+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone live in Austin?

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default Does anyone live in Austin?

I'm moving there tomorrow. I hear it's pretty liberal and progressive compared to the rest of Texas (god i hope so).

never been there... have to relocate for work or be unemployed.

kinda scary... but... i guess you have to go where life takes you. not much in my current town except too many ex-girlfriends and a deteriorating circle of friends.

yee haw....

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Does anyone live in Austin?

I've only been to Austin for conventions and I know lots of places can be different when you actually live there. I looooooooooved Atlanta when I went there for conventions, but not so much when I lived there. That said, Austin can be very fun and is much more progressive than say Houston. Lot of fun restaurants where you don't have to look or dress uber-normal. Def some serious bar and nightclub culture. Some hotties if you want new ex-girlfriends. The unofficial city slogan is "stay weird" and it's on tons of T-shirts and stuff.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I wonder if there are any IT jobs in Austin.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I'm stationed at Fort Hood, which is about an hour north/northwest. Austin's pretty cool. There's Stubb's, which has great food and concerts all the time, plus, since you'll be there, Austin City Limits festival October 2-4 (three day passes are already sold out). Plus, 3 hours north is Dallas and a couple hours south is San Antonio, both major hot spots for concert tours. 6th Street is a blast, lots of bars and the street is closed off Friday and Saturday nights so you can wander wherever. For the older crowds there's (I think) 8th Street or 10th Street.

Yeah, if I stay in Texas after I get out of the Army, I'll probably stick around in the Austin area.

Austin is a killer party town. If you like quiet nights at home, live far out from the city.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I forgot to mention, Austin's got some nice areas outside the city, especially lakes (like Lake Travis). Round Rock is a few miles out of the city and is a decent place if you don't want to actually live in the city. It's easy to get onto I-35 to get downtown or wherever else. If you have any questions, send me a message, I might be able to help.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

well im back from Austin.

ya...a pretty fun town... but it's still Texas...so... ya, I couldnt do that any longer.

back in Brooklyn. wattup!!!

+ Reply to Thread