+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you prefer to answer to someone more capable than you or more similar to you?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Would you prefer to answer to someone more capable than you or more similar to you?

When working for a boss or electing a leader such as a political representative, would you rather answer to someone more capable, more informed, or perhaps brighter or more charismatic than you feel you are or someone you feel you have more in common with?

Default Re: Would you prefer to answer to someone more capable than you or more similar to you?

I don't answer to anybody. Partially on principle; partially because I cannot reasonably hope for either.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: Would you prefer to answer to someone more capable than you or more similar to you?

Probably someone who has more in common with me or at least is more down to Earth than some fake, over confident boss. I am at my most "real" when I can speak with a boss that gets me and I can be "me", instead of some contradiction of who I am. Although, I'm hoping that that are more informed and capable than me because if not, than I'd just be pissed at the fact that they are my boss.

I really like the idea that the guy above me is there because he/she is better at what they do than I am. There are few things more annoying than working for someone who doesn't know there job as well as I do.

On the other hand, I hate when a boss thinks that because they do their thing well, they know how to do everything else well. But part of being a better boss than me is knowing when to let your people do their thing. So yeah, someone more capable.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I've often wondered why I've been an adult entertainer for so long. I used to think it was the money, but I've come to realize its a whole lot more than that. I am irritatingly independent, and I love my freedom. the only person I am interested in answering to is myself.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Ive never had a boss, or someone to answer too.
    I moved out of my house when i was 16.
    I dont do well authority at all.
    But......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Although, I'm hoping that that are more informed and capable than me because if not, than I'd just be pissed at the fact that they are my boss.
    ......Im with him on this one.
    ^.^

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I'd rather work under someone more similar to me, because I could relate to them, and they're usually nicer. Although, I usually end up working under someone less capable than I am who is a total prick who thinks he knows everything.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    I'd rather work under someone more similar to me, because I could relate to them, and they're usually nicer. Although, I usually end up working under someone less capable than I am who is a total prick who thinks he knows everything.
    ***I usually end up working under someone less capable than I am who is a total prick who thinks he knows everything.****

I've been in this situation plenty of times. The funny part is I have authority-phobia. It usually isn't until, after the fact, that I realize how much more "experienced" I was than my boss. Yay, generalized social anxiety disorder!

I'd rather see someone in charge who actually has a reason to be in charge versus someone I'd want to be friends with. Working for incompetent people sucks.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    I'd rather see someone in charge who actually has a reason to be in charge versus someone I'd want to be friends with. Working for incompetent people sucks.

It matters to me that my paycheck clears, week after week

+ Reply to Thread