+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halloween plans? Anybody?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Halloween plans? Anybody?

I know it's a little early, but I've been seeing the decorations going up in the stores already, so I thought I'd check and see if folks were starting to make plans or whatever. I'm not totally sure yet, but I have a number of tempting options already, so it should be fun. Usually, I like to stay home and give out candy though.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Halloween plans? Anybody?

im goin to do my usual fashion show type thing the jids with the best costumes get one of 10 huge bags of candy they will get judged on style and originality of their costumes then later in the evening im goin to raise hell on the town

Mother Superior

I am going to a mansion bed and breakfast for Halloween weekend. It is in Kalamazoo. I do this every year, different hotels though. I am staying in the Italian room and the French room. I am pretty excited about it. I made my reservation last month. http://www.hendersoncastle.com/ I just have to try that vischy shower, those are awesome, ahhh memories of spa life.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Already started to decorate my place and just got done talking with a friend about going to haunted houses... Can't wait til they open up...

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Last year halloween was my two month anni in Cali so we spent the day and night hiding in our apartment with the doors locked pretending not to be there. This year I'm thinking of maybe having my own party for a few friends. Or maybe finding myself a designted driver and raising a little hell elsewhere.
    K

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I dunno, not many kids where I live, and really nop one to hang with i think I will get some physoc thrillers and scare myself shitless.

No plans yet. Halloween always goes bad for me because it is so close to my birthday and I have very bad luck on my birthday. I have a twin brother and he seems to get pretty good birthday luck, but I tend to get into a car crash or something of the sort, so I think I might just hide under a blankie the entire week.

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

Every year my friends and I do the same thing. Its a combination Halloween slash birthday party for me. (I always seem to be stuck working the day of or the day after my birthday. Sucks!)
    My best friend and I dress up in a theme costume (We went as a french whore and pimp one year, princess and the pauper another, etc) and then all of our friends pile into my grannymobile and we got to the amateur drag show night and costume contest at one of our local drag bars. Its always a blast and someone in our group always either wins the amateur show or the costume contest.
    And then after we collect our winnings and are properly snockered, we go out dancing at afterhours until the sun comes up. Then...then the best part! WE SLEEP!
    Its always been a huge holiday for my friends and I. We always make it a night to remember. Good times.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Last year halloween was my two month anni in Cali so we spent the day and night hiding in our apartment with the doors locked pretending not to be there. This year I'm thinking of maybe having my own party for a few friends. Or maybe finding myself a designted driver and raising a little hell elsewhere.
    K
    I like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I like that idea.
    That makes two of us
    K

I on tour with my band THE SPOOK during OCT till Halloween. we're gonna play Mannheim, Germany on 31th. Really looking forward to it.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Eh... Still young enough to trick or treat *score* let me find a link to my costume

here it is:

http://www.starcostumes.com/item.asp?item=R15923
    Last edited by TheQuietPlace; 09-07-2004 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Added link

Too old to trick or treat?? What's that? All you need to do is find a little one somewhere and use them as your excuse

As far as my own plans, I really have no clue as of yet. I know last year I got a job at the Halloween store so I was working all day and dead tired when I finally got to leave that night. I don't plan on making that mistake again (although it was fun having free reign to play with all the costumes)

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

Same as every year.....rent very bad B-grade horror films and polute my body with a multitude of unhealthy things

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

halloween party going as died and doom (the living dead dolls) with my g/f should be good i hope

I am making plans early...going to see a concert! I will be dressed as a Demonia.The concert is with Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Vader, GoatWhore, in Austin, TX. Hoping to meet some cute guys!!!

I'm throwing a party for me and my various friends. I'm planning to make it fun, some music, a strobe light which we have in the basement for some reason, and maybe some dry ice... maybe a couple movies for an after-party type thing.

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

me and my wife are doing a huanted house at our house...kids(accompained by their parents) must go through to get their candy.

it's just not halloween unless you make a child cry from fear.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

http://www.spikeyem.com/bloodfeast

some boston friends are putting this little shindig on in an un-used church with the dj table being set up right on the alter... the more i hear about it the more i think it is where i am going to end up...

although last year in nyc i went to mistress evita's "what is fetish" anual halloween party and i did have quite a fun time so it is still a little to far to tell.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I usually hit the Santa Monica Blvd halloween street parade for a bit, since it is free, and there are about 500,000 people there. So there are a lot of crazy costumes, etc... Then I will probably venture to a club. One of the goth halloween events somewhere... I think last year I went to a heaven and hell ball, and there was a girl in an angel outfit, also on stilts. We made quite a nice couple for the evening...

