+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: With Colours that Fly!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default With Colours that Fly!

*dances* I has a Job!

Did you know there are 87 clubs in the Portland area? Eighty-Seven. Coming from FL where I'm used to there being a maximum of 6 clubs in the entire county, hell I think there's only like 8 clubs in Orlando.

Thanks to the every loverly miss Voltaire, we narrowed it down to the top three and I passed the audition yesterday at the best of the best. (no I'm not posting my working location on the interwebz.)

The worst part of the whole shebang was waiting for the guy in charge to show up. When he finally did though, things could not of gone better. They could have gone differently and still gone well, but things went really well. Even considering that the audition stage had no pole (?!?!?!) I still managed to pass the audition. It's about effing time!

Here's hoping that by this time next month I'll have gotten my hot little hangs on a light kit and I can take some more pictures, good ones this time.

~K

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: With Colours that Fly!

yay, congrats! if i was anywhere near oregon, i would definately tip you gratuitously.

Congratulations!

Having money is teh awesomeness.

Hope everything goes really well for you.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

congratulations, I knew you'd kill it. when do you start?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

that just means your stalkers have to put forth the extra effort to go to all 87 clubs. where there's a will, there's a way, I always say.

EXOTICA INTERNATIONAL a Gentlemens Club

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    EXOTICA INTERNATIONAL a Gentlemens Club
    dude, she said she works at a GOOD club, lol.

My carefully made plot to google Portlands top strip bars and pick the one with the highest rating in an attempt to freak her out has failed.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Congratulations lady!

thanks for your sharing.
    it's woderful work.
    now i sharing my best thing to you.
    I recommend my best handbags

haha! keiko got a bot! I'm stangely kinda jealous, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jrrobertdr
    thanks for your sharing.
    it's woderful work.
    now i sharing my best thing to you.
    I recommend my best handbags
    I am sure you mean "handjobs".

I'm glad for you

Now do the smart thing and only save save save and invest in smart things.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    congratulations, I knew you'd kill it. when do you start?
    I'm guessing next week. Management hasn't gotten back to me yet but I can only assume they do their scheduling on sundays.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I'm guessing next week. Management hasn't gotten back to me yet but I can only assume they do their scheduling on sundays.

~K
    portland clubs are wierd. call the club and find out. some book fri some sun, and some a week in advance.

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    I'm glad for you

Don't listen to mr Boring. You should live now, not preserve yourself for a hypothetical future.

Don't listen to him. you should preserve yourself, preferably in carbonite.

The STUFF!

Ghehe.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    I'm glad for you

Right now it is ALL going in the bank. I'm lucky that my current living situation isn't asking me for rent money atm as Dave and I are moving at the end of next month. So it's save save save until we move and then I need to buy a real bed.

~K

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    So it's save save save until we move and then I need to buy a real bed.
    And then we test that bed for stress factors until it collapses within the first week, then get a NEW new bed with the return money...

... and the cycle continues.

~Aza

Here's hoping they actually do call me back. I messaged them earlier today and got nothing. If it turns out that the whole thing was a waste of my time I'll be mad, but I also know there are other clubs in town, and they're all hiring.

~K

I guess I need to move to Portland, cuz apparently people have monnneeey.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I guess I need to move to Portland, cuz apparently people have monnneeey.
    I've been meeting all the wrong people then. I'll have to find these 'moneyed' folk.

Okay so apparently someone somewhere decided that it would be funny to tell this chick to come in on Monday at 4 pm for an audition. She shows up on time, changes in the dressing room at the behest of the DJ and then sits for an hour or so at the back bar watching the girls rotate 4 or 5 times on the two stages with poles and studying the crowd. Finally the manager shows up, hands the girl a clip board with a standard dancer employment sheet on top. She fills it out in her best printing and then she is asked to go up on the third stage, the one with out a pole, for three songs for her audition. The three songs played are lame, rhythm-less and with almost no melody. The empty rack around her stage fills up quickly, the customers are intrigued by the new blood who is actually wearing a coordinated outfit with matching heels, rather than looking like the rest of the girls who apparently have lost most of the matching pieces to their bathing suits and are just wearing bras with the bottoms and clear heels. Inside said three song set, the new girl gets nekkid and makes polite conversation with the guys who flock to her stage and tip her generously.

After her set, she puts her outfit back on and walks up to the manager who proceeds to call her cell phone so that she has his number. He then tells her to text her sched availability to his phone and that he'll be in touch. They shake hands and the girl goes and puts her street clothes back on, leaving the bar with $25 in her pocket. As she steps out side she alternately texts the manager with her availability and her friend who recommended the bar to her, light hearted at apparently passing the audition and finally having a job to look forward to.

Wednesday rolls around and the girl hasn't heard from the club manager yet. She calls him, getting his voice mail, she leaves a brief message to call her back at his earliest convenience. He doesn't call.

Thursday. She texts him, asking if she is starting next week. He doesn't respond.

Sunday she calls him and leaves a lengthy, precise, polite and professional message on his voice mail asking all the questions that have built up in her head in the last week. Am I actually hired at your club? Should I leave my schedule open for this week so I can come in for whatever shifts you want to scheduled me for? Please get back in touch, she asks, leaving her phone number and her email address.

