+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: how often do you eat fast food?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default how often do you eat fast food?

Lately our schedules have been so out of whack that it seems like we eat fast food all the time. I get home so late and dont want to wake anyone up, so I usually grab food for Bryan and I...it's getting bad..i need to start cooking again. I dont really like the food (although fry sauce is awesome) but the convienence is key. How often do you eat fast food?

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Default Re: how often do you eat fast food?

I'm more of a pizza kinda girl. Means I don't have to leave the house in shitty, cold weather (as it has been the past 2 months in Indy), and I can order online, so I don't have to deal w/ some of the idiots at those places.
    Lately, it's been about once a week that we've been eating pizza or fast food, so I guess we're not doing too bad.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Not as often as I used to - pretty much lived on it in my 20s (student renting a house; priority is not "a big kitchen") but these days probably twice a month. I still like the stuff, but you can OD after a while.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

almost never, and I'm always sorry when I do; my body hates it.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I tend to only eat fast food when I'm on vacation in California. I'd say when I'm home, maybe once every 2 months, and usually then its a veggie sandwhich or salad of some sorts.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

Entirely too much. My sleep/work/workout schedule makes it hard to get to the dining facility on base at times and miss out on meals so i end up grabbing fast food way too often. I feel disgusted everytime I do it.

Next to never. I like to walk into restaurant and sit down and enjoy my meal.

If I'm in a hurry, I'd stop by coffee shop or Starbuck.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

maybe twice a month there will be a night when the lady doesn't feel like cooking and she'll bring home a big bag of Taco Bell on her way home from a meeting or whatever, and I have very little will power when it comes to tacos. I end up hating myself for the slip like an hour later and lamenting that Taco Bell and Del Taco are not the same thing.

I used to only eat fast food when I'd been out clubbing in LA all night and by 2 in the morning tacos and giant iced teas sounded awesome.

Though I could rally go for a pizza.

~K

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I don't eat fast food that often, and when I do I know it's going to end up making me sick. Especially Taco Bell. I love it, but I hate it. I do however eat a lot of take out food from restaurants. If I don't have a Salsateria jerk chicken wrap at least once a week I get a little crazy. Mmmmm...*drool*..Salsateria....

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I go the take-out route sometimes, but not usually fast food. To me, fast food tastes like shit. It all just seems "chemicalized" and bad grade meat.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Ew! Once a season, if that...

... except for days like today, when I'm molested by sudden and mysterious cravings for a greasy cheeseburger from Carls Jr.

On the one hand, I've seen "Supersize Me" too many times (which means more than once), but on the other, I still occasionally desire what I know will kill me.

Bedlamite

At least two says a week!

Almost never. Really, only if I am on a "drive straight through" road trip and there's no other option reasonably available.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Taco Bell and Del Taco are not the same thing.
    ~K
    that's for effing damn sure. I actually miss taco tuesdays at del taco. del taco is the shizznit.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

What is Del Taco? Is it fast food?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

yeah...Del Taco? ive heard of Taco Del mar....I go to Muchas Gracias...their oregon burrito is wicked good..i think it's made with hippies or something

del taco only exists in southern california. its fast food I guess, but it sure is damn tasty. every tuesday they'd do 3 tacos for a buck. yum. they had great burritos and quesedillas too. you could even a burger and fries there. it was awesome. you have to experience it to understand. if you're ever in l.a., go eat there... its the bomb.
    taco time in pdx was good too, but del taco takes the cake. its good, very tasty, and cheap.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I used to go to the "Death Rock" Del Taco down the street from the Ruby on thursdays cause there was nothing better than thier soft tacos, a macho-nacho and a 33 oz iced tea. best thing ever after spending all night drinking and dancing. And there was something heart warming about a bunch of gothies decked to the nines sort of converging on this fast food establishment.

I miss it. I also miss Jack in the Box at like 4 in the morning. I get ads for 'em here but the nearest one is in Vancouver. I got ads for JB in Florida, too, and the closest one was in Louisiana. But I only miss it when I'm drunk.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I also miss Jack in the Box at like 4 in the morning. I get ads for 'em here but the nearest one is in Vancouver.
    ~K
    not true. there's one in SE. I ate there last time. its on powell. its been there forever.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

We have Taco Time here but only in the west. It's not as good as Taco Bell. HaHa! Wait, did I just say Taco Bell was good. Anyway, I've never had Del Taco (I don't think we have it in Canada) but I see commercials for it all the time. And now I want tacos.

Iggyisdead's Avatar boo-urns

I never eat fast food. It's tasty, but I always end up upchucking it soon after consumption.

Does take-out Chinese count?

Almost never. Subway once in a while I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I go the take-out route sometimes, but not usually fast food. To me, fast food tastes like shit. It all just seems "chemicalized" and bad grade meat.
    Speaking of chemicalizing, do anyone here notice that if you really try to taste meat, it have some sort of gelish taste to it?

