+ Reply to Thread

Thread: are you zombied out?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default are you zombied out?

do you think the zombie genre of films has grown too stagnant with the same premise and that there's too much zombie stuff out there now with toys, books, videogames and comics?

or do you think there's always room for one more?

personally, i've grown up watching zombie horror and have been a huge fan of it even when there wasnt alot of zombie stuff being put out there. but after getting into a debate with a neo fanboy over my opinion of the zsg being a nice piece of fiction and nothing more, even i have gotten tired of it.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: are you zombied out?

I think the more zombie shit that comes out, the better of a chance that some of it will be really worthwhile. Churn out enough shit and soon enough you'll find a diamond. I'm a big zombie fan too and I know what you mean by EVERYTHING being zombied up these days, but you just need to brush away the shit zombie stuff and keep your radar out for some quality movies or games. For every good zombie game or movie, there's like 20 shitty produced ones. I'd rather have 1 good and 20 shitty though, than just 5 shitty ones and no good ones. Know what I mean?

Zombies are a TON of fun.

Zombies can even dance with a pretty lady.

Sadly, Zombies are dated now. Fido (above) was really it for the whole Zombie scene. We had Sean of Dead (brilliant) and then Fido (Family Fun) and really after that, it became... well... done.

At the gaming center I owned, there were a lot of Zombie jokes going on but really in 2008 it went stale fast... I'm sure they will return in full force by 2020.

I think what it is is nobody has really updated teh storyline. fido was different as in it wasnt about a zombie survival storyline. shaun of the dead was great because it was hillarious

i thnk the last z-flick i thoroughly enjoyed was romeros diray of the dead personally and the reason i really love dit was it took the concept of a zombie survival movie and it modernised it through cell phone cameras, internet accessability and youtube references. showing how dependent we as a society ahve become upon sharing inofrmation over the internet and how we ar epretty much wired 24-7 even in a zombie apocolypse which i think was something alot of films were missing for a while there.

plus it showed romero going back to his indy roots to make it rather than the standard fodder film land of the dead that he made before it.

I think zombie films can eb resurected if they'd come up with something new in the genre besides the following:
    "eek! ugly smelly zombies are coming after us in a big group!"
    "let's go hide in that (insert location here) and wait it out!"
    -few hours of sex/arguing and moronic debates pass-
    "ohno! some of them got in!"
    "we're screwed!"
    -big fight out trying to escape-
    "phew i made it!"
    "so did I!"
    -zombie jumps out from around corner-
    "nom nom nom"
    end.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

I mean, there's zombie burlesque for catssake, let's move on, people.

zombie burlesque? sounds interesting. i'd hate to be in the crowd when they do the can can though

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Diary of the Dead was the shit! Same with Sean of the Dead, and because I am a fan of shitty B-movies and tits, I even enjoyed Zombie Strippers. I think the start of the decline was when they started making Resident Evil movies, even though they're alright, you know, if you completely ignore the fact that they're not remotely based off the video games. And then there was House of the Dead. It made me want to kill myself, come back as a zombie, and kill Boll.

Even the zombie games have died out in quality. RE has become on over the shoulder shooter instead of survival horror. I still play Zombies Ate my Neighbors though!

is left for dead any good?

It's alright, probably a lot better if you're on multiplayer, but the waves come in so fast that it's hard to be accurate, especially since the controls aren't that great. Just my opinion of course. I'm sticking with Fallout 3 for now, and still occassionally picking up ES4: Oblivion.

nifty. I dont have a game system rgiht now so i've just been playing the free online shit. boxhead zombie wars is my favorite but it gets old after about level 98.

You get enjoyable zombie movies and tedious zombie movies. I don't really think that says much about the future of the genre as a whole; the thing about new ideas is that they're not here yet, so how would I know whether people are going to come up with them?

I rather like zombie movies, though. I think they should do more where the zombies remain actual (and not just comical) characters, doing their own thing at least semi-intelligently but from the emotional framework of a zombie. Also, they should dress up cool, something punky.

Great, I see it now, a multiple fatality mosh pit creates punk zombies that want to eat brains while they skate mindlessly into the pipe...

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

i thought i was then i saw the gay zombie youtube vid

woah. wait a minute here!.........there's a gay zombie movie????
    wow. yaknow in all the zombie movies i have seen you never see a gay,drag or lesbian zombie in any of them.

hare krishna zombies, clown zombies, paramdeic and redneck zombies by the bushel but I have never seen one with a gay zombie drag zombie or lesbian zombie.

was it from that show they had on the gay mtv channel? cus i heard about that one and it sounded kinda lame.

+ Reply to Thread