+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Judgemental Miss California Busted for Naughty Pics

Default Judgemental Miss California Busted for Naughty Pics

Yesterday, gossip site The Dirty reported that they have exclusive nude photos of Miss California Carrie Prejean. Now the winner of Donald Trump...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Judgemental Miss California Busted for Naughty Pics

I love it how, at least with this girl, one faux pas, even if it was poorly place, ill timed and obviously not thought out /completely/ under the circumstances will get you one step closer to third world taliban reactions. Let's just drag the bitch out and hang her already huh?

She says "no offense to anybody out there" and that she was "raised that way" - OMG! Let's kill her parents too! So she was raised that way - so were millions of other people. Better get a bigger taliban.

I mean yea, she's obviously not a critical thinker and her 'campaign' is asinine and smells like a fall-out plan based on opportunity that once again, her lack of critical thinking skills have perhaps landed her into it, but when I saw her say what she did, I didn't see a prejudiced homo-hating venom streak in her, I saw her try to, as best she could, express her personal value system based on how she was brought up in her world.

The fact that The Dirtys website poll asking if she should "lose her crown?" is so biased (their NO answer is a personal stab against her rather then an impartial "NO") basically proves my point. The entire article is band-wagon bullshit. Ironically, more people DID choose NO.

Actually I meant to point out that really BOTH Yes and No answers on The Dirty's poll are just stabs at her rather then asking it flat out like a poll should:

> Yes, she is a hypocrite.

So they're saying strip her of her crown because she's a lesbian marrying another woman? Certainly The Dirty isn't stupid enough to say because she has a picture in her underwear that she somehow is a hypocrite to the subject matter at hand: Her comments.

> No, she is my role model.

So if you vote no, you're also put on the taliban list?

Great journalism The Dirty... Take a CNN story and twist it with writing on images and making silly polls - "Blogs" like The Dirty bore me...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    . . .

Great journalism The Dirty... Take a CNN story and twist it with writing on images and making silly polls - "Blogs" like The Dirty bore me...

The CNN story is actually based on the post from The Dirty, among other sources, not the other way around.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Shit like this just boggles my mind.
    If you want to throw your vag and stick&berries to the whole wide world.
    Then you should be able to do so without fuckers being all up in your business.

I mean yes, you are somewhat of a celebrity, it comes with it for people to be nosey, but damn.

I think people of the world need to realize that we are moving forward, scratching surfaces never done before, and just go with the flow of times.

Quote Originally Posted by ROGIZOID
    Shit like this just boggles my mind.
    If you want to throw your vag and stick&berries to the whole wide world.
    Then you should be able to do so without fuckers being all up in your business.

I mean yes, you are somewhat of a celebrity, it comes with it for people to be nosey, but damn.

I think people of the world need to realize that we are moving forward, scratching surfaces never done before, and just go with the flow of times.

I agree. Except I also think you should be able to marry the person you love and spend your life with. Without fuckers being all up in your business.

and your little dog too

I love it how, at least with this girl, one faux pas, even if it was poorly place, ill timed and obviously not thought out /completely/ under the circumstances will get you one step closer to third world taliban reactions. Let's just drag the bitch out and hang her already huh?

She says "no offense to anybody out there" and that she was "raised that way" - OMG! Let's kill her parents too! So she was raised that way - so were millions of other people. Better get a bigger taliban.

I mean yea, she's obviously not a critical thinker and her 'campaign' is asinine and smells like a fall-out plan based on opportunity that once again, her lack of critical thinking skills have perhaps landed her into it, but when I saw her say what she did, I didn't see a prejudiced homo-hating venom streak in her, I saw her try to, as best she could, express her personal value system based on how she was brought up in her world.

The fact that The Dirtys website poll asking if she should "lose her crown?" is so biased (their NO answer is a personal stab against her rather then an impartial "NO") basically proves my point. The entire article is band-wagon bullshit. Ironically, more people DID choose NO.

no offense but are you some kind of iraq-war-loving gay-marriage-hating jesus freak?

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Agreed, Amelia.
    And as a side note, how is that even a "naughty" photo? I know I'm a perv and my standards are in the gutter, but yeesh.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I agree. Except I also think you should be able to marry the person you love and spend your life with. Without fuckers being all up in your business.

ONLY IF WE COULD RULE THE WORLD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toxicat
    Agreed, Amelia.
    And as a side note, how is that even a "naughty" photo? I know I'm a perv and my standards are in the gutter, but yeesh.

