+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forgive or Revenge?

Default Forgive or Revenge?

Whats your philosophy? When people insult, slight or use you do you usually forgive them/calmly explain why that was wrong or do you seek a way to insult, lower them in the eyes of others or to cause them mental/physical pain?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: Forgive or Revenge?

depends what kind of mood i was in when they pissed me off...

if I was already in a bad mood, i usually dont trust my judgment and assume i am overreacting so i tend to forgive.
    But if I am in a good mood and someone pisses me off then usually revenge...

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

usually forgive. i feel things have a way of naturally evening themselves out eventually

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

If they're doing it in a jokingly manner in a good-spirited way, I usually laugh with them. If they're just being an asshole, I call them on it. Alot of times just calling them on it makes them feel worse then actually retaliating with a nasty comeback. People don't like it when they realize they ARE assholes.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

most of the time revenge just takes to much energy to do properly and isn't really warranted...................doesn't mean I can be bothered to forgive either

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Gotta go with Ajax on this one.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm a really laid back easy-going person and although its hard to piss me off, it is in fact possible. depending on the nature of the offense one shouldn't worry about if i'll get revenge, but when. believe you me, if you press the right buttons, i'll stoop lower than a grasshopper's knees and get revenge maybe not that day or that week, but eventually. I can hold a grudge like its nobodys business.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

I have too much pride.
    When i feel like someone is trying to humiliate me, i dont let them get away with it.
    I have a feeling, that yes this could be my down fall.

But i feel like ive forgiven way too many times to care for it any longer.
    I dont go out of my way to fuck with someone therefore, why should people do it to me?

I am a vengeful kind of soul.

One of my favorite tools is a ball peen hammer, that answer the question?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I pretty much always forgive.

but oddly I also lust for revenge, so I will take any excuse to even the score, even though I don't do it out of a sense of vindictiveness- which you could argue kind of defeats the point. But I don't hold a grudge, I will be perfectly amiable after exacting my vengeance and then I'll forgive and forget. so isn't that better?

I think that it's a combination of my angst at contemporary society that urges me to lash out and destroy the vestibules of capitalism and my desire to make light of it through practical jokery.

I don't want to hurt anybody, I just want to fuck with them.

It's natural, or should I say animal in us that seeks revenge. Human in us forgives.

It's good to forgive, but it's bad to forget. If you care about the person you should do as Ajax does. Show them they were wrong and hope they learn a lesson from it. Some persons don't learn so easily so they need a stronger backfiring. Putting them in exact same situation might help them realize what they're doing.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

It is very hard to piss me off, but when you do you cant run far enough.

A few years back this guy managed to piss my of in a big way. My friends James, Damian and Matt where tying to hold me back but I was just dragging them with me when the genius said "What do you need your bitches to hold you back?" They let me go I broke his ribs.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

I do think there's more value in forgiveness but I've never really gotten off my ass to learn the techniques. If it's worth it (to me) I'll use some really passive aggressive method of revenge that makes me laugh and the perpetrator squirm. It's better than me being self-destructive over their destructive behavior.

I'm difficult to offend, impossible to upset and mostly apathetic to public opinion, so what many people would regard as insults, drama and backstabbing often seems like harmless trolling to me. Sometimes this means it'll be a fairly unilateral pissing contest; sometimes I'll view it as a competitive game and troll back. It's when the latter happens that I tend to get taken by surprise at how vulnerable people are to their own brand of verbal shit-slinging.

+ Reply to Thread