+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Madonna & Kabbalah - what do you think about it?!

Default Madonna & Kabbalah - what do you think about it?!

what's your opinion on the whole kabbalah thing? madonna changes her name into "Esther", out of positive power-reason...

to my mind, it was okay to start all the yoga and healthier living, but the kabbalah...I don't know...seems to me like a modern sect, which becomes more and more hip these days...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Madonna & Kabbalah - what do you think about it?!

Whatever keeps her out of acting in movies is ok in my book.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I understand why stars who feel constrained by who they are feel drawn to using a new name so they can be a new person. But it never works. I mean, if it works for anyone, it will work for Madonna. She has been known to be the exception before.

I think people just cast her badly. She was okay in Who's That Girl? and fabulous and perfect in Desperately Seeking Susan. I love Guy Ritchie, but he couldn't direct her in a freaking internet BMW commercial.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'll admit she was good in Dick Tracy also...

She is cast badly that's true...but she's partly to blame too...she has a much smaller range as an actress than she does as a musician...if she accepted that long ago she could have been a real force in Hollyweird.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I'll admit she was good in Dick Tracy also...

She is cast badly that's true...but she's partly to blame too...she has a much smaller range as an actress than she does as a musician...if she accepted that long ago she could have been a real force in Hollyweird.
    True that. I think directors are either intimidated by her or trying to hard to demonstrate that they are not intimidated and that exacerbates the problem.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Evita was a good example of both sides finding an even level...too bad no one cared to see a 3 hour film starring Madonna...even if she did sing all the way through it. She was heavily underrated in that performance.

Evita was a good example of both sides finding an even level...too bad no one cared to see a 3 hour film starring Madonna...even if she did sing all the way through it. She was heavily underrated in that performance.
    you are right! it was a great deal...she did well in EVITA and her performance was really stunning..I did watch the film and liked it. I also like Body Of Evidence or Sweapt Away...

I think, Madonna should stay the way she is and should not change in any way..she's in the mid-40ies so she should be the person she became in all the years...

Just don't think she's that interesting an actress- she's always just Madonna- (nothing wrong with that though)- no range or whatever..
    P.

and your little dog too

with the exception of Desperately Seeking Susan I loathe all of Madonna's acting attempts

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

I once saw an episode of The Simpsons, where the kids were arguing...Bart said ..."Everybody knows that Wicca is just some Hollywood craze!" and Lisa replied "No, that's Kabbalah, stupid!" then they duked it out. I laughed out loud. Since when does the so-called "religion" of some famous person have any bearing on our lives at all?! And they're right, there are these silly Hollywood crazes of religion and what's the "cool and hip" one at the time. We've seen it all. Budism, Wiccan and now Kabbalah, not to mention Christianity. Fuck, the makes movies about them. I don't take my entertainment with a side order of religion, thank you very much.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

good point midnite cliche, I was going to say a similiar thing, so I'll concentrate on Maddona herself. I think she's a bitch. She's always bashing on how much america sucks, but I never heard her say a fucking word about how bad our system is and how exploitive this country is when millions of people were buying her records, but since she has no talent and everyone hates her, all the sudden she's a bleeding heart liberal. She can kiss my ass, her and her fucking pepsi endorsements and giving millions to people who basically contribute nothing to society ( Ie: actors, sports stars, etc.) while people are working two jobs to be able to eat is what's wrong with this country. I'm glad that she found a sense of spirituality, hope that holds her over when the day comes when she's ugly, alone, and all her money is dried up and gone and her life is down the drain and amounted to nothing to make the world a better, worthwhile place.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    amounted to nothing to make the world a better, worthwhile place.
    America-bashing aside, Madonna seems to still keep a strong fan base, in despite of what she seems to do. There will be people who will say that her acting is exceptionally brilliant and her singing is still up to par and that what she does is fabulous. I'm not saying i'm one of those people though. The problem is that this is not only just for Madonna but to most other celeberties as well. One could argue that ALL celeberties are idiots too.

Mother Superior

I never liked that woman. She is fucking irritating. I don't give a fuck if "Esther" jumps in the river. Her fan base started here in Detroit at local gay clubs, and has remained there with gays who enjoy dancing to her music. I know she has fans that aren't gay, obvioulsy, but that's where this bitch got her start. I am not anti-gay, I am just stating a fact. I think she has no talent. She is rich, yeah I'd love that kind of cash but only in America can a airhead like that be a multi-millionaire. William Hung is also a millionaire now, heh. She Bangs!

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

She bangs!

I don't think Madonna ever said America sucks. Her supposedly banned video which got played on CNN instead of MTV said the American system had given her a lot but she was not yet satisfied, that we could be better.

Any workaholic or perfectionist always sees room for improvement and that is optimism not an insult.

There are plenty of people who wanted what Madonna got and she didn't come from a crazy wealthy show biz family, but she is the one who got what she got, so, whether or not one likes her music or acting, ya gotta admit she had to bring something extra to the table.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

back to the subject of her and kabbala. kabbala isnt a modern thing its actually quite old however it is ussually only studied by rabbis and people deeply into the jewish faith because it requires a base knowledge of judaism to really understand it. It is really just a very broad reinterpritation of the torah that allot jews bellieve to be total bullshit but if it works for madonna I guess thats her thing but i didnt think she was jewish oh well and by the way her acting really does suck

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

madonna is a attention whore...like most people in her line of work.

this whole kabbalah deal is just another example of that...it's just maddonna holding up a big sign that reads "hey look at me i'm still here,remember me i'm the like a virgin girl,remember" ...and thats all it is

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think if someone makes a life choice to be an entertainer, it's not really reasonable to fault them because they crave attention. That's their job really. There are rather a lot of interesting insights one can gain from ancient texts and systems such as the Kabbalah and I think it's cool that people work hard to expand their understanding of the world around them.

there is no religion for me... there are just rules that surrounds us
    god is just strange and horrifying word, maded from our fear before death

and what's that... kabbalah?

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

call me souless, but I'd do "attention getting shit" to have that kind of money too. She probably sits back and laughs at the suckers who contributed to her millions. She, and all of us, shouldn't really give a shit what other people think anyways. I'm not a fan, but do agree with Amelia is saying give the chick some props for managing to scam those millions, because obviously people are still buying into it.

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I think if someone makes a life choice to be an entertainer, it's not really reasonable to fault them because they crave attention. That's their job really. There are rather a lot of interesting insights one can gain from ancient texts and systems such as the Kabbalah and I think it's cool that people work hard to expand their understanding of the world around them.
    this may sound crazy but when i said attention whore i didn't mean it in a bad way...lol. i simply meant that people that chose that life chose it because crave and want the attention that comes with it.

+ Reply to Thread