+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are your opinions on Mardi Gras?

Brigeyboo's Avatar Senior Member

Default What are your opinions on Mardi Gras?

I'm just curious to know what everyone thinks about it.

Default Re: What are your opinions on Mardi Gras?

Gotta love those "Girls Gone Wild" videos. But you can NEVER pay me enough to actually be there.

I HATE to be in crowded place with tons of people, especially if alcohol are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy
    Gotta love those "Girls Gone Wild" videos. But you can NEVER pay me enough to actually be there.

I HATE to be in crowded place with tons of people, especially if alcohol are included.
    haha yea, and thats pretty much anywhere in new orleans around mardigras. Funny thing about the girls flashing is that it's kinda illegal, and alot of people get arrested...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Brigeyboo
    haha yea, and thats pretty much anywhere in new orleans around mardigras. Funny thing about the girls flashing is that it's kinda illegal, and alot of people get arrested...hehehe
    Haha I enjoy watching people getting arrested. I often stop to watch people getting arrest.

As for flashing, I think it's not illegal unless she flash below the waist. But I could be wrong. I just remember reading about it somewhere a while ago.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

Oh man Mardi Gras. Oh, the memories.

The things to see at Mardi Gras. I remember one year when I was very young, before I knew what a crossdresser was, I was standing next to this man dressed up like Elvira and I was very very very confused.

On Mardi Gras its like one big drunken side show at the carnival, to your right, its your 80 year old grandma and my my my she has seemed to lost mos of her clothing... 3 hours ago... Oh look to your left its "nothing on but a g-string bikini 3 sizes too small guy!" What's this? Look! its Gothy McGothington the 3rd! Its only 98 degrees outisde with 90% humidity, but doesn't he look great in his black leather pants and black velvet shirt with accompanying black leather trench coat? He would look so much more ravishing if is 90 billion layers of white face paint has not been sweating down off his face onto every article of clothing he is wearing.

Oh I am missing Mardi Gras this year. Its like one big festival of sin and debauchery. Its like once a year the Devil comes to the south and everyone dances with him. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Unfortuantely in MS after Hurrican Katrina it was celebrated as hard as it has in the past.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I think its a great place to get robbed.

The hurricanes (drinks) suck. Supposed to be 100 proof - downed several of them and felt nothing but empty wallet syndrome. This was back in 93 during a stopover on the lollapalooza tour - fun voodoo toys though. Don't hang out in the graveyard. You will get shot.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

like all American excuses to drink till you puke, i think the original meaning of the "holiday" has been lost in a see of cheap beer and even cheaper plastic beads.

I have never seen anyone I know that drank till the gastrointestinal pyrotechnics went into full bloom at Mardi Gras actually give up booze for Lent.

~K

well i'm skipping mardi gras this year, I went to one parade the other night but i suppose since i don't like being around a sea of drunk people i'll just stay home :P
    plus it's way too damn cold outside to have people throw hard platic things at my head @_@

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    Don't hang out in the graveyard. You will get shot.
    Looks like I was close huh?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...IkXDAD96IBH200

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'm sorry, but I have to say what I feel: I think the south fuckin sucks and it's full of redneck assholes and I will avoid it in any way possible.

disclaimer: don't get me wrong, I heart you Voldta and any of the other members on this site from the region, that was just a general statement.

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

Mardi Gras to me is a big deal because its the day before Ash Wednesday when you have to give up something for Lent. Its the day to get everything out before the 40 days of cleansing....
    that's just how I feel about it anyways.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I was at Mardi Gras the year Katrina hit. I was also 18. It was cool swinging into all the bars on Bourbon St. but I ended up going uptown with all the locals and drinking at the F&M Patio Bar and some other place I can't remember. During the day it was better, but at night I got kind of tired of all the people and having to shoulder through crowds of idiots trying to coax chicks into flashing them.

About the beads thing, that was actually started by MTV. One of the early years of the station, they went to cover MG, and started trying to get chicks to flash them for their beads. And it doesn't happen everywhere from what I saw, just the French Quarter area. And it is still illegal, just most of the cops look the other way because of the "holiday." The most they usually do is go to the apartment or wherever and tell them to stop, and that's usually only if it causing to big of a crowd. This keps them from having to worry as much about pickpocketers and such.

Personally, I think it's cool, but it's still just a cheap attempt at Carnival. I'd much rather go to Brazil for Carnival that New Orleans for Mardi Gras. The only thing NO has the advantage with is the food.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    During the day it was better, but at night I got kind of tired of all the people and having to shoulder through crowds of idiots trying to coax chicks into flashing them.
    I'm surprise it didn't got violent. I know if I was with a female and she doesnt want to flash and people keep trying to coax them into flashing, I'd get sick of it and start to throwing some punches.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I used to want to go check it out.......................now I don't really care

+ Reply to Thread