I totally agree that, by any normal American's standards, that is not a naughty photo. By the bizarre Puritan standards of the Miss USA pageant, however, which she was subject to while competing, they are naughty pictures. Specifically, there is a question all competitors are asked about whether they have ever posed nude or partially nude . . . and Miss California Carrie Prejean claimed she never had.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I totally agree that, by any normal American's standards, that is not a naughty photo. By the bizarre Puritan standards of the Miss USA pageant, however, which she was subject to while competing, they are naughty pictures. Specifically, there is a question all competitors are asked about whether they have ever posed nude or partially nude . . . and Miss California Carrie Prejean claimed she never had.
    Unless you're wearing goggles over a ski-mask on top of a burkha, isn't every picture of anyone ever, partially nude?

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

The rules and such for the Miss America/Miss USA pageants are can be very Puritan. While I was in college a friend of mine and I were looking for an apartment together when she ending up winning a local pageant and was in the running for the Miss North Carolina crown. She was so concerned about how the organizers of the Miss NC Pageant would interpret their own rules and her possibly getting removed from the pageant because she had a male roommate that she had to back out of our plans to room together. Yeesh!

Though I was amused that she had told me if she was asked who her role model was, she was going to answer Vanessa Williams because of how she persevered and succeeded despite what happened to her and the Miss America crown.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    The rules and such for the Miss America/Miss USA pageants are can be very Puritan. While I was in college a friend of mine and I were looking for an apartment together when she ending up winning a local pageant and was in the running for the Miss North Carolina crown. She was so concerned about how the organizers of the Miss NC Pageant would interpret their own rules and her possibly getting removed from the pageant because she had a male roommate that she had to back out of our plans to room together. Yeesh!

Though I was amused that she had told me if she was asked who her role model was, she was going to answer Vanessa Williams because of how she persevered and succeeded despite what happened to her and the Miss America crown.

I've always been amused by the fact that the one pageant winner everyone can name is Vanessa Williams. Goes to show that naughty pics are a plus. (Except for a hypocrite like Carrie Prejean who gets implants and then talks about what is natural according to the Bible regarding other people's freedoms and rights.)

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Ahhhh...Some bimbo doesn't like gay marriage. Who cares? The world is full of ignorant people. I mean really...Do you think because some mindless beauty queen is against it, that it's actually going to change somebody's views of same sex marriage? Fuck no. Those that were against it and those that were for it will still stay in their respective camps. Anybody who is stupid enough to be swayed by what she says probably wouldn't want the easily swayed person in their camp any way.

On a note though...Were these professionally done photos that were signed off on to be later used by a professional photographer?

The CNN story is actually based on the post from The Dirty, among other sources, not the other way around.
    Hmm... I saw CNN reference Dirty but Dirty's site didn't seem to have all the copy CNN did.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    no offense but are you some kind of iraq-war-loving gay-marriage-hating jesus freak?
    ??? Someone who obviously doesn't know me -

No, nothing of the sort - why would you even remotely think such a thing?

Im sure now that she's opened this door, someone would of found a baby picture of her half naked and posted it claiming heresy to the pageant way. I assume the pageant rules specifically outlined the definition of "Nude" as by what they're showing of her now (they claim there are OTHER pictures), there's nothing showing that would classify that as Nude. No nipple - underwear is bigger then average pageant bikini fare...

Now what would be funny is if the drunken obligatory lesbian kiss gets out

Hmm... I saw CNN reference Dirty but Dirty's site didn't seem to have all the copy CNN did.

Right. So, if The Dirty did not reference CNN and CNN did reference The Dirty, is there another way to interpret that besides CNN used The Dirty as a source to base their article on?

Right. So, if The Dirty did not reference CNN and CNN did reference The Dirty, is there another way to interpret that besides CNN used The Dirty as a source to base their article on?
    It looks like one of the links that used to go to The Dirty is gone now (error 401) of which when I was on their site I thought they had linked back to or quoted CNN in some manner as to continue the hype simply because they were in the article... - nothing wrong with CNN citing The Dirty if they 'broke' the picture - I think my point though is getting lost with this however

I was talking about how The Dirty, and others, are bending over backwards to rip into this girl, no matter how stupid her comment was, based on a 'Lord of the Flies' reaction rather then taking into account that people sometimes are simply brought up differently and, oh my god, can also /possibly/ be nice, non-mean spirited people who by the ways of being brought up by someone else end up being crucified for it.

