+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When using a cell phone, do you prefer texting or speaking or just checking email?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default When using a cell phone, do you prefer texting or speaking or just checking email?

When using a cell phone, do you prefer texting or speaking or just checking email?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: When using a cell phone, do you prefer texting or speaking or just checking email?

I'm a text monster. thank god I have an unlimited plan.

Default Re: When using a cell phone, do you prefer texting or speaking or just checking email?

Speaking. Texting only if someone is in meeting or otherwise busy.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

it's a phone for crissakes, call and talk to me voice to voice.

I wish i had unlimited txts but i don't. i have a two (three?) year old verizon phone, the free one that came with the plan, it won't even vibrate and ring at the same time. but my ex is paying for it, so what do I care?

~K

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I do it on the phone and even then I don't like to. I like a face to face convo.

Verizon sounds like some sort of medicine

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I text quite a bit, but I still prefer to talk. I usually only text when I'm doing something where I can't talk (like talking on a radio or in some kind of class) or if it's some info I want them to be able to reference, like directions or something. I've still got the Razor for Verizon that came with the plan and I still got a 50 dollar rebate for.

Default Re: When using a cell phone, do you prefer texting or speaking or just checking email

I prefer to use a brick when smashing a cell phone, preferably a paving stone.

Ball peen hammer is nice too.

You also get cool sparks with grinders. And if you've got someone on the line and they're recording it, it makes some really sweet sound effects.

Razor? Is that the one with supercoolawesome battery time?

Uh, last time I used it the battery lasted maybe a whole day.

I know... worst battery ever. Not including iPaq's and iPhones....

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I only use the phone for talking

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

im a texting diva. i have unlimited texting through verizon tho so its ok

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i prefer to talk if im on the phone. if i wanna send messages to my bff and others i'll just message em on m-space or my instant messengers or buddypoke.

Bedlamite

Texting/Emailing. I have a huge issue with talking on the phone.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

I get emails pushed to a bumberry work supplies and while I don't "enjoy" them it means that I can start dealing with things at a normal office time, say 9am, before I even get out of bed. I am shocking in the morning and the shit of dealing with things as soon as I wake up is less evil than having to get up and be at work at that time instead.

Texting is fiddly and annoying but it is nigh impossible to carry on a social life without doing it so what you going to do?

The same goes for cell phones in general... try meeting chiks and establishing communication without one... very difficult these days. I don't like talking on the phone particularly but the alternative is... well... nothing. I don't like the things as I'm always feeling for it to make sure I haven't lost it and that's highly annoying and personally intrusive. I've lost plenty plus I used to work for a phone company and that's enough to turn you off them for life.

I've mentioned before that other people can commonly get angry if you don't carry a phone or answer it on demand. Some days I deliberately or accidentally leave phone at home and people come down on you like you've injured them or committed felony ignoring. Just last Sunday someone was calling & texting relentlessly and I just didn't feel up to talking. The messages got angrier and angrier like I was a moral villian. On Monday I found it was easier to lie and tell them I left it somewhere and that smoothed it over. Actually there is no obligation to carry or answer the things. That's what voicemail is for but some folk aren't down with that.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I don't use the phone much in the first place, unless its family, then of course I actually talk to them. I only text my friends who perfer that over talking.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I've been through my phone's log thingy, and in the last 6 months I have sent a total of seven texts. Frankly, I'm rather worried; that means one month I felt the need to overdo it.

My phone is basically my laptop in a smaller box. I push all my landlines to it, and then I can run the office (or type at you wonderful people) from the middle of nowhere. I'll talk on it, but the sound of cows in the background somewhat cracks the illusion that I'm working hard. I agree with helcyon though - it's not right everyone should be "expected" to have a cell turned on 24/7. That's where a PA comes in handy - if I don't answer, it bounces to her and one of the carefully-rehearsed lies about why I can't get out of a meeting/bath/marriage.

I text a lot, because I don't really enjoy talking on the phone, and it's an easy way to coordinate with friends who might not check email as often as I do.

Most of my cell phone conversations (except for work) are under a minute in length. Asynchronous communication is what I prefer.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    I text a lot, because I don't really enjoy talking on the phone, and it's an easy way to coordinate with friends who might not check email as often as I do.

Most of my cell phone conversations (except for work) are under a minute in length. Asynchronous communication is what I prefer.

I only like to text you, but my cell phone likes to ring you. You've probably noticed I learned the lock feature on my Blackberry.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Talking (if its somebody i know, or made plans to talk to them at a specific time)

or E-mail because im a fucking internet nerd.I will be more incline to email you back than pick up my phone or text.

Sometimes talking on the phone gives me anxiety.
    Most of the time when people call me they are like "Hey whats up----" and thats it and hearing someone breathe on the other line is super creepy.

idk. XD

I HATE TEXT!!!!

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I can really only afford to text on my cell phone.
    I don't spend much time talking on the phone anyway. It's usually just a quick chat to make plans, that's it

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

text, unless it's my bf and things need to be immediatly answered or asked or whatever

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Contrary to intuition, texting breeds sociopathy.

+ Reply to Thread