+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fleurs du mal (Pics)

Default Fleurs du mal (Pics)

To be honest, I don't think these fleurs are very mal at all, but we've been having trouble thinking of titles that don't sound too spring-happy.

Outfit's something we'd finished a while ago, but the weather was never right for wearing it outside. It hasn't seen much clubbing action either, because it's not quite as dark as we like it, but personally I'm pleasantly surprised with the photos.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Fleurs du mal (Pics)

Those are really pretty. I love the style and setting.

I have to agree. The bottom photo is my favorite. Great color match and settings there Raza.
    Even the attention to detail of the red ruby in the ring.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

very lovely raza.

tons of compliments.....first off the falls are gorgeous. especially the one twisted to look like candy canes.

the outfit is very yummy as well especially the rings I wanna kidnap your middle finger ring lol,

The last one is the best i think it kind of remidns me of one of those music box dolls where you turn the key and they spin around, especially with the thousand yard stare. and the heart jewel on the third eye chakra is a nice touch.

also the tattoos are very nicely done. not all ove rhelter skelter, they seem to flow with the body.

and i am so jealous of how skinny you-it is you isnt it?-are lol. what's your secret?

oh and the scenery is like right out of a bloody fairy garden. lovely. and very refreshing to someone who lives in an environment of trailer houses and dead desert brush.

good job.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, the last one is my favorite...

Thank you all!

Malcolm; it's not me, haha; it's my girlfriend. I figured people would know from my past picture threads, but I guess I should've noted that for newcomers. Strictly speaking they're not falls but dread extentions; I agree on the candy cane ones, that was izta's idea =). Our secret to skinniness is lots of sex and drugs, and as a fan of post-apocalyptic themes I would love to have a desert around to do a shoot in.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

umm, what? nothing that you said in the first post made sense to me.

I gather that you are having trouble trying to think of a title?

how about the old standby: pictures of my non-commited sometimes amorous entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Thank you all!

Malcolm; it's not me, haha; it's my girlfriend. I figured people would know from my past picture threads, but I guess I should've noted that for newcomers. Strictly speaking they're not falls but dread extentions; I agree on the candy cane ones, that was izta's idea =). Our secret to skinniness is lots of sex and drugs, and as a fan of post-apocalyptic themes I would love to have a desert around to do a shoot in.
    oic lol okay well,sorry for the mixup, iw asnt for sure who it was but thank yu for clearing that up.

as for post apocolyptic scenery, ther'es none better than apache junction where the population is prety much composed of elderly people whittling their lives away till they die and tweekers who should very well be zombies. it works pretty decent for industrial scenery too. the only benefit i can think of worth mentioning to out here is the fact the superstition mountains are in my backyard practically and they are beautiful to look at on a clear sky day (usually after it rains and the smog has cleared.)and the fact the design on our manhole covers out here looks like a ring of penises.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    and the fact the design on our manhole covers out here looks like a ring of penises.
    You should see what we've got lining the sidewalks here in Amsterdam.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

God damn, you're girl is hot
    Beautiful clothing too btw.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

The marionette pose is just brilliant. First picture is pretty well-composed too.

Note how the extensions block the light from her face on the third picture making the depth uneven across the picture.

As for your work, I like the armwarmers most. It's all pretty awesome overall...

Anna Evans's Avatar Senior Member

these are so pretty! I love the butterflies!

Ohai, Vex! Haven't seen you around in a while. The armwarmers are my favorite aspect of the outfit too. They were also mostly Izta's idea; I'll have to pass on what you guys liked best, because she's always telling me her ideas aren't the ones getting the spotlight.

Thank you Mystoo, Anna. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    You should see what we've got lining the sidewalks here in Amsterdam.
    now you've got me curious. amsterdam is one of the countries you can legally smoke weed at right? shit, as long as i can smoke me some weed and be able to buy it without needing a translating from english to another language dictionary i might just have to go out and buy my ass a passport and find out lol

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

dont take this the wrong way. im not sure if it is just the colours you used or nt, but the whole set reminds me of Emilie Autumn. a mix of "delicate fragility" and an Alice in wonderland vibe.

very nice indeed.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

great pics again. there's just one thing: I can't really see the clothes well enough, and I really want to because I think I like them. they are either covered by her hair, or cut off in the shot, and I want to see them! but hey, they are still fabulous photos artistically. could we please see a better picture of that complete outfit? I bet its something I would wear.

aXa - S'cool, EA is entirely too popular here to avoid the comparison. The last edition of our only national goth festival actually featured an 'Emilie Autumn Lookalike Content'; it made the flyer a good laugh, but the cyberkids telling Izta to participate get the death stare.

Voltaire - Thanks! Hum. The photobucket album they're linked from, here, should be public and contains a few more pictures. That's all we ended up photoshopping and uploading though, and I don't think there's anything much better in the takeouts either. We're notoriously bad at plain full body shots; the effort we put in shoes and legwarmers is almost perpetually wasted.

+ Reply to Thread