+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Letting Fido in the bed

Default Letting Fido in the bed

I and my girlfriend just got done talking about dogs. She says she flat out refuse to let dog in the bed with her. So it got me wonder how many others here feel the same way?

Personally I'm a dog lover (I actually love all pets) so I was thinking "yeah sure you keep saying you won't let it. But you will say yes once we actually have a dog"

I'd love to have a pack of dog and a king size bed so they all can sleep on the bed with me. That would be so nice and warm

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: Letting Fido in the bed

I have a dog, and she's absolutely not allowed to sleep on the bed. the cat is, though. I wake up with my cat sleeping next to my ass every day. she's little, and doesn't take up much space. plus, if I roll around, she rolls with it, instead of just being 50 lbs of dead weight like the dog.
    its not that I don't like the dog, I just don't like sleeping with her......... and the cat owns my heart. I raised her from a tiny kitten. she's like my kid.

Bedlamite

I don't like meh pets in bed with me. One boy is more than enough to wake me, and I'm a light sleeper, so cat-in-the -face happened to often and had me awake all day.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I wake up with my cat sleeping next to my ass every day.
    ... can't....

... resist.... obvious... joke...

/dies/

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

cat is fine, she doesnt bother me, dog is disgusting,really it's Bryans dog and I just cant stand it. Its a smelly little dog, even when hes groomed every other week. and he chews holes in my blankets/clothes/kadens underwear if he smells anything that smells remotley similar to food. So no, I hate it when the dog is in the bed. But, as I am typing this the little mutt is laying right between me and bryan passed out taking up half the bed, cause it gets away with everything.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Both my cat and dog sleep in bed with us. My dog's small though and doesn't take up much room.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    ... can't....

... resist.... obvious... joke...

/dies/
    she'd sleep on it if I was a stomach sleeper, but I'm not.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

gogs are not allowed upstairs unless asked to go and fetch someone in event my mum has fallen over and cant get up. and thier pretty good about it.

main reason thier not allowed upstars are any issues if they pick up any parasites.

Well, I can't let the cats on dogs on my bed, cause it would accumulate fur, and that would be bad for my allergies. Sleeping on fur...eek. Otherwise, my allergies are good, unless I go to a shelter...particularly cats.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    she'd sleep on it if I was a stomach sleeper, but I'm not.
    My family use to have this one cat that would sleep on my back. It was weird, but I didnt mind.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I've let some of the dogs I've had in the past sleep in the bed and some I didn't, it just depended on the dog. I had a shetland sheepdog that slept in the bed with me up until I was like 13, but at that point he was old and couldn't jump into the bed. The mastiff I had wasn't allowed, he was too damn big, My parents have a miniature dauschhund and cairn terrier that sleep in their bed though.

I use to wake up to two or three cats on my chest whenever I stayed at my friend's place, which was weird because I'm not really a cat person (well, not the animal anyway...) It sucked because I would wake up and they'd jump off and end up digging their claws into my skin, or just scratching me all sorts of up. I got sent to mental health once because when I took my shirt off to get my stomach and neck measured to find my body fat percentage I had cuts all over my front.

Oh and Voltaire, you are completely missing the joke.

Pussy? Butt? Where's the joke? In between?

Anyway, it's interesting how cats can feel the sickness and pain in their "owners". This is something I noticed trough my own experience during all this years. Whenever someone in family was injured or sick you'll see one of the cat "occupying" that area and purring loudly. To me personally it brought a relief and comfort. Other than the obvious stress removing ability they have, there is something more to it. Anyone else noticed this?

Cats = yes. Also, try not letting a cat sleep on the bed. Good luck. Hope you like the underside of your doors shredded to ribbons.

Dogs = no. It's bad enough when the cat gets stuck on cleaning itself for a 1/2 hour in bed, want a dog to do that? Fuck that - The whole bed shakes, then there's the wonderful smell of soon to be wet saliva dog plus cats clean themselves, dogs tend to end up taking it that extra.... mile....

I could say no to dogs just based on their farts in bed but our cat used to throw some bombs that would get her hurled out of the room. I swore she was laughing while in mid flight.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

My dog used to sleep at the end of the bed either draped over my legs or curled in a ball behind my legs. My old cats used to sleep under the blankets with me curled up in my stomach. The cat I have now though, is usually awake during the night, running around like a spaz and knocking shit over. Little bastard.

+ Reply to Thread