+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you wear eyeshadow?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you wear eyeshadow?

Do you wear eyeshadow? If not, do you wear other eyemakeup? What colors, styles, and brands do you like for eye makeup?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Do you wear eyeshadow?

I like Nars!

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Make up whore right here.

I am right this second wearing a beautiful shade of copper I got at the body shop. My other favorites are Manic Panic shadows. I have super oily skin and they last for freaking ever. I have one shade of bright red that I love and one purple. Might post a pic of me in the red if I can find it.

I also really like this quad of shades of purple from Covergirl. I used to have some Prince Borgesi (sp?) loose powdered shadows that were great. For work usually I don't do anything more elaborate than my black liquid liner. But for going out I love shadows. Particularly bright colors because my eyes are so dark.

Mother Superior

I love wearing make-up. I use eyeshadow quite often. The brands I use are Christian Dior, Chanel and Shiseido. There are a lot of beautiful eyeshadows out now just in time for Fall.

Some of My friends used to like to put lipstick on Me, and also Eyeshadow.
    I dont know if I would wear that though, but I might, on certain occasions.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Jane is my colours of choice with NYX a close second. When I do wear make-up It's the whole she-bang : Fat black liquid lines and bright either black and purple or black and silver. The black is the Maybeline I've had for years. It's the only brand that doesn't soak into my skin. I'm so pale most make up either soaks in or brushes off really easy so I really have to try to look good. Manic Panic is great for cirtian things but it doens't really last on my face, doesn't like me I guess.
    K

i don't do makeup... but once I had black nails... there was an mosaic nail lack if anyone remember, bad that they don't do these anymore

I don't wear eyeshadow but sometimes eyeliner and occationally lipstick. My best friend has long red hair and wears stunning red eye shadow, almost like a geisha. It looks amazing.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I usually wear the black NYC eyeliner... I'm cheap and so is NYC ^.^

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

I have not worn eyeshadow in about 10 years. I guess I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to "putting on my face" (just the four necessities: eyeliner, foundation, powder, and lipstick). I love Shiseido lipsticks, because the colours go on smoothly and evenly. I do not like the foundations/powders with fragrances on them, so I use Almay...Jane brand eyeliners are great!!!

Most of the time I won't wear any makeup except lipstick. I have a big thing for red lipstick. If I do anything more then I'll wear eyeshadow. I have this cream shadow that I use. It's a dark brown and then I'll put a shimmery cream color with it. I love the way it looks on me.

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

i've never worn eyeliner cept for the other day for a video shoot and it actually looked scarily good

I love eyeshadow!!! I usually use Stargazer shadows....the sparkly type!! Don't know why but I am a sparkle type of girl!!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I occasionally use black eyeliner dont know what brand I just use whatevers laying around

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

i'm a makeup person. i overdo it. I know I wear too much but I just can't help myself.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by GasmaskGirl
    i'm a makeup person. i overdo it. I know I wear too much but I just can't help myself.
    hehe... can't overdo makeup... or atleast thats how i see it

Bloodcountess's Avatar Member

I love Dior foundations, but it is too fucking expensive, so I have to do it with cheap stuff.
    I always use very pale foundation, covered with white powder, red lipstick with eyeliner lines around my lips. On my eyes: Yes, eyeshadow, black, or sometimes red lipstick (that is really weird, love it). Mascara, eyeliner. And I use blusher powder , too.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i own soooo much make-up even though i hardly use any! but still everyday, if i'm at college its my usual routine of mascara, black eyeshadow and black eyeliner...seldom little else 'cept vaseline on my lips, OH! and i have to darken my eyebrows but such is the upkeep if you're going to dye your hair way darker than your natural eyebrow colour! lol!

Bloodcountess's Avatar Member

yes i forgot, I darken my eyebrows too

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

i get mine professionally done (tinted and waxed)
    It doesn't really cost that much, and it looks really good.
    Especially since my eyebrows are totally blonde and you can't even see them if I don't get them tinted.

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

day to day I am a grubby little metal-head (sans-make-up or any hygiene whatsoever) but when I go dance or do shoots, oh my God, I cake it one!!! When it calls for make-up I go all the way....dark eye-shadow up to the brows, fake lashes, blood red lips, even hair extentions....oh yeah baby!!! It's all about the show!

I wear a fair amount of make-up... but my eye stuff is generally black eyeliner (pencil), or blue eyeliner (liquid) on the bottom half of my eye. Sometimes, if using the pencil, I do the top bit too. Then eyeshadow, typically UV-B by Urban Decay, or purple, dark red, or gold-orangey. Then mascara. The brand doesn't really matter too much, as long as it's good quality.

Lip stuff: Red, and then a little bit of black around the edges, and then a little silver to lighten it in the middle. This is, of course, blotted (A LOT) and then covered in a pretty, not too shiny lip gloss.

It takes me WAY too long to get ready for school.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    I don't wear eyeshadow but sometimes eyeliner and occationally lipstick. My best friend has long red hair and wears stunning red eye shadow, almost like a geisha. It looks amazing.
    so who's this -N.? Another secret playmate..do tell- P

I never tried eyeshadow yet, but I love black eyeliner. The only other thing that I wear is a translucent powder because sunblock makes me look greasy. And for special occasions, lipstick.

I do a lot of black, white, and grey. Some of my favourites (although I haven't been shopping for make-up in years, and half of this is probably not available any more): Revlon shimmer "Frosty White", Maybelline cool effect "Cold As Ice" (this is a liquid eyeshadow), Cover Girl "Charcoal Frost", Prestige "Ebony", and for eyeliner CG Smoothers "Black Velvet", which is really more like an eyeshadow in a pencil, and the absolute best eyeliner ever (and I've tried them all) CG Perfect Blend in "Basic Black". I've found that using eyeshadow instead of brow liner is a lot better-looking, and I use eyeshadow in the area under my eyes in lieu of any foundation -- I use Cover Girl "Terra Cotta", which has about the same effect as Lestat in Queen of the Damned, if you liked his make-up in that. Although I did it first!
    Wow, I feel suddenly really girly.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Foundation is my friend. I use a lipstick called "Cappocino" which is a very coffee-like red as the name would suggest, black eyeliner and occasionally I might even do my nails. I have yet to experiment with eyeshadow, mainly because I'm looking to adopt a style that would fit with a complexion like mine. I have a very fair skin.

MAC makes some really good eyeshadows in lots of different colors.i usually use black of course

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

I seemed to have stopped wearing eyeshadow and foundation recently but I do wear mascara and eyeliner and if im going out I like to occasionally wear a dark red lipstick

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    I usually wear the black NYC eyeliner... I'm cheap and so is NYC ^.^
    I just bought that black NYC eyeliner, for $1.99, and it is really good, and has a nice brush, easy to apply.

I worship eyeshadow. Most of the time I just wear eyeshadow because it doesn't irritate my eyes. But when I do a photo shoot or go onstage or go to a club, then I do the whole thing, depending on what I am wearing, etc.

The last photo shoot I did I bought all the makeup to match the satin sheets, it was all GOLD, everything was gold, and it looked REALLY good, really professional. For Halloween, I think I will go with the black and plum, can't go wrong, black fingernails too! I have long acrylics, so that will be good for stage.

I love makeup. It's all over my fucking house. I wear whatever I am in the mood for. Blue, white, green, black red, yellow. I just bought some red eyeshadow on ebay. Brand: Kryolan. Now that is some good shit. As far as the other brands, some Maybeline, Prestige, & Wet N Wild. Sometimes the good shit is cheap! Also a must is LIQUID eyeliner. Always the perfect thing.

+ Reply to Thread