+ Reply to Thread

Thread: God Damnit!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default God Damnit!

If money wasn't hard enough to come by, it's now evaporating into thin air!

I deposited Saturday's shoot check in the bank, taking out $60 in cash. Three $20 bills. Taking them from the teller, I put all three in my out sized wallet, zipped it up, put it in my purse and zipped that shut.

I left the bank, walked across the narrow street, went into the grocery store. 15 minutes later I went through self check out. I put two $20 bills into the cash eater to cover my $33.21 total. Dave took the $5 bill, the $1 bill, three quarters and a penny from the change dispenser. I put these bills next to my other $20, still snug in my wallet. Zipped closed the wallet, put it in my purse and zipped that shut. I left the store, got in the car and came straight home.

I got home, set down my purse and jacket in the breakfast nook. Made sandwiches with the goodies I purchased. Before I finished with the sandwich preparation, it was brought to my attention that my room mate was headed back up to the store for the milk he forgot. I pulled the $5 from my wallet and handed it to him so that he could grab for me a 2 litre of Dr Pepper. The $20 and the $1 are still in the wallet. I finished my sandwiches, checked my email, etc. Thirty minutes pass.

I remember that I owe my room mate $20, and promise to hand it to him when he gets back from the store. As he leaves, I look in my wallet for the $20 bill I was hoping pay my debt with. It's not there. The $5 for the soda is already in my room mate's wallet, the $1 bill present in my wallet, the space where the $20 should be is inexplicably empty. It's just not there. It's just GONE! Dave doesn't have it. Timmy wouldn't have taken it, he was waiting for me to give it to him. His brother wouldn't have taken it, and neither would his mother, the only other people in the house. It's just not there.

I'm so frustrated right now, I can't think straight. Money just vanishing is the absolute last thing I need right now. I need money to evaporate like I need another hole in the head. What I could really use is some steady money APPEARING.

Sorry this rant kinda got away with me. What I was going to pose as a question is, any body else having mysterious money issues lately?

~K

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: God Damnit!

Reminds me of an old Twilight Zone where mysterious workers had to refabricate the seen world for every minute and they would occasionally fuck up and misplace things that would later appear again exactly where you know you already looked.

Hope it turns up for you though.

Sorry to hear that

Hang out there girl!

Are you 100% sure you put it in the valet and zip it close? Was it in your sight all the time? Damn... I don't want to put any thoughts in your head but if you're 100% sure you had it then it's obvious.

Tell him the story, actually, tell all of them the story at the same time...

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

dude, that sux. sorry girl, I hope it turns up.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I wanted to get something from the vending machine, and the letter underneath it said "HH", so I pressed the "H" button twice. It gave me something else. It turns out that there is an "HH" button. I din't know that, I am not familiar with "HH". I didn't learn my AABBCC's, God God damnit damnit.

The thing that frustrates the hell out of me is that I KNOW no one in this house, none of the friends who occasionally crash here, none of the full time residents, would ever put anyone else in the house in this kind of panic. They all know they can ask and 90% of the time we share and share alike. Unless the CAT managed to steal it I have no fucking clue where it went. If it dropped while I was at check out, plausible, it became a loose $20 bill. Anyone in the grocery store could have picked it up, pocketed it and quite frankly I don't blame them. But you can't exactly put in at lost and found for a $20, so where ever it is I hope it's doing some good, and I really hope that it comes back to me karmicly. That's all I can do right now. It makes me feel helpless and well, broke mostly, that there's nothing else I can do about it. I hate only being able to shrug and say "oh well", but that's really all I can do about this.

~K

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

my thoughts are that perhaps it got stuck t one of the other bills. even still, it should have turned up as an extra bill. i'd worry that i gave it to someone by mistake. and kindly ask everyone that i had given money to recently to doublecheck.

Just don't stress over it... it's not worth it.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

damn that sux,keiko. but yeah, what olix said, don't stress too much over it.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Hrmm....disappearing money eh....? Happens to me a lot but it's usually because I've spent it and forgot I spent it. But I guess that won't be happening much anymore because I HAVE NO MONEY! Whooo...yay me!
    Oh!, you should go through all your pockets in all your clothes, especially stuff you haven't worn in a long time. There's bound to be money in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    my thoughts are that perhaps it got stuck t one of the other bills. even still, it should have turned up as an extra bill. i'd worry that i gave it to someone by mistake. and kindly ask everyone that i had given money to recently to doublecheck.

second thing I did. sorry to spew so much *grr* all over the boards but it was something I needed to get off my chest.

~K

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yep, I hate it when that happens

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Unless the CAT managed to steal it I have no fucking clue where it went. ~K
    Maybe it did. Cats are smart little bastards, One of mine stole my mums jumper when he was a kitten and no-ones seen it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Maybe it did. Cats are smart little bastards, One of mine stole my mums jumper when he was a kitten and no-ones seen it since.

And Mona, the little fluffy Ultharian, is just the kind of cat that would unzip two zippers and steal a $20 just because she can. I caught her walking around IN THE CEILING yesterday. The basement ceiling with all the pipes and such, but the Ceiling!!

~K

ceiling cat?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    ceiling cat?

Yes. Ceiling cat.

~K

lol maybe he needed the money to put in a skylight?

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Hope you're feline better mau.

+ Reply to Thread