+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why tribes, not money or factories, will change the world

Default Why tribes, not money or factories, will change the world

Something for you guys to chew on.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/s...s_we_lead.html

Thought this is worth sharing. And discussing of course. Anyway keep an eye on Ted Talks, you can find amazing stuff there.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Why tribes, not money or factories, will change the world

heh, give that guy a bit of an overbite and he'd look exactly like dr. sivanna from shazam

about what he's saying though, he couldn't really hold my interest for too long so I flipped through the thing and it's sort of like he's one of those guys who makes money from speaking a whole lot of stuff to people who want to sit there and listen to stuff they want to hear...............

well, someones got to do it I suppose

money and factories can't change the world, but they do provide an occupation for all those people who wouldn't have a clue what to do with themselves if they weren't there

Clearly you didn't listen trough it... point is about tribes. And TED is free for anyone.... take a look on about page. http://www.ted.com/index.php/pages/view/id/5

Actually, my point of view is that factories created people. If there were no industrial revolution there wouldn't be so many people on the planet today.

of course factories created people................and, yeah Ted's getting something out of all that

tribes, gangs, followers of various belief systems, clubs...............it's all the same. and no I saw 17 minutes and after the first couple minutes of listening to what he was saying I flipped through quick to see if there was anything new

seventeen minutes is a lot of time to give to a speaker so if they don't catch my interest really quickly with something that I've never heard before and that is particularily relevant then I gotta go man.........

Not that there's anything wrong with what he's saying, it's just that it's all been said before in some form or other

You should check out more videos then, there is stuffthere you definitely didn't hear or see. Whole point is in ideas. Bright ideas for future.

ideas are good, sure..................I'm working on overunity myself....

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I sometimes feel like the internet should be better for tiribalism than it is. Unfortunately, because of the open nature of the web, it is very easy for tribes to be quickly diluted and co-opted now. Or at least I know I personally used to have more of a sense of knowing who my tribe is. I mean, you can't even be a Trekkie these days without a gajillion people with nothing in common chiming in with me too me too.

+ Reply to Thread