+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what is the worst videogame movie in your opinion?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default what is the worst videogame movie in your opinion?

boy oh boy, there are a lot to choose from too.

super mario brothers, double dragon, mortal kombat2, bloodrayne, house of the dead, street fighter, legend of chun li, doom.....

what do you think is the worst videogame movie though?

Default Re: what is the worst videogame movie in your opinion?

There is no other horrific abortion of a video game other than E.T. back in the 80's. It was hands down the biggest pile of crap ever made and released. The story of it is staggering. Google ftw or watch the VH-1 special if it ever comes by again.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

house of he dead is probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Blood Rayne is definitely up there, though the original Street Fighter movie couldn't even be saved by Raul Julia, so that's super epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    Blood Rayne is definitely up there, though the original Street Fighter movie couldn't even be saved by Raul Julia, so that's super epic fail.
    it might have been worth watching if kylie minogue had actually worn the video game cammy costume instead of that lame blue soldier uniform

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

video game movie that stinks hmm

i think it would be better to pick the ones that are ok cause the default is bad the exception it good like max payne or resident evil,tomb raider,silent hill

i guess if i had to pick one it would be wing commander then that cgi final fantasy movie oh wait i forgot you you said double dragon that might be the worst

some think that pokemons is a video game movie but since it is a toy, a card game, a comic, a cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    i guess if i had to pick one it would be wing commander then that cgi final fantasy movie oh wait i forgot you you said double dragon that might be the worst
    Are you talking about advent children? If so, I'm curious why you think it's the worst, as I, to this day, believe it to be one the best. Great continuing storyline from the game, characters fit perfectly and it was every fanboy and fangirl's wetdream

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Any of them done by Uwi Boll of course. Other than that, it depends on the criteria. As a movie, Resident Evil is decent, as a videogame adaptation it's total shit.

I just watched Max Payne for the first time today, and it's pretty good, even followed semi-close to the storyline from what I remember. Hitman is pretty good too as well as Tomb Raider.

Not strictly a video game, but Dungeons and Dragons stands as the worst movie I've ever seen. Not just worst movie adaptation of a game; worst movie, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    house of he dead is probably the worst movie I've ever seen.
    House of the Dead is an entertaining kind of bad, though. Blowing up every environment you exit becomes funnier again after the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Not strictly a video game, but Dungeons and Dragons stands as the worst movie I've ever seen. Not just worst movie adaptation of a game; worst movie, period.
    The first one wasn't that bad. You just have to be an uber geek to get a lot of the references. The second one, that was made for sci-fi, literally made me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spork.... But, tbh, you must not have seen any Uwe Boll if you think that's the worst movie ever LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza

House of the Dead is an entertaining kind of bad, though. Blowing up every environment you exit becomes funnier again after the third time.
    ohmygodess i forgot all about dnd. that was terrible! although not really a videogame movie. more of a table top game movie.

sigh....i miss tabletops. i actually tryed to talk with a so called "rpg-nerd" at the sword shop once and said the words tabletop and larp and he looked at me like i was talking in greek.

The first one wasn't that bad. You just have to be an uber geek to get a lot of the references. The second one, that was made for sci-fi, literally made me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spork.... But, tbh, you must not have seen any Uwe Boll if you think that's the worst movie ever LOL.
    I'll grant that I didn't really get into DnD until 3.0, so I suppose I might've missed some things. It was still the most horrible set of rushed and dumbed down archetype events and characters ever, though.

And I don't think I've ever seen any Uwe Boll. Frankly, the only thing I ever hear the name associated with is 'really bad movies', so I haven't been in a hurry to find out more.

it took me a minute because of all the signs but this is all ya need to know about uew boll:

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

If you're going to bring DnD into it, then I'm throwing Clue up to the best table-top game movie adaptation ever. Tim Curry rules!

yes. yes he does. did you see all the ending versions to it? they made a different ending for each character.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

The better question is there a video game movie that didn't suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    The better question is there a video game movie that didn't suck?
    FFVII: Advent Children
    Tomb Raider wasn't terrible.

That's about all that's jumping to my head

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Are you talking about advent children? If so, I'm curious why you think it's the worst, as I, to this day, believe it to be one the best. Great continuing storyline from the game, characters fit perfectly and it was every fanboy and fangirl's wetdream
    I think it was Final Fantasy: the spirits within, which wasn't based on any actual final fantasy game. Although I thought it was pretty good for what it was, a sci-fi non-kid CG animated movie. I can't really think of any others before or since that one, so that gives it something in my book.

I liked spirits within. it was good for a cgi movie although yeah it really had nothing to do with the games. i didnt get advent children cus i never played the game but ti was okay. i loved the part where the president's men were talking smack to kadaj's brothers about "mother" and they got all pissed off.

oh and the part where his cellphone does the victory song and he has this annoyed look on his face. that was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    I liked spirits within. it was good for a cgi movie although yeah it really had nothing to do with the games. i didnt get advent children cus i never played the game but ti was okay. i loved the part where the president's men were talking smack to kadaj's brothers about "mother" and they got all pissed off.

oh and the part where his cellphone does the victory song and he has this annoyed look on his face. that was pretty funny.
    Yea, Spirits Within should have lost the "Final Fantasy" to the title. But, AC is only TRULY enjoyable when you have played the game. All the hidden inuendos in that movie are awesome, but only noticed when you have played VII. Like the scene you mention w/ Loz's celly going off. I think we had to pause the movie from laughing so hard.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

FFVII: Advent Children
    Tomb Raider wasn't terrible.

That's about all that's jumping to my head
    I just thought they both were just O.K.

Yea, Spirits Within should have lost the "Final Fantasy" to the title. But, AC is only TRULY enjoyable when you have played the game. All the hidden inuendos in that movie are awesome, but only noticed when you have played VII. Like the scene you mention w/ Loz's celly going off. I think we had to pause the movie from laughing so hard.
    they should have it would have been sweeter that way but i think they were thinking if they let it just say spirits within it would end up like titan a.e did-good movie but noone really cared.

truth be told, i only watched ac because i worked at a sword shop that was selling replica weapons and it helps to know what youre selling......but then the guy quit ordering them so yeah, it didnt help so much lol

+ Reply to Thread