I have no doubt that some people won't understand what I'm saying (like karyn for example) for the same fact that today in class at college, some kids still thought AIDS was a 'Gay Disease' if out of nothing but ignorance. When corrected, they were genuinely concerned as to how someone could of possibly lied to them or simply not have talked to them about it (read: parents) enough for them to have even questioned it in a large classroom.

So whatever on CNN or The Dirty - I just don't see much difference between The Dirty bending over backwards to perpetuate her online stoning to those "iraq-war-loving gay-marriage-hating jesus freaks" as karyn so eloquently put it.

It looks like one of the links that used to go to The Dirty is gone now (error 401) of which when I was on their site I thought they had linked back to or quoted CNN in some manner as to continue the hype simply because they were in the article... - nothing wrong with CNN citing The Dirty if they 'broke' the picture - I think my point though is getting lost with this however

I was talking about how The Dirty, and others, are bending over backwards to rip into this girl, no matter how stupid her comment was, based on a 'Lord of the Flies' reaction rather then taking into account that people sometimes are simply brought up differently and, oh my god, can also /possibly/ be nice, non-mean spirited people who by the ways of being brought up by someone else end up being crucified for it.

I have no doubt that some people won't understand what I'm saying (like karyn for example) for the same fact that today in class at college, some kids still thought AIDS was a 'Gay Disease' if out of nothing but ignorance. When corrected, they were genuinely concerned as to how someone could of possibly lied to them or simply not have talked to them about it (read: parents) enough for them to have even questioned it in a large classroom.

So whatever on CNN or The Dirty - I just don't see much difference between The Dirty bending over backwards to perpetuate her online stoning to those "iraq-war-loving gay-marriage-hating jesus freaks" as karyn so eloquently put it.

Looks like the link got changed when an update was added to the post today, but you can still see it on The Dirty now and that is correct that they did break the story. So far there are 1,932 comments on the story on The Dirty and they are like an epic poem of bigotry.

I'm not being Lord of the Flies and stoning Piggy here; I've got a well thought-out opinion and I strongly believe that what Carrie Prejean espouses is un-American and deeply morally wrong. Denying someone else the right to get married is not a matter of opinion; it is denying someone a basic cornerstone of freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

Plus, don't you think it is hypocritical for someone to claim their religious upbringing is what brings them to the iron clad conclusion that gay marriage is wrong and they must do everything within their power to combat it and save "opposite marriage" . . . when the person trying to steal the opportunity for lifetime love from others is:

(1) the daughter of divorced parents
    (2) changed her natural body with breast implants paid for under shady circumstances
    (3) lied on her pageant application
    (4) competes in pageants which many staunch Xtians oppose

Oh I think it's horrible for anyone to deny someone else the right to get married and I never said else-wise. I think Carrie put her foot way into her mouth on her response - What I find a bit alarming is the inability for people to step back and think that maybe this person, just maybe, was fed real shitty information from her parents (usually the case) or her peers (another possibility) growing up or, as you pointed out, from her religious upbringing.

You see, the issue here is deeper then this surface finger pointing - it's the overblown crucifying attitude that sites like The Dirty fuel - Making partial poles where the YES/NO are followed by little snipets of snide sarcasm - I mean fine, sites do what they want - go America - freedom of speech - yadda yadda - I'm all for that - but what I'm saying is what's next?

Remember those poor kids who's white trash fucked up parents named them Adolph Hitler, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie? Yea their parents were Nazi worshiping nutzos who thought the holocaust never happened and probably shoved a ton of shite down those poor kids throat - So fast forward 10-13 years. While the system took the kids away from the parents and will hopefully try and re-educate them, these kids have already been brainwashed. So one day when one stupidly, like Carrie, says something completely lame-ass even though said kid is probably STILL being re-educated and unbrainwashed, what will our reaction be then? ... Getting the picture?

I'm not saying we should be all Hallmark compassionate for Carrie - she was dumber then a wet paper bag of hammers on that pageant stage - but my oh my how everyone came to such Instant-Conclusions.... even after she said she means no offense to anyone - To me that sorta told me she's already at a conflict with that decision of how she was raised, enough to throw that in there -

..... also... um... the four points... you mention being the daughter of divorced parents - how is that a point on her shit list? So it's her fault her parents got divorced? Are a man and woman who get divorced for any number of reasons grounds to put a negative tick in their daughter's box? I've known gay couples over the years where things didn't work out... I don't see the connection there.

