+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who Else Loves BlueBlood Art?

JakeBatchelor's Avatar Junior Member

Default Who Else Loves BlueBlood Art?

art-wh0re ( ärt-hôr) n. A person who fanatically collects artwork from other artists, whether by commissioning, art trades, gift art, or by other means. The person usually has a particular character which their commissioned artwork usually focuses on. From the latin term Artous Collectus Compellious.

Anyone making any movie tributes to BlueBlood on youtube or some other internet movie website?

Post your links here in this for everybody to see! I want to watch your movies too! I am making some tribute movies on youtube. If you consider yourself an "artwhore" and you may simply wish to post a link to a collection of your favorite blueblood pictures then let's have a look at them! Maybe see what others think of your collection!

My personal strongest influences and favorites come from Boris Vallejo, his wife Julie Bell, Luis Royo, and Frank Frazetta. But I also often times do long searches on art websites such as deviantart and eflwood for images I think might fit in one of my movies alongside a blue blood photo.

I haven't made more than 15 posts yet so I won't be giving the link to my movies until I do

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Who Else Loves BlueBlood Art?

Is this guy for real?

The idea of trading, gifting or buying art to 'collect' it seems silly to me. If you've seen, heard or otherwise enjoyed the beauty of a creative work, its value is realised. What's 'owning' it going to add?

Seems kinda desperate, clingy. Somewhat like marriage is to love, a contractualisation of a connection that will be made neither more real nor more permanent for it, in a pessimistic attempt to set in stone what should be a fleeting impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Is this guy for real?
    Shhhh.. be careful... I think Cyberdyne just went live...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    The idea of trading, gifting or buying art to 'collect' it seems silly to me. If you've seen, heard or otherwise enjoyed the beauty of a creative work, its value is realised. What's 'owning' it going to add?

Seems kinda desperate, clingy. Somewhat like marriage is to love, a contractualisation of a connection that will be made neither more real nor more permanent for it, in a pessimistic attempt to set in stone what should be a fleeting impact.

do you ever take time to think about this stuff you write?

Always.

Why do you ask? Something in there that you don't like, which you'd prefer stem from a lack of consideration?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: Who Else Loves Blue Blood Art?

Owning art is like marriage? If you buy a piece of art, you own it. Forever if you'd like, until you go dirt-napping. If you get married, you just own a piece of paper that can be contractually broken by any local lawyer, at any time, depending of the parties involved. How is that the same thing?

Also, as for owning art, there's usually two kinds of "collectors". One is the type of art lover that does realize the value of the art piece, but wants to own it so they can admire the art everyday. The other would be the type that buys it as they would stock. Hoping that it's value goes up monetarily and hoping to sell it one day to make a bunch of dough. How are these two desperate and clingy?

I do think marriage can be a desperate and clingy thing, but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Owning art is like marriage? If you buy a piece of art, you own it. Forever if you'd like, until you go dirt-napping. If you get married, you just own a piece of paper that can be contractually broken by any local lawyer, at any time, depending of the parties involved. How is that the same thing?
    The sentiment behind it is similar, even if the expressions are distinct. It's the tendency to take something that you feel is currently a positive influence and trying to formalise it, tie it down to you and freeze it in time.

Which seems sensible on the surface, but it's not how sensations work. The process of experiencing something changes you (and often other things involved in it); it cannot be the same twice, and giving it a name and placing it on a pedestal will not make its influence on you any more profound. To get more out of it you have to move on, deeper in or out into the world with what it gave you; not stand in place to describe and worship it, or claim it as your property as opposed to others'.

It is desperate and clingy because it puts all its energy into meaningless claims, concepts, formalities and social structure, rather than taking the next step ahead.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

The sentiment behind it is similar, even if the expressions are distinct. It's the tendency to take something that you feel is currently a positive influence and trying to formalise it, tie it down to you and freeze it in time.

Which seems sensible on the surface, but it's not how sensations work. The process of experiencing something changes you (and often other things involved in it); it cannot be the same twice, and giving it a name and placing it on a pedestal will not make its influence on you any more profound. To get more out of it you have to move on, deeper in or out into the world with what it gave you; not stand in place to describe and worship it, or claim it as your property as opposed to others'.

It is desperate and clingy because it puts all its energy into meaningless claims, concepts, formalities and social structure, rather than taking the next step ahead.
    ***The process of experiencing something changes you (and often other things involved in it); it cannot be the same twice, and giving it a name and placing it on a pedestal will not make its influence on you any more profound. To get more out of it you have to move on, deeper in or out into the world with what it gave you; not stand in place to describe and worship it, or claim it as your property as opposed to others'.***

But you have a girlfriend and the same woman for sometime now. You may or not be monogamous, but you are together. Because you are still with her wouldn't you say that you are abstractly claiming her as your property? Just because there is no paper tying you together, together you still are. If you are not happy with her you can leave, just the same as you can leave from a marriage. To get more out of your experience with her, shouldn't you have moved on by now out more into the world. Of course not, because you have yet to experience everything about her.
    The thing is, the experience you get from something such as art or marriage, may not be the same exact experience the first time you encountered it, but that doesn't mean there isn't more to it than the first experience. If you love art, by owning a piece of it, you might happen to notice more detail as time goes on, thus giving you more of an experience with the art and maybe even a more gratification of such art. Marriage is the same way. Do you actually think you get married and then there is nothing new in the relationship to experience. I've been married for 12 years now. I didn't get married because I was desperate or clingy. I got married because I thoroughly enjoy my wife's company and realized that I wanted her to be with me as I went on through life. Is there times where we take each other for granted? Sure. But there are also alot more times where I still learn things about her, still experience new things with her. As I do, my love doesn't grow less. It grows more and it's not because I make it as such in my mind. It generally just happens. Very easily I might add. Does all marriages work? Yeah, right. We all know that answer, but believe me...I thought long and hard before we got engaged. Yes, you can sum up a marriage as just a piece of paper or a make believe promise based on a desperation to not be alone. But, in doing so, you are just putting a very basic narrow definition of the term. Marriage, just like life, is never cut and dry.
    To me, a true experience is not one where you take it at face value. It is one where the experience is like an onion. The more you peel the onion, the more layers that are uncovered; The deeper the experience becomes.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Always.

Why do you ask? Something in there that you don't like, which you'd prefer stem from a lack of consideration?

oh, nothing really to like or not like, I was just wondering

+ Reply to Thread