+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vertical Impaction

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Vertical Impaction

I'm sure everyone here understands how plate tectonics work. I essentially have this happening to my lower right wisdom teeth where the vertical tooth in the very back is trying to come up underneath the tooth in front of it. I never thought that earthquakes could be painful, sure as hell not painful enough to bring me to tears but bloody fucking A, man, this sucks balls.

My teeth do this ^^
    I've been taking ibuprofen and smothering the area with anbesol, but it still throbs like hell. I've been told that Arnica apparently helps (TY Voltaire!) any other suggestions... aside from massive painkillers (am allergic to just about everything else) ?

~K

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Vertical Impaction

nothing helped me until I got it taken care of...................sorry

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

That looks like no fun at all. I had all four of mine out, but that looks like a mess to deal with.

I've got two weeks till my insurance kicks in and it covers dental so I can finally get them out. I'm gonna tell 'em if they can do 'em all at once, go for it. Right now it's just on the bottom right side but I shudder to think what it would feel like to have the screwdriver-trying-to-drive-my-teeth-apart feeling on both sides. That just made me nauseous to think about. :\

~K

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Ouch! I don't know what to tell you. When my wisdom teeth came in, that was pretty much the worst pain I've ever felt and I couldn't find any relief. I feel for ya.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Wow I feel lucky. Ive only ever lost 6 teeth, dont have my wisdoms yet and the only time I went to a dentist was to check If I actually have the adult teeth.

But it really sucks that you have to go through this

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

-clove oil.
    -willow bark capsules; 40 mg, 3x daily.

also, thyme oil is a natural antiseptic, and will decrease the level of bacteria in your mouth. if you can't get the oil, try making a tea with the dry (fresh would be better if you can get it.) and use it as a mouth rinse. a warm salt water rinse will help w/ pain temporarily as well. your arnica pearls will help with the swelling a little.

Make strong Salvia tea and use it as a mouth rinse as well. Don't swallow it unless you want the fuzzy effects. It's natural antibiotic and it calms inflammations very well.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Ouch! I know how it feels, getting them out just can't come fast enough.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

whenever my teeth hurt putting cold water in my mouth helped, which is odd because cold usually makes your teeth hurt, not helps it. but that is what helped me, I just did that constantly and chugged ibprofin, along with any kind of shit that numbs your mouth, like sore throat spray or that stuff specifically for tooth aches.

but that wasn't cuza wisdom teeth, it was just for a regular fucked tooth. I guess all the nerves finally died because it doesn't hurt anymore.

er. I wish I had dental insurance.

i'd go with massive painkillers. I never really had any problems with those, because if you aren't in pain, then they don't get you high enough to be worth doing as a habit.

unless youre like snorting oxycontin. which i wouldn;t reccomend.

Holy shit, I can't imagine what that feels like. I have no remedies to offer, though... =S You can pretend you have to wait a month...so when two weeks come around it will seem awesome. Right? Yeah.

Ooooooo Maaannnnnnn... yea, that's classic vert impact. Not fun at all...

Unfortunately not much will really do /much/ due to the size and placement under the gumline except surgery or direct needle injections of pain killers... I had all mine taken out early on - Just prepare blender with assortment of favorite foods and straw, friends to help ya out for the first few days and DVD's...

Depending on your mood and post-drugs, The Exorcist may prove to be wildly entertaining.... either that or the Dark Side Of The Rainbow DVD if you can find/download it (Pink Floyd married to Wizard of Oz - classic) - I actually found the DVD at a fraqing swap meet! 5.1 surround sound - lol!

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Wow I feel lucky. Ive only ever lost 6 teeth, dont have my wisdoms yet and the only time I went to a dentist was to check If I actually have the adult teeth.

But it really sucks that you have to go through this
    Are you saying 6 "baby" teeth?

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

wow that looks like a horizontal impaction the tooth is sideways

eeek at least my wisdoms are poking out of the gums with the crown up

Painkillers are for pussies. Thorns are for real men.

You might need surgery Keiko but that's not a big deal. Oral surgery is easy and quick and done with a local anesthetic. Difference is that they use scalpel and some different tools to get out that motherfucker that grows not as it should.

That tooth looks so lazy.