In the end, it's her tree, she's sitting in it - no one ever reigns supreme in a nefarious plan for too long - she'll fall how she'll need to fall... I find it interesting to see how quickly so many people are rushing to push her without giving one second of serious thought to what I've tried to explain...

If you seek out the spot light you are more likely to be judged.This is likely because famous people tend to add weight to their opinions.

I am not saying it is right to trash people because they are famous and have unpopular opinions, it is just you knew he job was dangerous when you took it Fred.

the nude pictures are a cheap shot, but they would likely have come out just because she was runner up. Ask Vanessa Williams. As far as whether or not she will loose the crown, that really depends on whether or not trump thinks she is still marketable.

I think you're all missing the point about how goddamn hot Vanessa Williams is...

Wait, what was this thread about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Wait, what was this thread about again?
    Vagina. What else?

Oh I think it's horrible for anyone to deny someone else the right to get married and I never said else-wise. I think Carrie put her foot way into her mouth on her response - What I find a bit alarming is the inability for people to step back and think that maybe this person, just maybe, was fed real shitty information from her parents (usually the case) or her peers (another possibility) growing up or, as you pointed out, from her religious upbringing.

You see, the issue here is deeper then this surface finger pointing - it's the overblown crucifying attitude that sites like The Dirty fuel - Making partial poles where the YES/NO are followed by little snipets of snide sarcasm - I mean fine, sites do what they want - go America - freedom of speech - yadda yadda - I'm all for that - but what I'm saying is what's next?

Remember those poor kids who's white trash fucked up parents named them Adolph Hitler, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie? Yea their parents were Nazi worshiping nutzos who thought the holocaust never happened and probably shoved a ton of shite down those poor kids throat - So fast forward 10-13 years. While the system took the kids away from the parents and will hopefully try and re-educate them, these kids have already been brainwashed. So one day when one stupidly, like Carrie, says something completely lame-ass even though said kid is probably STILL being re-educated and unbrainwashed, what will our reaction be then? ... Getting the picture?

I'm not saying we should be all Hallmark compassionate for Carrie - she was dumber then a wet paper bag of hammers on that pageant stage - but my oh my how everyone came to such Instant-Conclusions.... even after she said she means no offense to anyone - To me that sorta told me she's already at a conflict with that decision of how she was raised, enough to throw that in there -

..... also... um... the four points... you mention being the daughter of divorced parents - how is that a point on her shit list? So it's her fault her parents got divorced? Are a man and woman who get divorced for any number of reasons grounds to put a negative tick in their daughter's box? I've known gay couples over the years where things didn't work out... I don't see the connection there.

In the end, it's her tree, she's sitting in it - no one ever reigns supreme in a nefarious plan for too long - she'll fall how she'll need to fall... I find it interesting to see how quickly so many people are rushing to push her without giving one second of serious thought to what I've tried to explain...

I've thought about it. I disagree. NOM is spreading the nonsense that other people getting married somehow has some huge impact on people who are not them. Can you explain how gay marriage is actually a problem for people not participating in it?

I stand by the point in the Blue Blood article about divorce. If Carrie Prejean were campaigning against both divorce and gay marriage, I might, while still disagreeing with her on both stances, respect her viewpoint. I think divorced people have some nerve teaching their children that other people -- people with perhaps better relationships -- should be prevented from getting married.

Carrie Prejean is 21-years-old. At what age does she start being responsible for using her looks and limited celebrity to attempt to ruin other people's lives?

Since the pageant, she has stated she will campaign and do everything within her power (according to PR from NOM for which Miss Universe has C&Ded NOM) to stop homosexuals from getting married or acknowledged as legitimate couples.

So was she doing another girl in those pics? Cause if not, I'm missing the irony. She's not a hypocrite, just a biggot.

ETA and really plain looking.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

fuck her. Just because your parents are ignorant douchebags doesn't exempt you from having to actually think about shit and form your own opinions.

I was raised as a Catholic and when I was about 8 years old I realized that those people were fucking nuts that had no Idea what they were talking about.

I've thought about it. I disagree. NOM is spreading the nonsense that other people getting married somehow has some huge impact on people who are not them. Can you explain how gay marriage is actually a problem for people not participating in it?
    Not sure what you're disagreeing on that is in reference to anything I've said or about how gay marriage is actually a problem for people not participating in it - those aren't my issues - never have been.

