+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you have a gender preference for coworkers?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you have a gender preference for coworkers?

It may be illegal some places to discriminate, but do you have a gender preference for coworkers? If so, which gender do you prefer to work with and why?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: Do you have a gender preference for coworkers?

I think a total mix of half and half would be perfect for me. Just as long as the half and half also hold higher, as well as, lower positions with the company.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I have yet to see a woman in my field so I really don't think about things like that. And I really can't imagine what sort of woman would want to do what I do anyway.

I was the only girl in the shop I worked at when I was a mechanic. It was kinda cool being the only girl but I'd love to see more women in traditionally male dominated fields.

I tend to get along with guys better but as long as the people I am working with are doing their job I don't really care what gender they are.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I like it when women are managers. A manager is someone who needs rto get people working together and to have his or her shit together, and women are usually better at multitasking and less likely to wave their cock around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    I like it when women are managers. A manager is someone who needs rto get people working together and to have his or her shit together, and women are usually better at multitasking and less likely to wave their cock around.
    Really depends on the woman.

Being in banking, I've known alot of woman that have told me they like men managers more for EXACTLY the same reason you like women managers. They say men have their shit together better and aren't as emotional, aren't as "catty" as women, can multitask without getting totally stressed out and usually don't throw their power around like they're She-Ra. So, who knows. I, myself, have seen the same bad traits in both genders.

Well, the field I work in is 99.8% male dominated, so there's little cattiness.
    It's a sausagefest, man.

Banks are more gender mixed.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Army aviation is male dominated, and I honestly prefer it a bit. Mostly because I don't have to worry about my language or jokes hurting people's feelings. Plus, with this field, every woman I've had in the shop (which is only 2 really) wanted to be treated like a man, but as soon as we sent her to do work she complained and tried to girl her way out of it.

Otherwise, I don't really care as long as long as any women I work with don't expect special treatment because she has tits and a vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Otherwise, I don't really care as long as long as any women I work with don't expect special treatment because she has tits and a vagina.
    Well, it's a natural human condition to expect special treatment if that's what you're often given.

I mean, in life, women are desired commodities, and as Chris Rock said, everything a guy asks a girl since she turns 13 has the subtext of "do you want some dick?" I can't imagine going through life as a fundamentally desired item, and in many workplaces, being courted into the field and given all kinds of perks and suchlike to redress gender balances....

I mean, I'm a software engineer, and frankly, given the fact that it's a sausage party any woman in the room is frankly special just for being there. God help her if she's cute, the shy sighing comments behind her back start the moment she goes off with her awesome boyfriend.

Unless you're talking about the "I am woman, hear me roar" types. I can't imagine why anyone would be like that, frankly.

Really I like a fairly even mix. Any place I have worked that has been strongly dominated by one or the other seems to bring out the worst traits of the dominant group.
    • No women meant things like hygene and decency tend to get chucked out the window cause a few always want to "just be guys"
    • One or two women and every one gets awkward.
    • When I was the only guy women would do the same kind of things guys do. Not just relax, but though courtesy and such out the window often forgetting that I was the penis bearing gender.

Get a good mix and most people will act like people.

I prefer working with people who work, who are good at the job they do, and/or who i can learn from.

Ingridsca1's Avatar Member

In general, I don't like co-workers, no matter what gender.

In whatever salon I'm in I like to have between 4 and 5 hot female coworkers and 1-2 male. When it's all women they forget I'm a dude and I get to listen to real girl talk and those dark invocations are woven through with enough eldrich power to destroy the sanity of any man.

Well, the field I work in is 99.8% male dominated, so there's little cattiness.
    It's a sausagefest, man.

Banks are more gender mixed.
    No....Banks are more woman populated. Probably about 85% woman and 15% men. It definietly isn't my perfect preference. I'd much rather have it be more gender mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    No....Banks are more woman populated. Probably about 85% woman and 15% men. It definietly isn't my perfect preference. I'd much rather have it be more gender mixed.
    Which beats 99% male and 1% female in terms of mix...

Which beats 99% male and 1% female in terms of mix...
    Sometime yes...Sometimes no. You'd be amazed what happens when you're the only dude in the office and one of the ladies have just had a fight with their MAN. Guess who gets anger than tossed at them because they were born with a penis?

Dude, women have a perma-hate on for me regardless of whether they got in a fight with someone with a penis or not......

The other day a Latino co-worker was describing how him and his buddies used to catcall cute girls, and the only girl in the goddamn place turns ON ME and goes "SEE????? That's why we HATE being hit on by single men!!!!!"

And **I** said FUCK ALL! Before, during or after.

Dude, women have a perma-hate on for me regardless of whether they got in a fight with someone with a penis or not......

The other day a Latino co-worker was describing how him and his buddies used to catcall cute girls, and the only girl in the goddamn place turns ON ME and goes "SEE????? That's why we HATE being hit on by single men!!!!!"

And **I** said FUCK ALL! Before, during or after.
    And so you want to work with more women why?

No, I want them to manage. That means they're in totally different offices acting as human shields against actual customers, and providing things like computers and network connections and hardware I need.

Poor, poor BP. I am a manager...working with other woman managers. Do you honestly believe the estrogen and feelings they have disappear when when take on a higher position? No. Usually they do their best to hide them, but sooner or later, they're bound to explode into an ugly disposition.

And definietly nothing against women. Guys have a funny little thing called testosterone and they also hold it and then explode at not the best times...

For me...I usually work best at letting out little sarcastic remarks when my employees piss me off to no end. I know me and I know that if I don't....Sooner or later....Fuckin' ba-boom!

Welcome to being human.

Women...Men...We all have feelings...That's just how it goes....

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think i'd rather work with men. If I told a man to suck my dick, even if he was john wayne, he might kick my ass, but I wouldn't get in trouble for sexual harassment.

women aren't any fun. sorry ladies, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory

women aren't any fun. sorry ladies, but it's true.
    Hey, I used to set things on fire at work. If that isn't fun I don't know what is!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Ok, you're cool.

It really depends on the type of work.

I don't mind either gender really for coworkers. As long as they do their shit im fine. But you always -always- have one or two people that slack off and dick around all day.

As far as managers I guess I prefer women. They're usually easier to get along with. I have a low threshold for being bossed around/ordered to do things. if its my job thats fine, just ask me to go do something and I'll do it. I like working and do a good job. But when the boss is like "HEY YOU GO DO THIS SHIT NOW" I tend to be an ass.

During the summer out of highschool I worked for a Staples store and the manager every day would give me shit about something. After awhile he'd look at me and I'd just stare through him like i wanted him to die. In the backroom one day he was with me and a coworker and he asked us to break a pallet for him and I smashed it and yelled "Fuck YEAH!" and looked up at him. While breaking it I was thinking of him and when I looked up at him I think he knew it.

/puts his dick away.

anyway, yeah coworkers = don't care, managers/bosses = prefer women due to less dickwaving/orders

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

In all honesty, when speaking about managers, I prefer men. I've been promoted/rewarded at other jobs before and of course jealous people said I was banging the manager, who actually happened to be smoking hot and I would have jumped at the chance. But, because of the rumors, I ended up leaving the place.

That, and I'll do anything I'm asked to by a set of tits (sorry, I'm usually staring at them anyway) and have gotten into trouble for that before.

+ Reply to Thread