+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyler Perry

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Tyler Perry

His unfunny ass can eat a bucket of Kentucky Fried Dicks and then choke to death on it and I'd be just fine with that.

Default Re: Tyler Perry

I was wondering the other day how he makes any money. I have never meet one person who thinks he is funny.

They keep saying on the commercials that his godawful show is "The most popular cable sitcom of all time" but I think that's because cable networks generally don't make sitcoms.

It's like bragging that I'm the sexiest man in my apartment. Whoopty fuckin' doo when there's no competition.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Even without competition you still lose that one.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Who?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

never seen any of his stuff

I was on a Delta flight recently and they had one of his movies on there and it played like a boring soap opera. Totally dull.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

My assistant at work is black and loves his movies. I think the fascination is he's basically the only director around who makes "black" movies that are family-oriented. They're about family, not gangstas and all that shit. For a race that constantly gets portrayed in movies as hustlers, pimps, prostitutes, gangstas, crack-heads, ect., ect., I think it's good that he portrays African-Amercian people as not "dregs of society", but rather regular folks going through the trials and tribulations of life. I'm not a fan of his stuff, but I can definietly see why any average black person would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    , I think it's good that he portrays African-Amercian people as not "dregs of society", but rather regular folks going through the trials and tribulations of life. I'm not a fan of his stuff, but I can definietly see why any average black person would be.

I see your point, but if it sucks... it sucks. I'm sorry but just because he makes 'positive image' movies does not make them good. I don't like christian heavy metal either.

My assistant at work is black and loves his movies. I think the fascination is he's basically the only director around who makes "black" movies that are family-oriented. They're about family, not gangstas and all that shit. For a race that constantly gets portrayed in movies as hustlers, pimps, prostitutes, gangstas, crack-heads, ect., ect., I think it's good that he portrays African-Amercian people as not "dregs of society", but rather regular folks going through the trials and tribulations of life. I'm not a fan of his stuff, but I can definietly see why any average black person would be.
    Have you ever watched his show. I swear, every 45 seconds or so, the screen needs to just flash in big red letters, "BLACK PEOPLE ARE FUCKING CLOWNS"

Shit, even looking at the ads, the "father" character is a loud, oafish fucking minstrel character.

I honestly cant believe the ACLU and the NAACP aren't crawling up Tyler Perry's ass. Lord knows I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    His unfunny ass can eat a bucket of Kentucky Fried Dicks and then choke to death on it and I'd be just fine with that.
    You should look into speech writing career. You have a such lovely language

Haha, If I could get it, I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I see your point, but if it sucks... it sucks. I'm sorry but just because he makes 'positive image' movies does not make them good. I don't like christian heavy metal either.
    Well, I didn't say I watch it, but I see no wrong in his movies. They probably do suck, although alot of them actually get good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Have you ever watched his show. I swear, every 45 seconds or so, the screen needs to just flash in big red letters, "BLACK PEOPLE ARE FUCKING CLOWNS"

Shit, even looking at the ads, the "father" character is a loud, oafish fucking minstrel character.

I honestly cant believe the ACLU and the NAACP aren't crawling up Tyler Perry's ass. Lord knows I want to.
    I'm talking about his flicks. That's where he's made most of his money. The T.V. show is on a whole different level than the movies.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Wouldn't it have been easier to say, "he's this generation's Bill Cosby."?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Wouldn't it have been easier to say, "he's this generation's Bill Cosby."?
    If the Coz were a transvestite.

Can't believe no one's mentioned that this guy is a drag queen yet.

Sure he gets around it technically by doing his drag thing as a "character" but the guy is so obviously a gay tranny that it's kind of irritating to watch him do the "family" thing, and get so much play out of it.

Of course that's not entirely his fault, african americans are way fucked up and hypocritical about gays as a general culture. See it's okay for Tyler Perry to dress up as a woman because he's an actor, he's just 'acting'. But dude's gay. Along with Eddie "Gee I didn't know he was a tranny when I was giving this ride officer" Murphy. It's pretty much okay to kill gays in the minds of alot of black folks I know. It's something I've never quite been able to figure out.

But hell, I remember when Perry was doing his plays back in cleveland. He'd come through and have a new play or two every year, and put them on, and they were massively popular. Exact same stuff, family drama/comedy. I wasn't at all surprised when he became successful in movies, and TV. I was kind of like "Oh, yeah. That guy, the black drag queen."

Wouldn't know if he was funny or not, never seen his work.

He may dress in drag but he's no queen. Queens have WAY more style.

I honestly don't think he's funny at all. Why on earth did we need another Medea movie?

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

I'm talking about his flicks. That's where he's made most of his money. The T.V. show is on a whole different level than the movies.
    I've not seen any of his movies or the TV show either, but everyone one of the movies was a stage play long before it became a movie. And I haven't seen any of those either.

To me, Tyler Perry seemed like he started writing the Medea plays as a way to give himself an acting career. Many actors attempt to do this when they don't get cast in anything.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Haven't seen any of his movies, and I didn't even know he had his own TV show. I'm willing to watch the movies though and judge for myself, I'm pretty easily amused.

+ Reply to Thread