+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sweetness!

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Sweetness!

I just got my hands on a copy of Rocky Horror Picture Show! I think this is the first time I've seen it without a bunch of people yelling and throwing shit at the screen...

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default Re: Sweetness!

EPIC! but trust me, it's not as much fun watching alone......

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    I just got my hands on a copy of Rocky Horror Picture Show! I think this is the first time I've seen it without a bunch of people yelling and throwing shit at the screen...
    Yelling, throwing shit at the screen and watching people act out the movie while it's playing IS what made the movie so good. Without it, you might as well watch "Shock Treatment". Same thing in my book.

omg. i actually talked the guy who does the local shadowcast out of playing that back to back with rocky horror.

he had never seen it before and he's producing the shadowcast...wtf.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Yelling, throwing shit at the screen and watching people act out the movie while it's playing IS what made the movie so good. Without it, you might as well watch "Shock Treatment". Same thing in my book.
    for truth.

Yes, that's what made it popular, but by itself it isn't that bad of a movie. At least now I actually know what's going on in it. The only other time I've seen it was once at a theater and I was having so much fun watching everyone else act along with it I had no clue what the movie was doing.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Yes, that's what made it popular, but by itself it isn't that bad of a movie. At least now I actually know what's going on in it. The only other time I've seen it was once at a theater and I was having so much fun watching everyone else act along with it I had no clue what the movie was doing.

But, that's the point

which copy did ya get? there's one i got that's the 20th anniversary edition where it's got the english and american version. if you got that one, definately check out the english version.

and if you miss the shadowcast feel to it, it's got a shadow cast function where you can watch it like you would in a theatre complete with gag cues.

I got the aniversary one, but I'm borrowing it. I'm just ripping it to my hard drive, so I can't get the extra stuff with it. What's the difference between the American and English versions?

couple of songs the english has the heroes song at the end of it instead of the house just aking off. they normally show the english one in theatres.

+ Reply to Thread