+ Reply to Thread

Thread: are you lookin forward ot wolverine?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default are you lookin forward ot wolverine?

thought i'd bringt hsi up cus it's pretty big out here. they're holding the premiere in tempe for the new "x" film wolverine origins, one of two planned prequels to the successful x-men franchise that marvel put out. (the second prequel is supposed to be about magneto but who knows if its gonna be made.)

anyways, it looks pretty badass personally, especially if you're a big wolverine fan and if you were dying to see gambit in one fo the x-men films, your wait is over cus he's in this one along with what looks like bishop too but i could be wrong on bishop.

it also looks like apocolypse may be in this film which is one of the villians i wanted to see in the x films along with the sentinels (which were only in a danger room sequence in the third one)

anyways, any x-fans looking forward to it?

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Default Re: are you lookin forward ot wolverine?

I already saw it.
    Because im totally guilty of pirating.
    But i thought it was pretty effin rad.
    :]

okay. was deadpool any good in it? i jsut saw he was on the list of characters in it.

didnt see apocolypse so tha tmust have been weapon xi i as thinking was apoc. but yay! deadpool, gambit and the white queen are in it.

also checked ad there's two more x-titles in production, both prequels: x-men origins magneto and x-men first class.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    okay. was deadpool any good in it?
    He's in it, but they apparently sodomized his original origin and storyline. I haven't seen "Wolverine" yet (though you can bet I'll be there opening day), but my cousin downloaded the unfinished version (only a few CG effects incomplete, but otherwise the entire movie) and told me just enough about it to keep me interested. But yes... Deadpool supposedly got the biggest and most unnecessary makeover of any of the characters. Sad, I say... but I'll have to reserve final judgment for when I've seen the thing myself.

watched it on saturday
    was bad and downloaded it lol
    good film, i liked it better than most of the X-men films

I wanted to see more of Gambit thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Aza
    He's in it, but they apparently sodomized his original origin and storyline. I haven't seen "Wolverine" yet (though you can bet I'll be there opening day), but my cousin downloaded the unfinished version (only a few CG effects incomplete, but otherwise the entire movie) and told me just enough about it to keep me interested. But yes... Deadpool supposedly got the biggest and most unnecessary makeover of any of the characters. Sad, I say... but I'll have to reserve final judgment for when I've seen the thing myself.
    i wouldnt be surprised if they did butcher him up lol

it's kinda hard to keep a movie serious with a character like deadpool since he's known for having a deadpan sense of humor and never shuts up well, except for that one time where he had his jaw wired shut but other than that.......(he made mention of that in x-force no.2 or 3. it's been too long to remember)

honestly, they've took a blender to alot of the characters in the x-films. take psyloche for example, she was one of the rebels in the last stand (the one who was always with the spikey dude from linkin park and the tg havoc wannabe)

and nightcrawler...well, okay. they got as close as they could to wagner in it but he's actually covered in a fine blue fur it's not skin.

and juggernaut? please. firstly he's not a mutant. he's just a guy in magical armor that can't be removed-including the helmet-but hwere's the fun in that?

it looks liek they may have tweaked gambit's abilities a bit too seeing as i dont recall him being able to do anythign aside from kinetically charging things making them highly combustiable.

but meh, i liked them and i'm still gonna check this one out once the crowds have died down. nothing worse than sitting in a crowded movie theatre.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

after seeing a comercial, I'm ready to be disapointed

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I wanna see it. I maght take my little bro out to the movies that day

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

It looks good, but I have a feeling that it's going to be one of those where all the good parts were in the previews.

oh i hope it isnt one of those kind of movies.

honestly, i dunno why but im more excited about seeing deadpool in it than i am wolverine or gambit.

the movie was overall enjoyable but umm...if you're wanting to see Deadpool....I'd save your money or leave halfway through the film. There is a pretty thick line between butchering a character and butchering a character and then raping its skull. They crossed that line by quite a few yards..

I wouldn't have been half as disappointed but they picked the perfect person to play Deadpool and then the end you'll see what I mean.

Who gives a shit about deadpool?

i'm being facetious. I like him. BUT....