I've been brushing my teeth/rinsing with antiseptic mouthwash more than usual (I know, how do you go up from five times a day?) and essentially drowning it in anbesol to keep it numbed. between that, ibuprofen and weed I've managed to make it tolerable to deal with. i haven't had a chance to get up to the health food store and pick up the other nifty natural remedies that have been suggested just yet, but that is on my "to do" list for my next day off (come on wednesday). I appreciate the sympathetic noises and the ideas for making it better, it helps.

~k

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

*insert sympathetic noise*

that sucks ): Im sorry
    I have apparently a huge mouth so the dentists were suprised to find all of my wisdom teeth in with tons of room to spare when i was 15.

Good thing your insurance kicks in so soon, i fought with my work for a year before they finally got it straight

You can pick up Salvia from nature you self and dry it properly too. That's what my grandmother does. She's collecting and putting together old recipes for all sorts of medicine. It looks like all of them are slowly disappearing from the face of the earth and she plans on saving them. You would be surprised on how good fat from sheep wool is for reumatic artritis. Now she's even starting to collect recipes and plants from all over the world. Suma for example. She discovered it in past year and since then it's part of our diet everyday. Pharaohs oil too. It's said that only thing that it doesn't heal is death.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Are you saying 6 "baby" teeth?
    yup, mostly at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    You can pick up Salvia from nature you self and dry it properly too. That's what my grandmother does. She's collecting and putting together old recipes for all sorts of medicine. It looks like all of them are slowly disappearing from the face of the earth and she plans on saving them. You would be surprised on how good fat from sheep wool is for reumatic artritis. Now she's even starting to collect recipes and plants from all over the world. Suma for example. She discovered it in past year and since then it's part of our diet everyday. Pharaohs oil too. It's said that only thing that it doesn't heal is death.

How much does she want for a copy of said book?

~K

It's still only written in various notes and papers. Yet to be digitalized. I'm thinking about translating it first and then putting it on digital media. I'll let you have it for free when it's ready.

This is something that shouldn't be sold. If there's bad karma then it's definitely in that. And as well it shouldn't be thanked for. There's an very old common rule in our culture which is to not say thank you for food, medicine and books (oldies meant knowledge with it).

~O

I'll at least offer in trade the peanut butter smooshie cookie recipe, if for nothing else than to promote kharmic balance.

~K

FedorasBox's Avatar Member

not much is going to alleviate that pain until you get them out. they will probably try to pull away and push back against the teeth again. my went in and out for years before I got them broken and pulled out of my jawbone.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I'll at least offer in trade the peanut butter smooshie cookie recipe, if for nothing else than to promote kharmic balance.

~K
    That's something I would love to know how to do! I just started on cakes. Not so often due to their dangerous awesomeness. I just started to understand how cakes work. Basic principles and ingredients and how all works out mixed. Now I can know the way they will be when they're done just by looking at mix up.

You should see my first cupcakes. They looked like stoned and degenerated genetic manipulation experiment. Bit harder than normally but tasty as hell. I did the marble technique on them splitting mixture in two and then adding vanilla and more flour to first and cacao to second one and then swirling them to get the crazy effect. They exploded up in size while in the oven and mixed up with other ones making them look funny

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    That's something I would love to know how to do! I just started on cakes. Not so often due to their dangerous awesomeness. I just started to understand how cakes work. Basic principles and ingredients and how all works out mixed. Now I can know the way they will be when they're done just by looking at mix up.

You should see my first cupcakes. They looked like stoned and degenerated genetic manipulation experiment. Bit harder than normally but tasty as hell. I did the marble technique on them splitting mixture in two and then adding vanilla and more flour to first and cacao to second one and then swirling them to get the crazy effect. They exploded up in size while in the oven and mixed up with other ones making them look funny
    Hehehe. I started with carrot cakes. that was funny. edible but lopsided and i didn't let it cool enough before i frosted it and it looked runny and meltedy, like the cake from Sleeping Beauty. *lol*

The fun part about the smooshie cookies is that they are easier than they look. the secret is in the dusting.

~K

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Mmm... K's Peanut-Butter Smooshies...

... we might have to go shopping now, despite the rain.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'd like to give some 'vertical impaction', if you know what I mean.

Yes indeed.

But I might be more for some quality dusting.

+ Reply to Thread