The thing is, aside from Perez Hilton, miss Prejean was briefly made fun of, then forgotten.

People who supported her said she was just speaking her mind, people opposed her said she was a bigot. This will happen when you state your opinion on anything controversial in a national forum. It is not surprising or particularly malicious and it would have past.

Then she decided that she would be a spokes person for NOM and reignited the whole thing. If she is being crucified at this point (ironic turn of phrase) it is because she hoped up on the cross and gave people the nails. Although really she is mostly going through what far less controversial contestants have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    The thing is, aside from Perez Hilton, miss Prejean was briefly made fun of, then forgotten.

People who supported her said she was just speaking her mind, people opposed her said she was a bigot. This will happen when you state your opinion on anything controversial in a national forum. It is not surprising or particularly malicious and it would have past.

Then she decided that she would be a spokes person for NOM and reignited the whole thing. If she is being crucified at this point (ironic turn of phrase) it is because she hoped up on the cross and gave people the nails. Although really she is mostly going through what far less controversial contestants have gotten.
    Exactly - in fact, this is what I meant by:

In the end, it's her tree, she's sitting in it - no one ever reigns supreme in a nefarious plan for too long - she'll fall how she'll need to fall...

Not sure what you're disagreeing on that is in reference to anything I've said or about how gay marriage is actually a problem for people not participating in it - those aren't my issues - never have been.

I don't think there was any unfair rush to judgment on Carrie Prejean. She might think it is no big deal telling other people they should not be permitted to get married because of what she was taught in her divorced household growing up. But that actually is a really big deal awful thing to say.

Marriage rights are not something like abortion or capital punishment where we can all agree that it is a tough issue and there are good arguments on all sides. We've embarrassingly enough had miscegenation laws in this country within living memory, but we now have a President who is the product of a white/black union. I think a few decades from now it will seem almost unbelievable that there was ever anybody who would speak out in public against equal rights to marry for anyone.

That said, if you agree with Cafe_Post_Mortem, then we all agree.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I wasn't aware that there were any good arguments against the right of a woman to choose whether she wants an abortion or not. same for whether capital punishment is more effective at anything compared to not doing it.

yeah, there is a lot of stupid emotional arguments, but not ones based on factual evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I wasn't aware that there were any good arguments against the right of a woman to choose whether she wants an abortion or not. same for whether capital punishment is more effective at anything compared to not doing it.

yeah, there is a lot of stupid emotional arguments, but not ones based on factual evidence.

For example, I'm extremely pro-choice, but I think we don't really know what the nature of life is from a scientific perspective. We kind of don't have any factual evidence about when life actually starts, so the legal distinction is not based on factual evidence. So I can respect that other people might have a different view from mine, perhaps based on specifics of faith, and still be good people.

I can't respect that other people might decide whether to view someone as human based on the color of their skin or sexual preference. The anti-marriage arguments about what if a guy wanted to marry a horse next are quite similar to what the ignorant bigot view of some people was on black/white relationships in the past century.

The fact that NOM is run by an unwed mother and chose a spokesperson who is the product of a broken home speaks volumes about how pro-marriage they fail to be. Stopping gay couples from getting married is not protecting marriage. Having kids out of wedlock and getting divorced is not protecting marriage.

I honestly feel that anyone who takes the position that there needs to be a legal distinction between marriages of different faiths or preferences or whatever is at best delusional. There is no reasonable anti-marriage position that I have heard.

Not that I think government should decide what is marriage at all. I think American government is only empowered to determine civil unions and nothing else. Separation of Church and State and all that. But that is a whole nother discussion.

Incidentally, I actually was raised with the notion that homosexuality is a disease. But I got over it shortly after I was old enough (17) to be exposed to different ideas from those of my parents (really just my dad probably). Had the internet existed when I was a teenager, I think I would have gotten over it even sooner. So upbringing is no excuse.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Unless you're wearing goggles over a ski-mask on top of a burkha, isn't every picture of anyone ever, partially nude?
    i guess someone's never had the peekaboo street dream eh? lol
    back on track though, miss california's opinion on gay marriage is simply trhat, her opinion.and although i personally don't agree with it, im not gonna be pissed at her for saying he ropinion on it because it doesnt match my own.

the whole nude photo thing thuogh is a different ball of yarn honestly, one which should be looked into to see if she truelly violated her state's requirements to run in the first place but it should have been done before she even ran for the position rather than afterward.

