+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats the best vampire movie????

Dean4's Avatar Junior Member

Default whats the best vampire movie????

im a huge vampire fan adn i think tha best vampire movie is...well kinda a tie between queen of the damned and the underworld series

wut do yall think???

Iggyisdead's Avatar boo-urns

Default Re: whats the best vampire movie????

Interview with the Vampire.

The Underworld series is pretty rocking too.

I personally hated Queen of the Damned, though the guy in it was pretty hot. If you have ever read the book you hated the movie. The book was infinitely better than the movie.

As for other vampire stuff: I love True Blood. I know it's cheesy, but I still love it. I like it when the premise is not to hunt and kill vampires simply because they are 'monsters'. I like my vampires to be complex characters with emotions. Same with werewolves, though I much prefer vampires.

I assume that you mean what is the best vampire movie besides Twilight or we'll all just answer Twilight.

Seriously, it is hard to say. I have been a vampire junky since I was a little thing.

The old hammer flicks will always have a special place in my heart as will any number of 80s vampire movies, but there seems to be two I keep coming back to.

Near Dark for being more modern vampires. They actually seemed like something to be afraid of after the other kind got a little old.

Shadow of the Vampire had the creepiest vampire I have seen. Not scary, not terrifying, just wrong and inhuman.

Oh, and I have to mention Vampire Effect for just good, clean kung fu vampire fun.

Iggyisdead's Avatar boo-urns

Oh man, how could I forget The Hunger??? It must be early.

I too am a vampire junkie and have been since I was fourteen. One could even suffice to say that watching Interview with the Vampire and my fascination with vampires in general were my 'gateway drugs' into the whole goth thing.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

The best one, I think, is Bram Stoker's Dracula. Ausgezeichnet! With Gary Oldman (highly underrated actor), Anthony Hopkins, Cary Elwes, and Winona Ryder how can you go wrong... Oh yeah they got Keanu Reeves. He is better now but he couldn't act to save his own skin back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggyisdead
    I personally hated Queen of the Damned... If you have ever read the book you hated the movie. The book was infinitely better than the movie.

Quoted For Truth ma'am! They really shouldn't have tried to combine both books like that. It really pissed me off that I did not get to see any real screen time dedicated for Khayman. *sigh* On top of that changing plot elements like who sired Lestat just filled me with Nerd Rage!

Enough of that though don't mean to send this topic elsewhere with a rant.

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

Hands down Martin

If you haven't seen this vampire movie, then you're missing one of the best interpretations of the folklore ever made.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Mathilda May is completely butt nekkid throughout the entire film:

CLICK HERE TO SEE A REAL VAMPIRE SUCK

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Jello
    The best one, I think, is Bram Stoker's Dracula. Ausgezeichnet! With Gary Oldman (highly underrated actor), Anthony Hopkins, Cary Elwes, and Winona Ryder how can you go wrong... Oh yeah they got Keanu Reeves. He is better now but he couldn't act to save his own skin back then.
    how can you mention who was in that movie and not include Tom Waits? IMO, he played the best Renfield ever!

i grew up with having some version of a dracula movie around at all times, whether it was one of the classic versions or the then recently released the francis ford copalla version. i even went so far as to study them in college in a class entitled, "the vampire in literature and film." the copalla version of bram stoker's creation remains my favourite. the cast was great, outside of keanu, especially winona ryder and sadie frost - the women in the film injected a sexiness to it that i always found lacking in earlier depictions of dracula.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

Near Dark

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    how can you mention who was in that movie and not include Tom Waits? IMO, he played the best Renfield ever!
    I know! He did! I just didn't know the actor's name as he is an actor I am unfamiliar with.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

There is one that recently came out called let the right one in.

uh.... I'm sorry but people need to understand that anne rice gave vampires the AIDS, and that "underworld" is a very very bad ripoff of a terrible 90's RPG. euro trash wearing wide lapels filmed through a blue filter does not a vampire make.

sheeeesh.

Vampire movies before the 90's might have been bad, but at least they...

..nah fuck it, anyone who likes that coppala abortion of a movie sucks ass.

Fuck you, die in agony.

(I hope Christopher Lee gives you a wedgie.)

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Nasfuratu. The original, black and white silent film. The technicolor remake in German was good too. You cannot beat the originals, everything beyond those was just trying to perfect the perfect.