Do they think it's funny to dangle job opportunities in front of girls in need of cash flow? Do they think it's professional to tease people? Do they even think it's smart to piss off the potentially hazardous and crazy strippers after giving the girl their phone number?

You know what I have to say? They haven't earned my loyalty, they haven't earned the privilege of having me grace their stages. They certainly haven't had the common courtesy of being remotely professional. I don't even know why I bother.

Every single time something looks like it's going well, like things are actually starting to pick up, the whole fucking thing falls through. I'm half tempted to give up on everything cause it doesn't seem to matter how much effort I put in, how much I toil and sweat, dig and bust my ass, it never ever fucking goes anywhere.

~K

~K

that really is shitty. well look on the bright side, at least you got 20 bucks out of it.

there's 86 clubs in portland baby, scrape off the shitty people and try out the other two in the top three. I'm totally rooting for you.
    go keiko!

if my phone would post the cheerleader icon, I would.

there ya go, compliments of Voltaire.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

that's too bad...........but with that many clubs to check out I'm sure you'll do alright

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory

there ya go, compliments of Voltaire.
    thank you sir.

I got a text message from the manager today, a week after the original audition.

"hey I jus had 3 grlz com bak from out of town. so im not gona hav any shift"

Just fabu.

I'm calling other clubs tomorrow to see if at least one will call me back within a reasonable hour and not just jerk my chain to see if I'll do a trick.

~K

I still call Bullshit. They wouldn't have been advertising on CraigsList again this week if they didn't have any shifts to fill. There's GOT to be someone more professional in the Portland area.

They're on my Strip Club Shit-List now, right along with "Blush." (Then again, as I only attend strip clubs on your arm, that might not mean that much to them.)

companies advertise for job listings on criagslist? I dunno, that just doesn't sound very professional to me. I thought that was for people that just wanted anonymous sex.

I'm not all that keen on dealing with "booking agencies" in the first place.Especially if they ignore the dancers who do reply to their ads for more than a week before letting them know there's no place for them at the bar they book for. If you di get the job, apparently there are bars which charge an "agency fee" in addition to stage fees etc.

Which brings me to another point. I lived in FL and danced in a bar that had more than 60 girls on staff. The girls made their own schedules and as long as they showed up before ten pm and stayed for the full four hours (emergency excepting) they didn't care when you were there, when you weren't. Hell you could disappear for a year or more and walk back in the next week with your gig bag and go to work. You might have to fill out a new work sheet (the one that says i'm over 18, if i'm under 21 i won't drink in the bar, and I'll leave my drugs and weapons at home), but you would be back on stage as soon as you were dressed. You only had to work more than four hours if you chose to, and you only had to pay the fee that applied to the time you hit the floor ready to work. None of this Day shift and Night shift fee crap. you could get there at noon on a Sunday, pay the $12 shift fee and stay there till close if you wanted to, make nearly a grand and not have to pay the bar any other money at all.

These bars in PDX have maybe a dozen + girls each (you can check the dancers schedules on the club's websites). Why do you need an agency to schedule a dozen people? If you can't handle the schedule for the 15-20 girls you have dancing in your bar, you don't deserve to try and run a strip club.

~K

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Well that sucks big donkey dick! Sorry to hear that K. I'm sure you'll find something better though.

that doesn't sound like any way to run a business, with people just being able to come and go as they wish. I would imagine that those places, just on the way that they run in general are already skating on a thin ice when it comes to the IRS, because everyone knows that no one in a tipping position declares their tips as earnings, and so they have to fudge the amount that they write down that you actually made in their accounting.

I hate to say it because I hate the corporate sector... but I don't think that I could handle being involved in an enterprise that was so lacking in structured management.

that's just frustrating, you should not have to never know what the fuck is going on when you are getting a job or going to work. it's kind of nice to say here is exactly what is going to happen, and it's in writing.

yeah, I'm venting. I actually do work at a corporate job, and it's just as bad. It was a month between when I sent in my application until I actually started working. sent it in. don't hear anything. a week later, schedule an interview. don't hear anything. a week later, second interview. don't hear anything. a week later, come in and fill out paper work. don't hear anything. two weeks later, get a work schedule.

so I feel your pain there.

like I said, i can't stand it when business jerk you around and don't just straight up tell you what the deal is.

Actually we're independent contractors with clients that attend the bar. We don't make an hourly, we don't get a lunch break, no medical, no dental, no overtime. There was an "uprising" in FL a few years back when the career girls tried to get a union going. It was shot down in court after a long, expensive and grizzly battle. I don't know about here in PDX but with being put on schedules and having the amount of time we can/have to work metered out for us, I wonder what the status on such a thing is here.

I never said that, you didn't hear it, in fact neither of us were here.

~K

I have two auditions tomorrow. someone light a candle would ya?

~K

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i will. good luck keiko,deary!

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Good luck.

Next time Hempknight and I are in Portland I will buy you a drink. Or four.

+ Reply to Thread