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

I'm hoping to be going to Salem, Masschuetts again like last year. I'm going to be a blood countess for Halloween. I got a very shadowy dress, with a long cape and boots to go with them. I plan to be very much into the spirit of things and try to even steal kids candies perhaps with my hissing and wailing *laugh*

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by countessnichole
    I'm hoping to be going to Salem, Masschuetts again like last year. I'm going to be a blood countess for Halloween. I got a very shadowy dress, with a long cape and boots to go with them. I plan to be very much into the spirit of things and try to even steal kids candies perhaps with my hissing and wailing *laugh*

having/had quite a few friends who live there the local secret is that the weekend before is the best time to visit you have quite a large crowd of people having alot of fun enjoying the holiday with a much smaller percentage of tourist types who just gawk and crowd everything up...

not sure if that sounded right...basically the weekend before you get alot more audience participation if that makes sense.

[QUOTE=basically the weekend before you get alot more audience participation if that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

I've actually had quite a number of people respond last year and it was right on All Hallows night. It was a HUGE cluster of costumed people there, it was marvelous. I remember going by one of the pub windows there, I forget the name of it and I jumped out from the crowd and grabbed against the window. I bared my teeth and there was a couple sitting, drinking beer who jumped a bit from the window but immediately raised glasses to me cheering.

One of the fondest memories I will keep.

Slave326667's Avatar Slave & Master.

I'm gonna dress up in my ninja suit, put my pellet gun on my back, jump people's yards and shoot out all the porch lights. Then I scrape on their windows, scaring volumes of the neighbors shitless. Then I suppose I'll go do something with friends untill the sun comes up... yup... just a regular night.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave326667
    I'm gonna dress up in my ninja suit, put my pellet gun on my back, jump people's yards and shoot out all the porch lights. Then I scrape on their windows, scaring volumes of the neighbors shitless. Then I suppose I'll go do something with friends untill the sun comes up... yup... just a regular night.
    "In the confusion of a smoke bomb... I can remove your bra, and you would not even notice. I can jump from roof top to roof top and get your friends free cable... it's bad ass."

Guess the quote and win cred.

Slave326667's Avatar Slave & Master.

BWAHAHAHA! Cute.

I don't have any plans yet, but I do know what I'm going to dress up as this Halloween: A pregnant nun!

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

Up to Salem, \m/ass with my lovey...it will be the first year I will actually be able to do anything in a few years...TON was always touring and I always had to be at the shows right close to NY in Philly, so I guess there is the happiness that comes over me...being Samhain is very important to me. Besides, I'm tired of seeing Type O on Halloween for almost 6 years...Salem is awesome and it's even better during the Fall. <---my fave season.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

If any of you can, come to San Francisco's Castro district on Halloween. It's fuckin crazy. Link: Halloween Castro Partying. That's where I'll be.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

if all goes well (its still tenative) I will be in Hawaii

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    if all goes well (its still tenative) I will be in Hawaii
    oooo, I'm jealous! I heard at one point you can see lava oozing out at certain places. I really hope you can go, I've never gone, but I've heard great things about it.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

This Halloween Hempknight and I are going to one party and probably our favorite club. I'm making a hairpiece (woo my first) and going as a demon. W000t. As usual I'll probably get most of my costume from the depths of my closet.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

I will be taking pics like mad if it works out, just some scheduling difficulties with my job, but Im hoping I can work it out. None the less, I cant imagine not being in New England for Halloween. If you have never seen it, make sure to come check it out once in your lifetime

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by LECHUZA
    I am making plans early...going to see a concert! I will be dressed as a Demonia.The concert is with Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Vader, GoatWhore, in Austin, TX. Hoping to meet some cute guys!!!

holy shit man im going to that same show in atlanta ,ga (more thumbs up action)

as for halloween ......um......wispering really Qyitly...our own lil"annual blood fest,hahaha

I think I might get really drunk, blow all my savings on a plane ticket and wake up in another country. That sounds good.
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I think I might get really drunk, blow all my savings on a plane ticket and wake up in another country. That sounds good.
    K
    I think I may just have to join you in that plan...if I'm lucky I'll end up on a nice out of the way Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I think I may just have to join you in that plan...if I'm lucky I'll end up on a nice out of the way Island.
    I was thinking like France or Germany. I've done the Island and the Sub-tropical thing or years and really not a Carribean island right now anyway (seen the specs on Ivan?) . Maybe Japan...
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I was thinking like France or Germany. I've done the Island and the Sub-tropical thing or years and really not a Carribean island right now anyway (seen the specs on Ivan?) . Maybe Japan...
    K
    Japan for sure...wouldn't mind getting lost there for a few months.

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

I love October. The smell in the air (of autumn) is wonderful. But most importantly, everyday is Halloween here, baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    I love October. The smell in the air (of autumn) is wonderful. But most importantly, everyday is Halloween here, baby!!!
    It'd be nice if it was actually feeling like October right now. I agree, the smell and the feelings are unlike any other season.

+ Reply to Thread