Other than that, the original Dracula with the legend Bela Lougosi (sp?), who might I add was buried in the same cape he wore in the movie. Bam Stroker's Dracula was good, especially since the book was dry as fuck, even the untranslated German version. I think it took me a year to read it.

As far as stuff made in the last couple decades besides Stoker's, I would go with John Carpenter's Vampires which was pretty cool, From Dusk Til Dawn was great also.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat

That movie is amazing too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    uh.... I'm sorry but people need to understand that anne rice gave vampires the AIDS, and that "underworld" is a very very bad ripoff of a terrible 90's RPG. euro trash wearing wide lapels filmed through a blue filter does not a vampire make.

sheeeesh.

Vampire movies before the 90's might have been bad, but at least they...

..nah fuck it, anyone who likes that coppala abortion of a movie sucks ass.

Fuck you, die in agony.

(I hope Christopher Lee gives you a wedgie.)
    You rock

I was going to mention John Carpenter's Vampires too - Sheryl Lee + James Woods!? Come on - ultimate cheese right there. Awesome one liners too.

I do have to disagree about Stoker's Dracula - for the /time/ it was great. Ok Ok Ok... I know... Keanu Reeves... sigh... yea.. ok - it still worked.

Interview was also not too bad - especially compared to Queen which was just awful.

One that's a bit more on the 'artsy fartsy' side is a brilliant little ditty called Shadow of the Vampire - Amazing cast: Udo Kier, John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe... say no more.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

God, I've seen them all and sorry, but Interview With a Vampire was great!

BF....Like I said, Nosferatu, Bela Lugosi, Hammer flicks in the late 60's and 70's, all the 80's flicks like Near Dark, and even the 2000's flicks like "Thirty Days of Night" were on the whole, pretty good...But "Interview"? It kicks ass!

I saw it...IN the theater...And....It was O.K....Weren't the vamps basically like aliens, if I remember?

Just reading the thread and thought of one more worth mentioning just for shits and giggles. Anyone remember Dracula Dead and Loving it?

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Jello
    Just reading the thread and thought of one more worth mentioning just for shits and giggles. Anyone remember Dracula Dead and Loving it?
    Leslie in that one? Don't forget "Love At First Bite". The first tan Dracula ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Leslie in that one? Don't forget "Love At First Bite". The first tan Dracula ever.
    Yeah thats the one.The slaying of Lucy scene is classic I laugh just thinking about it still.

"Love at First Bite" is the one with a really young Jim Carrey right?

DPietz's Avatar Member

Shadow of the Vampire

No....It's a late 70's, early 80's flick with that George Hamilton guy (Always has a tan).

You're thinking of "Once Bitten". Actually all the comedies of vamps kind of sucked (bad pun), except for the Abbott and Costello ones.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Hey, Count Blacula was the shit!

No....It's a late 70's, early 80's flick with that George Hamilton guy (Always has a tan).

You're thinking of "Once Bitten". Actually all the comedies of vamps kind of sucked (bad pun), except for the Abbott and Costello ones.
    What, you're kidding me right?

"Fright Night" is teh awesomeness!!11111!!

And the "Fearless Vampire Killers" Pwns everything mentioned so far! Sharon Tate

I will grant that Interview is decent, but I contend that anne rice eats shit pooped straight from the ass of a diseased goat. She uber-fagifed vampires, and now we have emo. Yes. It is true.

Near Dark doesn't make me retch either.

But bram stroker's dracula just blows. It just does. I heckled it mercilessly and loudly in the theater, and people told everyone else to shut up so they could listen to me mock it.

Hammer Horror, Christopher Lee FTW! All of those movies were pretty bad in one way or another, but they were all SUPERFUKKENKOOL! compared to what's followed since.

Heck, Captian Kronos Vampire Hunter is cheesy as fuck, but it's a million times better than that keanu movie.

Both versions of Nosferatu are cool, even if Klaus Kinski looks like barney fife in that one.

But honestly, it doesn't get better than Bela Legosi in "Dracula" minus a musical sound track. It's just about perfect.

What, you're kidding me right?

"Fright Night" is teh awesomeness!!11111!!

And the "Fearless Vampire Killers" Pwns everything mentioned so far! Sharon Tate

I will grant that Interview is decent, but I contend that anne rice eats shit pooped straight from the ass of a diseased goat. She uber-fagifed vampires, and now we have emo. Yes. It is true.

