+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Judgemental Miss California Busted for Naughty Pics

Default Re: Judgemental Miss California Busted for Naughty Pics

Except that, by virtue of being Ms California, she has exposure that the homeless guy does not.

But I think Trump has put it all back into perspective.

She is hot, controversy keep the pageant relevant. The pageant is not about beliefs, or intelligence or politics, it's about marketability and this girl is still marketable. What the girl thinks or says is unimportant, but the T-shirt.

This is a 180 on my view, but trump did remind me that I hat the miss america contest and everything it stands for. It is one of the most exploitative things I can think of. It lays down unrealistic rules for the women involved, and drops them if it raises the cash value of the women to the pageant.

For fucks sake, they put Perez Hilton on TV and had him judge women. How screwed up is that?

But her claim that she is not an activist is really undermined by working for NOM.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

OM NOM NOM NOM

Thread drama is drama

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Except that, by virtue of being Ms California, she has exposure that the homeless guy does not.

But I think Trump has put it all back into perspective.

She is hot, controversy keep the pageant relevant. The pageant is not about beliefs, or intelligence or politics, it's about marketability and this girl is still marketable. What the girl thinks or says is unimportant, but the T-shirt.

This is a 180 on my view, but trump did remind me that I hat the miss america contest and everything it stands for. It is one of the most exploitative things I can think of. It lays down unrealistic rules for the women involved, and drops them if it raises the cash value of the women to the pageant.

For fucks sake, they put Perez Hilton on TV and had him judge women. How screwed up is that?

But her claim that she is not an activist is really undermined by working for NOM.

Synchronicity on the homeless guy

This week, Donald Trump stated that Celebrity Apprentice was just renewed for the 9th season. Let's see, that British dude was the first Celebrity Apprentice. Joan Rivers is now the second. Does 1+1=9? If not, then Donald Trump and his revolting values are not a very helpful perspective.

I kind of feel like saying Perez Hilton is not fit to judge a pageant is saying the only thing which matters about pageant girls is how doable they are. Still, the debate over whether pageants are fab or suck in general or suck as they are practiced by Trump specifically is a different issue from whether or not it is okay to criticize someone in public for something awful they said in public.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    OM NOM NOM NOM

Thread drama is drama

On Blue Blood, I'd like to see, and generally do see, intelligent discussion of difficult issues and not drama. I think Bat is the only one who posted in this thread who felt dramatic. It is too bad he got all personal, but I'd like to keep the number of folks with the drama to a total of one. Please post, ya know, your opinions and views, not Jerry Springer hooting.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I kind of feel like saying Perez Hilton is not fit to judge a pageant is saying the only thing which matters about pageant girls is how doable they are.

Wait, seriously? There's another factor which matters in a pageant?

I was trying to lighten the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Wait, seriously? There's another factor which matters in a pageant?
    What, you want em for their brains?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    If the homeless guy on the corner by your office were given a megaphone to television and the internet, such that lots of people would hear his jackass opinion, then it would be culturally important for the opposing non-jackass opinion to be stated to at least as wide an audience. Because we live in a representative democracy, it matters what the common man thinks and the common man is influenced by media. If we lived in an oligarchy, then it would only matter what people in government thought, but that ain't how it is.

For the record, you have really ignorant homeless people where you work. Jews do not eat babies. The homeless people near where I work just think they are about to drop charting albums or have sex with famous people . . . and they are at least sometimes right.
    Are you sure? Because I could have sworn, I heard Jews eat babies.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Wow, I missed out on all the excitement!

I should clarify. When I said that PH should not be allowed to judge women I did not mean based on beauty. I meant, PH should not be put into a position to judge people professionally.

PH is famous for outing gay celebrities and calling britteny spears fat. I say that having Perez Hilton as a judge shows that the contest is mostly about who is doable since the man has never showed any interest in class, talent or poise.

As far as making fun of or even attacking (verbally) Ms California, I don't even have a beef with that. I hate that once again Miss America is selling scandal, and that it is giving credence to the people who claim there is a gay agenda.

She is turning every slight against her into an attack on her free speech rights. She is pulling the "woe is me, they are persecuting me for being a good little christian girl". And she is getting away with it.

I think we can safely guess that these photos would have come out no matter what her answer was, because she was famous. Now they are suddenly an attack on her, because she is christian and spoke her mind even though she clearly said, "I don't mean to offend anyone."

Really, she doesn't have a voice as miss america. Name a cause supported by any of the last 10 miss america's without looking it up. She has a voice as a victim of the anti-christian gay-agenda. Hell she will probably be selling pepsi or one of the judges on the next season of celebrity apprentice.

I have grown to hate the girl. Not because of her answer, but because of all her behavior afterwords. But attacking her really is just helping her at this point. Probably not here, but on the bigger scale. Perez Hilton has done more to keep her status and surrogate jesus than all her years of pageant training.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

Tricked while naked. HATE it when that happens. :P

+ Reply to Thread