The movie is called WOLVERINE. You're going to complain because they took a minor character and then gave him a minor role and it didn't steal the show? He's not supposed to be anything more than filler and an inside reference to comic fans.

The fact that he's in it at all bugs me. They are going to take 50 x-men and give them each 10 seconds of screen time. it's unnecessary, distracting and won't impress anyone. A real bone headed move proving once again that movie makers don't understand comic book fans.

Wolverine, Sabertooth, maybe one or two people at the end.That's it. If this is a real prequel to the X-men films it showed that Wolverine didn't know any other mutants before the first movie, so for him to have met all the X-men doesn't make sense.

Gotta keep it simple.

Yeah... Das Hollywood paradox. Sequel and First X-men don't add up.

About Deadpool, he is a part of the weapon X and one of the wolverines enemies so it's expected for him to be around.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

If you step out of your fanboy/girl shoes long enough to watch the movie, then you will be ok with it. If you can't, then you will get pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Who gives a shit about deadpool?

i'm being facetious. I like him. BUT....

The movie is called WOLVERINE. You're going to complain because they took a minor character and then gave him a minor role and it didn't steal the show? He's not supposed to be anything more than filler and an inside reference to comic fans.

The fact that he's in it at all bugs me. They are going to take 50 x-men and give them each 10 seconds of screen time. it's unnecessary, distracting and won't impress anyone. A real bone headed move proving once again that movie makers don't understand comic book fans.

Wolverine, Sabertooth, maybe one or two people at the end.That's it. If this is a real prequel to the X-men films it showed that Wolverine didn't know any other mutants before the first movie, so for him to have met all the X-men doesn't make sense.

Gotta keep it simple.
    You got a point. although i can see why they'd put deadpool in it because he was a weapon x project as well.
    Blob, frost and cyclops i don't get though and I think they threw gambit in because of how popular a character he is. but yeah, it does look a bit busy with all the other mutants in it.

but then again, wolverine kinda suffers from amnesia in the x-films too so he could have very well have met them and just not remembered it being as eveyrthing was pretty much erased from his mind after he destroyed the weapon x facility in canada.

I like the original Wolverine origin better where he actually was in Japan, and world war I and the old west, instead of the new one where those are just false memories and he was born in the 30's.

yeah. marvel kinda flubbed his origin a bit after that part in the series where magneto sucked all the adamantium out of his body and he popped out bone claws cus originally the claws were implanted inside him as part of the weapon x project.

wow, he's suppose dto be born in the 30s now? that's lame. they have flash backs of him fighting alongside captain america in the comics too. no way he would have been old enough to have done that if he was born in the thirties, that's almost as lame as the origin of bullseye where they had him as a baseball pitcher.

or when marvel explained that norman osbourne actually worked for the government creating supervillians to keep the heroes in check before deciding to become the green goblin.

i liked comic books before they felt they had to be clever.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

actually marvels kind of turned me off the wolverine thing cause there's just so many titles now that it's just too much o keep up with.........

...besides I still got the very first miniseries so I can always just reread that...........the eighties wolverine still rules

yeah, Millers wolvie was the best.

I'm not positive about the 30's, but he's only supposed to be like 40 or 50, instead of 70 or 80. There's like an affair and a murder and his dad is a serial killer or something. it's lame. and his name isn't really Logan.

yeah, Millers wolvie was the best.

I'm not positive about the 30's, but he's only supposed to be like 40 or 50, instead of 70 or 80. There's like an affair and a murder and his dad is a serial killer or something. it's lame. and his name isn't really Logan.
    oh I guess he's supposed to be like 100, so they made him even older. And currently he did fight in wwII and encounter captain America. I'm getting the different origins mixed up.

oh I guess he's supposed to be like 100, so they made him even older. And currently he did fight in wwII and encounter captain America. I'm getting the different origins mixed up.
    yeah that makles more sense. I mean, he's not imortal but his "healing factor" make shim age really reallly really slowly same with saber tooth.he was actually in the short lived x-men 2999 (or was it 2099) title too but he was basically just an immobile adamantium skeleton by then that communicated telepathically. aside from the spidey, doom and punisher title, that series was kinda lame.

+ Reply to Thread