Near Dark doesn't make me retch either.

But bram stroker's dracula just blows. It just does. I heckled it mercilessly and loudly in the theater, and people told everyone else to shut up so they could listen to me mock it.

Hammer Horror, Christopher Lee FTW! All of those movies were pretty bad in one way or another, but they were all SUPERFUKKENKOOL! compared to what's followed since.

Heck, Captian Kronos Vampire Hunter is cheesy as fuck, but it's a million times better than that keanu movie.

Both versions of Nosferatu are cool, even if Klaus Kinski looks like barney fife in that one.

But honestly, it doesn't get better than Bela Legosi in "Dracula" minus a musical sound track. It's just about perfect.

****BF....Like I said, Nosferatu, Bela Lugosi, Hammer flicks in the late 60's and 70's, all the 80's flicks like Near Dark, and even the 2000's flicks like "Thirty Days of Night" were on the whole, pretty good...But "Interview"? It kicks ass!***

So, do you have a problem reading or something? I SAID all those flicks were good. I just liked Interview better. You're a bigger dickhead than usual tonight, huh?

I saw it...IN the theater...And....It was O.K....Weren't the vamps basically like aliens, if I remember?
    Nekkid energy sucking vamps from space. No better kind.

****BF....Like I said, Nosferatu, Bela Lugosi, Hammer flicks in the late 60's and 70's, all the 80's flicks like Near Dark, and even the 2000's flicks like "Thirty Days of Night" were on the whole, pretty good...But "Interview"? It kicks ass!***

So, do you have a problem reading or something? I SAID all those flicks were good. I just liked Interview better. You're a bigger dickhead than usual tonight, huh?
    Oh keep your panties on Ajax.

I was responding to your comment about vamp comedies in the first part of my post, and the general thread later.

I even said that Interview wasn't a total waste of excrement, but anne rice still licks satan's leperous balls.

Quit being a bigger pussy than usual.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Lost Boys.

Oh keep your panties on Ajax.

I was responding to your comment about vamp comedies in the first part of my post, and the general thread later.

I even said that Interview wasn't a total waste of excrement, but anne rice still licks satan's leperous balls.

Quit being a bigger pussy than usual.
    Well...It is true. I do have a bigger pussy than most. I'm pretty sure Rosie O'Donnell's packed away in there. Not totally sure, but there's a strong stench of garlic coming from my vag and that would explain it.

Well...It is true. I do have a bigger pussy than most. I'm pretty sure Rosie O'Donnell's packed away in there. Not totally sure, but there's a strong stench of garlic coming from my vag and that would explain it.
    So your pussy is bigger than say... Jame Wood's intelligent hallucinogenic cancer chest pussy that he lost his 9mm in?

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    Lost Boys.
    lost boys was great. im not sure how i forgot about it.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Nekkid energy sucking vamps from space. No better kind.
    You forgot to mention: with REALLY nice tits.

So your pussy is bigger than say... Jame Wood's intelligent hallucinogenic cancer chest pussy that he lost his 9mm in?
    About the same size and just as perty.

Teh Hawt - (spank away)

"I Attest! It's Hawt!"

Seana's Avatar Junior Member

So far, Interview With The Vampire.
    Brad Pitt & Tom Cruise. Holy shit.

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

"SEANA",...
    ~ Did you Ever READ the original "HARDBOUND" copy of "Interview",..
    the MOVIE ~ Totally tore Up the story,..I HATE(ed) "CRUISE" n' "PITT",...

The original Book was SUPERBLY Constructed and Written,..
    and Very DEEP...

as For Other FILMs',...
    ANYTHING Generally between 1900 to 1994,...

"HAMMER FILMS",..
    -{ "Dracula has risen from the Grave", "the Vampire lovers", "Vampire circus",
    ....ETC',ETC',..an' So on,.....)
    "Nosferatu",..
    Lugosi~DRACULA(1931),..
    Coppela's DRACULA(1994);...
    "DEATH MASTER",...

There are So many Other Well done Films,..
    some GREAT, some GOOD,.
    some ok,..some Lousey,..

oH welL,..
    ':-]

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    Lost Boys.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, actually...That was a pretty Good Enjoyable one too,..
    but "LB II" was a HORRENDOUS STINKER!!,...
    [LOL]

"Keifer"s an' Ole Associate of Mine from "Hollywood,..
    ~ several Years ago,...

+ Reply to Thread