+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battlestar Galactica Finale...

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Battlestar Galactica Finale...

Did anyone watch it? What did you think?

I've watched the series from the beginning and I wasn't totally upset with the finale, BUT the last hour was totally unnecessary and I really think the way they tried to tie everything in together was really lame. I wanted answers. What I got was something a 5th grader could come up with in ending a creative story. Way to call it in guys!

When "Lost" finally ends it's run next year, it better be a more creative ending than this.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Finale...

I have yet to get around to watching any BG.........

I am hoping lost doesn't let me down sorting out that mess

It sucked. And finally one of the most annoying roles died. Better late than never. I wished that Admiral and President died earlier in the show. I was disappointed..

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i never got into battlestar gal's newer run. i think it was the lack of actually seeing cylons as cylon looking.

but im sure the ending could have been so worse.....they could have ended it like the sopranos where it cut off in mid se-

Uh, for those who haven't watched it yet...please don't read my post. Spoilars ahead.

"And finally one of the most annoying roles died. Better late than never. I wished that Admiral and President died earlier in the show."

What role?

And why would you possibly have wanted Roslin to die earlier? She was a goddess. A beautiful, powerful, woman. I was expecting more for her end, though.

I doubt Adama would have stayed in his cabin secluded for the rest of his years. The implication that he did was a little odd. And Lee going off alone, too? Chief, I can understand. But it just seemed like everyone was breaking off by themselves or with only their significant other. Leaving everyone they lived with and loved for their entire lives doesn't make sense. As soon as it ended, I felt like there seriously needed to be a little more information about this.

I know the number one gripe with everyone was Starbuck. I'm going to be the odd one out here and say I thought it was fucking perfect. PERFECT. I fucking smiled, too.

What I have qualms with is Hera. The first half of the end (VERY WIN BATTLE SCENES, BTW) was all about getting her. And the entire dream sequences (though nicely done) all came down to saving her. For what? Seriously? There was kind of, you know, other humans and cylons that decided to land on our earth. And I don't think they are going to take the abstinence route. So, you know...one hybrid kid is not that big a deal.

I was honestly expecting a bleary-eyed, disheartened end...but got otherwise. That was kind of a disappointment. Sort of. Okay, maybe the relatively happy ending weirded me out. Just didn't fit right. I can't condemn the show for just a hour conclusion, though. Battlestar Galactica in it's entirety was amazing. I loved it. I really, really loved it.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Lalala Not Going To Read Want To Watch The Series

Adama and Roslin were lame. Roslin a bit more than Adama thought. Just the way they acted was so annoying. But.. to each his own

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Uh, for those who haven't watched it yet...please don't read my post. Spoilars ahead.

"And finally one of the most annoying roles died. Better late than never. I wished that Admiral and President died earlier in the show."

What role?

And why would you possibly have wanted Roslin to die earlier? She was a goddess. A beautiful, powerful, woman. I was expecting more for her end, though.

I doubt Adama would have stayed in his cabin secluded for the rest of his years. The implication that he did was a little odd. And Lee going off alone, too? Chief, I can understand. But it just seemed like everyone was breaking off by themselves or with only their significant other. Leaving everyone they lived with and loved for their entire lives doesn't make sense. As soon as it ended, I felt like there seriously needed to be a little more information about this.

I know the number one gripe with everyone was Starbuck. I'm going to be the odd one out here and say I thought it was fucking perfect. PERFECT. I fucking smiled, too.

What I have qualms with is Hera. The first half of the end (VERY WIN BATTLE SCENES, BTW) was all about getting her. And the entire dream sequences (though nicely done) all came down to saving her. For what? Seriously? There was kind of, you know, other humans and cylons that decided to land on our earth. And I don't think they are going to take the abstinence route. So, you know...one hybrid kid is not that big a deal.

I was honestly expecting a bleary-eyed, disheartened end...but got otherwise. That was kind of a disappointment. Sort of. Okay, maybe the relatively happy ending weirded me out. Just didn't fit right. I can't condemn the show for just a hour conclusion, though. Battlestar Galactica in it's entirety was amazing. I loved it. I really, really loved it.
    Yeah, the whole "Now let's make everyone a hermit" was just stupid. And I was upset about the Starbuck thing. Apollo and her were perfect for each other. They should have hooked up at the end and she should have been given a second chance for life by the Gods for completing her mission.

+ Reply to Thread