Here's a fact: Arby's meat is made from leftover bits that have been solidified into jello like substance. This way they save money on paying for good bits of meat.

Oh next time you dare to think about complaining about your fast food, just be glad this wasnt in your food:

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy
    Speaking of chemicalizing, do anyone here notice that if you really try to taste meat, it have some sort of gelish taste to it?

Here's a fact: Arby's meat is made from leftover bits that have been solidified into jello like substance. This way they save money on paying for good bits of meat.

Oh next time you dare to think about complaining about your fast food, just be glad this wasnt in your food:

I used to love Roy Rogers roast beef sandwiches because it actually was roast beef. I'm amazed that Arby's and Hardee's can call that meat, roast beef. To me it looks nothing like roast beef you get from a deli. I'd love to see how they actually make that crap.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I treat myself to the Popeye's out here about once a month. But that's usually because I need something from the PX and can smell it from the entrance.

In the states on the other hand it was probably 3 or 4 meals a week. Usually Jack in the Box, Arby's (chicken sandwiches not the roast beef), or Taco Bell. But most of the time it was Chinese, Korean, or Mexican take-out. I'd call the place up when I got off work, by the time I got through the traffic to where I was getting food at, it would be ready. I have a good excuse though. Barracks living = no kitchen.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    I'm more of a pizza kinda girl. Means I don't have to leave the house in shitty, cold weather (as it has been the past 2 months in Indy), and I can order online, so I don't have to deal w/ some of the idiots at those places.
    Lately, it's been about once a week that we've been eating pizza or fast food, so I guess we're not doing too bad.

sounds like a shitty way to live.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I forgot to mention, add at least one pizza delivery a week to that list, which means pizza for dinner and cold pizza for breakfast the next morning (or afternoon depending on when the alcohol wears off)

Brigeyboo's Avatar Senior Member

every single day. @_@
    i'm at college and it's just easy to go buy fast food. it's horrible i know xD

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Almost always. I don't even have the gas on at home for the oven as it's pointless. Living with your girlfriend would be different but cooking for one is inefficient.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

I actually had fast food last week, 1st time in over two months.

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

quit often,..

Usually "Mc'Ds",( "Big Macs", or "DBLCheeseBurgers" )...
    sometimes "ElPoloLoco", or "KFC",.."Burger king" or "J - i - t - box",....
    or maybe "Ralleys",....
    an' sometimes "Delivery" { Burgers / Fettuchini Alfreddo / Pizza / Etc )

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    del taco only exists in southern california. its fast food I guess, but it sure is damn tasty. every tuesday they'd do 3 tacos for a buck. yum. they had great burritos and quesedillas too. you could even a burger and fries there. it was awesome. you have to experience it to understand. if you're ever in l.a., go eat there... its the bomb.
    taco time in pdx was good too, but del taco takes the cake. its good, very tasty, and cheap.
    I know theres Del Taco in Northern California too, one for sure in Sacramento area. I think I've only eaten there once or twice. I have a wierd thing for Jack in the Box tacos, I mean, there 2 for $1, and for some reason that greasy goodness is so delicious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    I know theres Del Taco in Northern California too, one for sure in Sacramento area. I think I've only eaten there once or twice. I have a wierd thing for Jack in the Box tacos, I mean, there 2 for $1, and for some reason that greasy goodness is so delicious to me.
    that's news to me. del taco is nowhere in the bay area. I really miss carls junior. hardees is not the same; its nasty.

Yea, I haven't seen one in the bay area, but I know there was one in the Sac. area, or at least was, years ago. I love Carls Jr. Waffle fries, yum!

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

I MISS ~ "WHITE CASTLE",..
    ':-(

LOVED THOSE WHEN I LIVED ( 24 yrs ) IN "the Mid West",...
    ':-]

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    Actually! There's also one around Flagstaff Az. It was my last bit of home-fast food before I headed back East.

Also, if anyone is ever out West, crack n'... I mean In and Out Burgers are a Must try.

I never really dug in-n-out. my favorite burger in l.a. was always astro burger on santa monica. that's some bomb ass shit. fatburger was across the street but fatburger is a fucking joke, doesn't even hold a candle to astro.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

I used to eat a lot of fast food.
    But not anymore.
    I'd much rather cook.
    ^.^

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

they have del taco here in Tucson, AZ too, and that's like an hour away from New Mexico and 30 minutes away from Old Mexico.

what is it with people in California hyping up fast food restaurant? everyone shits a brick over in-n-out (they have one here too, but I've eaten there in CA, and I wasn't impressed). if your food is made in a microwave and served to you in 2 minutes and costs 1 dollar, then it is going to be the same no matter whatever place you get it from.

Alliecat's Avatar Junior Member

Never!
    Eating homecooked meals or at restaurants that are much better, and not even much higher in price, I fear going back.

Some friends of mine will boil down their choices of dinner for the day between Burger King or Charles Jr. >.<;;; I gag when I realize there are people in this world that seriously only see fast food places as places they will eat.

+ Reply to Thread