+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adam Lambert Goes a Little Elvis with Tracks of My Tears

Default Adam Lambert Goes a Little Elvis with Tracks of My Tears

[google]49[/google]
    During country week on American Idol, I expressed surprise that Adam Lambert had not gone for a more Elvis country vibe when he covered a song made famous by Johnny Cash, the original man in black, called "
    Read the full article

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Adam Lambert Goes a Little Elvis with Tracks of My Tears

Why do I care about Adam Lambert? Or American/Australian Idol/Big Brother/Reality TV in general?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Why do I care about Adam Lambert? Or American/Australian Idol/Big Brother/Reality TV in general?

I've never seen Big Brother. What does it have in common with American Idol or Adam Lambert? Or did you stop reading at American Idol and not look at the videos of Adam Lambert singing, the videos of the original more famous performers who did those songs, or the photos Forrest Black and I shot of Adam Lambert?

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I dont have a problem with what you take photos of or anything like that, I just hate reality TV. Big Brother was the one where they stuck a group of people in a house and let people vote in to evict them. I find reality TV a wast of my time and nothing but a fad that wont die.
    I dont deny that some people on things like American Idol do have talent, but its making people think that being a musician is about being famous, not about the music.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(TV_series)

You already had an article about those photos though. I'll acknowledge that you can report on whatever you damn well like, but I agree with Dusk that relevance to BB or counterculture in general is stretching thin now.

Also, I would say that American Idol and Big Brother have in common that they're part of the same new generation of hugely popular celebreality entertainment that discarded the old formula where people become famous proportionally to their ability to be interesting, and replaced it with the theory that people become interesting proportionally to how famous you make them. Another thing they have in common is the 'send overpriced text messages to pretend to influence things' factor. Either way it's ultracommercial uber-pop lowest-common-denominator entertainment, so it's not surprising that some of here may harbour a distaste for it, even if it is perfectly reasonable for others to disagree.

+ Reply to Thread