thing. I need to go up to SF and make arrangements and all that. Her place doesn't get very good internet, so I'll try to keep an eye on things, but may not be as able to.

Default Re: Please take a moment to remind everyone important in your life that you love them.

So sorry to hear about what happened, hope you have a fond memory of last moment with her and always cherish many more fond memories of her.

If you need to take a quick break, don't worry. I'm sure everyone will understand.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

Default Re: Please take a moment to remind everyone important in your life that you love them.

sorry to hear about your loss

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

omg. i'm so sorry. *hugs*
    i know how you feel. you know...
    my heart goes out to you.
    if there's anything ANYTHING you need, just ask, ok?
    *morehugs*
    there's nothing i can say at the moment... honestly. my heart is overwhelmed and bleeding.
    seriously, let me know if you need anything.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

my heart goes out to you, and my prayers are with you.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

That sucks dude. Hope you're dealing with it well.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

My sincerest thoughts and sympathies are with you, man. I wouldn't wish that kind of tragedy on anyone.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

*reaches up and gives you a big hug*

~K

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

So sorry to hear about this, you're in my thoughts.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Oh wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. I never know quite what to say in situations like this but I hope you're holding up ok.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I'm sorry, Forrest. Sincerest condolences.

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

My thoughts are with you right now

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Deepest sympathy.

I still can't believe mortuaries all take Presidents Day off.

Sad to hear it
    Take care!

Bedlamite

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

My condolences.

OEC

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Please take a moment to remind everyone important in your life that you love them

Sorry to hear that Forrest.

and your little dog too

deepest condolances. my thoughts are with you, Forrest

LaurenWK's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Please take a moment to remind everyone important in your life that you love them

I'm so sorry, dear. We don't know each other, but please believe that my heart goes out to you.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Wow, that sucks...

Sorry to hear about that.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

A Mother...As the man I am...Is there no greater force in your life...Ever?

Sorry Forrest. I almost lost my mom about 2 years ago and it basically was almost surreal. I just couldn't fathom it. My deepest regards....

That's really rough. So sorry for your loss.

We will just tease the bots until you can get back to battle them.

It always feels drastically inadequate to say, but you do have my sincere condolences.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

((hugs))

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

':-|
    ~ I Have No One.
    :-(

...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

My Parent(s) DIED when I was "4",...
    I Grew up ALL OVER THE PLACE, no REAL Home - No Family,..
    Oh sure I've known a Lota' People over the years, an' many know [of] me,..
    even my current "Fianc'ee" & I ~ aren't really Close-connected,...
    (she) has Her own Interests', n' FRIENDs'(outside interests~ etc'),......
    I have NONE,...............
    ~ I spend 'bout 97'% of my time - ALONE,.....

but I'm Use to it.

how are you doing?

Wow..missed this thread or else I would have replied sooner.

I'm truely sorry for the loss. I know i'd be devastated. I wish you very well and hope everything will be alright. Anything you need let me know. We are all here for you!

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i hope you're holding up ok.
    *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    how are you doing?
    All things considered, relatively decently. The service we had was really beautiful and warm and pleasant. We managed to bring in a lot of people from many different periods of my Mom's life and we just sat in a big circle and talked about various adventures we've all had with her and such. We had it at the Mount Tamalpais cemetery/mortuary, which is pretty amazingly scenic, almost postcard like. The people there were very friendly and easy going and they helped things go smooth. After that, close family and I went to Sausalito and scattered the ashes and a lot of her colorful butterflies in the bay by the statue of the seal, which most people who have been there would recognize. It's right by the Horizons resaurant, which used to be called The Trident, which is where I pretty much grew up, or at least where I spent a lot of my early childhood with her and the rest of the SF hippie rocker scenesters. All in all, it was really healthy and I think helped me a lot.

Staying in her place and packing things up was really hard though. Finding collections of every letter I'd ever sent her, about a million photographs that all bring back memories, etc. That was very hard to deal with, but I think it was ultimately healthy as well.

I'm pleased we were able to find a good home for her dog with a family friend and her daughter, who were used to coming over and playing with Shadow, and we donated a ton of awesome clothes to a charity that another friend of the family works with that provides clothing and such to women trying to enter the workforce who might otherwise not have the ability to get everything they need on their own.

The coroner still has no idea what went wrong, although according to my Grandmother, the same thing happened to my Great Grandmother. I mean, she did have some health issues, but this was pretty unexpected. She just passed away in her sleep.

But yeah, I seem to be dealing with this as best as one could expect, and it's honestly much better than the 6+ month self destructive bender I went on after my Father passed away suddenly during a fairly routine surgery. So, things are not too bad and I'm trying to keep focus on the good that she was, rather than the loss I'm experiencing.

I do want to thank everyone for the really nice and thoughtful notes and such. I really appreciate them and even the smallest little sentiments helped make things better.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Hang in there Forrest. Your mother raised one hell of a son. Your perseverance in your endeavors is an inspiration to all of us.

OEC

the service sounds beautiful. I'm glad to hear you're handling it so well. I don't know I could if it was me.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

that's sad news,mr. black,sir.
    *gives you hug*

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    i hope you're holding up ok.
    *hugs*
    ===============================================
    ~ Thank you "Soma",...

but OH Yeah,..I been Survivin' Alone over 40' somthing-(More) Years,...

Oh,.. ~ n' *hugs* back too

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by theDragon_svDragcos
    ===============================================
    ~ Thank you "Soma",...

but OH Yeah,..I been Survivin' Alone over 40' somthing-(More) Years,...

Oh,.. ~ n' *hugs* back too
    I weould say show a little respect for mr. black because his mom just died but it would probably fall on def ears.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    As some of you may have heard, my Mother died in her sleep Valentine's morning. So, again, please do take a moment to remind everyone important in your life that you love them. Sometimes you can't do it later.

You may see a few more bot posts lingering for a few days and that sort of thing. I need to go up to SF and make arrangements and all that. Her place doesn't get very good internet, so I'll try to keep an eye on things, but may not be as able to.
    ==================================================

Oh FORREST,....on "ValeNtInEs Day"...
    Dude,...I Am so Sorry,...Hope Your gonna' be ok?.........
    as "The others here" have said allready.....
    ~ PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOUR DOING OK,
    or if?? We can at all Help ok? Just Ask "US" Anytime......

Loves and Supports from "ALL 0f US" here...

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    I weould say show a little respect for mr. black because his mom just died but it would probably fall on def ears.
    =================================================
    Sorry MALCOLM, I had noticed direct replies to My own Comments, mistakingly thought they were to My previous ones,..
    I Just noticed "FORRESTS" mention further done the page,..
    Looked back up an' Saw the Mention by forrest,...
    NO DISRESPECT Was EVER INTENDED,.....
    (*nor at first - relized)

SORRY,.......

+ Reply to Thread