+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: i think i have a ghost

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: i think i have a ghost

Try recording it that way if you dont hear it properly the 1st time you have another go at it.

So leave it some cookies and a glass of ectoplasmic lemonade. If they aren't gone in the morning, I blame your tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    I want to be shot into the sun or the nearest black hole. It would be heaps funny if I got shot back out of the black hole with a note reading "Stop throwing your crap into our dimension."
    Simpsons did it.

I had a similar experience happened when I was on the phone. I was fucking with my friend and trying to scare him. I'm in my room with the door closed when behind me I heard "Hey" like it was whispered behind me.

Scared the fuck out of me.

Yeah, try to record it and listen over and over. Google for EVP.

You will need to run video of the situation. Best recording device = old VCR on ELP (8 hours w/right tape). Hook a camera to it. Either that or a wireless camera hooked to a PC in the other room streaming all night. Paranormal investigators would want to really see some sort of visual+audio proof first.... as would I

Also get a Tri-Field meter:

The trick with these is to use them with all the power off to the house/room. It makes me laugh that these TV Ghost chasers always just turn the lights off in a room but never cut power to the entire structure. Turning lights off doesn't call out ghosts and not cutting power to an entire structure invalidates these meters. You need to remove all power to get a true reading.

Kids are interesting in this dept. Our almost 2 year old in his sleep does some wild things like bolting awake, gabbering, etc... their brain is still growing so they're gonna do some wild stuff over the years. Conversations in different voices while asleep or awake is common. We've heard our kid change his voice in play sometimes as well so a lot of things can be chalked up to normal development. That's why the video is so very important in paranormal investigation. The manifestations must be proven visually.

You can also get old 8mm cameras that support infrared recording like the one I have. Hit a button and TADA! You can record in normal spectrum + slight infrared.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Aren't those 8mm cameras expensive?

Nope - infrared (or night shot) photography is pretty standard on most 8mm cameras now. Mine is the Sony DCR-TRV230. The interesting thing about this model was that they messed up on it (or it being Japan, this was intentional)... you can turn on the IR recording during daylight. (Most cams that offer this only engage in night). The side effect? You can see/record through most sheer clothing... I'm reading that this is more common now on other cameras via filters or other IR features now more common then this first 'mistake' Sony 8mm.

INFO:
    Phone Filter Method
    Original Sony Camera Article

SONY CAMERA SHOTS: (Not my wife, some random photo on da web)

Ok Ok.. yea, so I did get my wife to run around in a tanktop and underwear and yea... it works.. .not 100% but enough to keep old Japanese men hanging around public pools... However, this also means you can record during any light past our visual spectrum. Not the heat cams you see on those ghost shows but still a good addition to our visual spectrum.

The different today is that most cameras need a filter to prevent damage by too much light coming through the innerds when you turn on "Night Shot" yet this sony model that I have apparently doesn't seem to get damaged yet it's still not recommended. At night, you need no filter.

Check ebay or da google for cams, etc...

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    we totally heard it again! But it said something different..we couldn't make out what it was at all though. It's freaking me out and I can't sleep...
    did it happen at the same time? or in the same room? look for patterns. try not to be freaked out. does it feel malevolent or have bad vibes?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    did it happen at the same time? or in the same room? look for patterns. try not to be freaked out. does it feel malevolent or have bad vibes?
    i was in the same room but it sounded like it was coming from the back of the house this time. Bryan had headphones half on playing a game and he heard it too. it was shorter, and it happened at 12:01 am and last time it was after 12:30am. I dont feel super threatened, more sad. But I have also felt really disoriented when I am home lately. Bryan is working tonight and kaden is at my moms for the next 2 nights...i totally dont want to be here by myself.

Oh and I heard that years ago a little kid set the apartments on fire and said his animals were telling him to do it...thats a story a neighbor told me so I dont know how true it is.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Move

also we are the first tenants since they've remodeled and I've heard that remodeling can kick up any activity that there could be.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I like your ghostly thong Djbat.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Simpsons did it.
    Thats where I got the note idea.

And with the infra red type cameras get a camere, make sure its NOT digital, take a phot in pitch blackness with out the flash. Take out the film out and cut out a section then pull and ordinay webcam apart and place the film section in front of the lens. Ive proberly forgot something or messed it up but you should get a thremal camera type thing

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

so, uh, did you survive?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Is the ghost little, and pink? It could be Malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Is the ghost little, and pink? It could be Malcolm.
    oh ho ho! you got me there lol. yeah...........

funny.........

oh wait, what i meant to say was :

I actually saw a really badass picture of pacman where it explains he was an astronaut and the ghosts were his fallen comrades looking for revenge and the pellets he eats are anti anxiety medicine. I so wanna cosplay as pinky astroghost now lol

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I wasn't trying to "get you", Malcolm. I'm not Rockwulf.

I was commenting on your previous tagline.

i didnt think you were, biker punk, i thought it was funny

you get cool points for remembering i used that as a tagline to boot.

im still alive....it seems to be that its only around when kaden is home. and apparently he wakes up crying when he is at his grandmas house...im trying to figure out how to deal with it.

Sounds like a real mess there.

have you thought about having someone come in to investigate?

The more you stress over it the more you feed it. Nothing is stronger than your own mind. My point about superstition for example is: If you believe in it it will happen, if you don't it wont. You should remember that love is absolutely biggest power in the world. Nothing can beat it.

Children are more open to things than we are. They have more fresh and clean perception of things and happenings around them. Fact is that children learn from very small age. From the very first month. He might have heard you talking about stuff and then he formed his own view of it. Accidentally he might have got some things right and invoked a genie or a other entity. Or he just amplified somehow already existing phenomenon.

Personally, I don't think there's much to worry about. It will pass as he gets older and you shouldn't encourage it by any means. Other entities are nothing to kid around.

My advice is to go and see a Shaman, Indian priest, whatever it's called. They're one of the closest to the real truth. Ask for an protection charm. He'll then make one for him personally and smoke a pipe on it, see a genie, and get help to make it work as it should.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

calling a shaman sounds like feeding it man.................and these shamans want to be paid just like every other religious nutjob out there ..........

things that go bump in the night are only what you make of them

I think my daughter was two or three when I told her that if she ever saw the boogeyman to just kick him in the teeth........

the only time I've ever come close to somehting like that was when I was travelling with someone who was a whatever and at one point they had to sing for thier supper, the people where sure that there was a doorway to hell or something, I wasn't sure because I didn't speak thier language, but anyway they were quite respectable people, drove us around on wonderful tours and such, but they were really convinced that something was there in that room........well, whatever it was got dealt with, everyone was happy and all, and I kept my mouth shut because well, you don't fuck with the business of others.

I still have no idea why people have any use for this ghost shit, and that's taking into account that I think that all that stuff is real it's just I have absolutely no use for any of that stuff because it's good for nothing but seperating people from thier cash

bah.........ghosts

+ Reply to Thread