Um, why does anyone care about this dizzy bitch in the first place? Pagents have been irrelevant since like the dawn of fuckin' time.

its because she made a comment that doesnt fit with the standard view of the majority right now about a topic she shouldnt have been asked in the first place.

i agree though, it is a meaningless pageant.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    i guess someone's never had the peekaboo street dream eh? lol
    back on track though, miss california's opinion on gay marriage is simply trhat, her opinion.and although i personally don't agree with it, im not gonna be pissed at her for saying he ropinion on it because it doesnt match my own.

the whole nude photo thing thuogh is a different ball of yarn honestly, one which should be looked into to see if she truelly violated her state's requirements to run in the first place but it should have been done before she even ran for the position rather than afterward.

I read her contract and she is in violation of it with (a) her undisclosed photos and (b) her press interviews and (c) her NOM endorsement. If you have the slightest doubt on the accuracy of that, you can read her contract for yourself here.

While everyone is free to hold whatever opinion they like, why should this opinion be exempt from ridicule for its (a) wrongness and (b) poor judgment in how and when it was expressed and (c) hypocrisy?

I read her contract and she is in violation of it with (a) her undisclosed photos and (b) her press interviews and (c) her NOM endorsement. If you have the slightest doubt on the accuracy of that, you can read her contract for yourself here.

While everyone is free to hold whatever opinion they like, why should this opinion be exempt from ridicule for its (a) wrongness and (b) poor judgment in how and when it was expressed and (c) hypocrisy?
    oh im not saying it shouldnt be open for ridicule.
    the beauty of havign the right to express ones opinion on things is that everyone has that right to do so.

I personally am for gay marriage, i even joined a group encouraging people to vote no on the banning of gay marriage in arizona during the last election.

i think eprsonally, the religous argument is extremely dilluted and dull being as christianity is not the only religion that has a form of marriage in it and that there are other religions that recognise same sex marriage as well wiccan being one of them.

and if she did indeed violate the terms then yes, her crown should be removed no doubt, but it should be removed because of her term violations and not tied in with her right wing values that have gotten her more publicity than she deserves.

I don't think there was any unfair rush to judgment on Carrie Prejean. She might think it is no big deal telling other people they should not be permitted to get married because of what she was taught in her divorced household growing up. But that actually is a really big deal awful thing to say.

Marriage rights are not something like abortion or capital punishment where we can all agree that it is a tough issue and there are good arguments on all sides. We've embarrassingly enough had miscegenation laws in this country within living memory, but we now have a President who is the product of a white/black union. I think a few decades from now it will seem almost unbelievable that there was ever anybody who would speak out in public against equal rights to marry for anyone.

That said, if you agree with Cafe_Post_Mortem, then we all agree.
    This has been the case from the start - My point was not defending what she said about gay marriage, that I've made clear - she boned that and I couldn't disagree with her more - it was from the psychological stand-point of the rabid social 'beat-down' she got. I've tried to explain my position on that with the example of those kids that were named Adolph Hitler, etc...

Sure she like every other young adult needs to be responsible for their own actions but all our actions are learned behaviors - she was taught this - when someone says "No offense", yes, there tends to be that possibility that they're just being condescending but perhaps in her case, there was that conflict that I tried to explain going on inside her. Again, doesn't excuse what she said... but could explain it.

This has been the case from the start - My point was not defending what she said about gay marriage, that I've made clear - she boned that and I couldn't disagree with her more - it was from the psychological stand-point of the rabid social 'beat-down' she got. I've tried to explain my position on that with the example of those kids that were named Adolph Hitler, etc...

Sure she like every other young adult needs to be responsible for their own actions but all our actions are learned behaviors - she was taught this - when someone says "No offense", yes, there tends to be that possibility that they're just being condescending but perhaps in her case, there was that conflict that I tried to explain going on inside her. Again, doesn't excuse what she said... but could explain it.

No offense, but I was raised to hold my tongue any time I felt the urge to start a statement with "no offense". Nobody says "no offense" before they start talking, unless they know they are about to be offensive.

How is Carrie Prejean entitled to voice her destructive opinion, but other people are not entitled to criticize her for it? Doesn't freedom of speech go both ways?

+ Reply to Thread