+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 154

Thread: Banning & What You Can Handle

  1. #41

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    I must have missed something while I've been away for a bit..

    Should have set the Tivo to forum mode. :p

  2. #42

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    This place is fine with me. Only thing I don't really like are the bad word filters/filters in general.

  3. #43
    helcyon's Avatar i am no one
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    dimension zero
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Any idea who made those sock puppets?
    Actually the image is from Wickimedia Commons which is a media repository for "freely licensed" media. From what I can surmise the user Durova not only uploaded this image but also created the actual puppets and photographed them.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    You might say things that trouble some people some of the time, but you are not remotely a troll. You express what you have to say eloquently and clearly and on-topic. Some people can't handle hearing ideas which challenge their personal belief system, but them not being able to handle exposure to your analysis of something doesn't make you a troll.

    Given that Bat flounced off in a huff when I told him not to call an established member a troll, I certainly agree that some people over-use the expression "troll", but it is still a real thing. Some people do come to forums and attempt to be disruptive and unpleasant for either their personal entertainment or for various business or religious agendas.
    Thank you, but I don't know. I'm here for my personal entertainment, and I get that out of shock value and mockery as much as expressing and learning things; this arbitrary balance is defined mostly by whom I'm talking to and the kind of responses they're giving. On some forums, I've been an almost pure troll, not because of a different posting formula on my part but because the people there were less receptive to my style and amusing conflict was the only thing of value I could get out of them. And having been in that position, I know that even those posters most widely regarded as trolls usually have a few people more on their line of thought that they do get along- and will share positive conversation with, much like I get along with Allah just fine.

    I hold that trying to make a clean distinction between trolls and non-trolls is (or at least finds its source in) self-indulgent internet morality, a way to characterise disliked people as structurally different from oneself as to rationalize treating them without the sympathy demanded by similarity. Certainly there is such a thing as trolling, but using the act to define a person is always oversimplified, if often convenient.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    huh? did I miss something?

  6. #46
    mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada;)
    Posts
    1,562

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    The way I see it, this world is full of douchebags. They're everywhere. So if you're gonna get all bent out of shape by what someone on the internet says, how the hell are you making it through real life??
    Wouldn't it be great if everyone came with an ignore button.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Hi toe cutter!
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step in getting help. I'm really proud of you!


  8. #48
    Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    I'm with VT, fuck the word filters.



    Also, I am awesome, carry on.

  9. #49
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    allah, not only do real people not get banned on Blue Blood, but trolls are so uncommon that I immediately knew you had to be disease boy, which you admit is accurate.

    Rather than banning you, when it appears you are not exactly trying to be a positive member of the community, you have simply been asked to pare your multitude of accounts down to one account.

    I just had Forrest Black look up username episode allah and that account has never been banned or blocked in any way, although I note that your profile there lists two of your other joke trolls under Favorite Authors. As you have used so many accounts and so many emails, I can see how you might forget your login to that account, but you have never requested login support for episode allah. I had thought you were going to go back to your original account *23 or your cheshire centauri account anyway, but apparently you are using allah now. You were left entirely free to pick which single account you wanted to use, so nobody has tried to press you into using one of the original accounts you set up. The idea of one person = one account is partly so community members can get to know one another, so please stop keep changing your account name every few months.

    I am not going to get into the nitty gritty of theoretical posts you do not reference in specific or what tech does to keep this site secure, partly for obvious security reasons and partly because that's not really my area, although, if you claim 200 computers at your school are on the same IP, no special tech skills are required to assume that you would not have visibility to every possible failed hack attempt.

  10. #50
    Bedlamite
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Places.
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    oh..

    OHISEEWHATHE/SHEDIDTHAR!!!

    Wow. Old troll is OLD!

  11. #51
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    oh..

    OHISEEWHATHE/SHEDIDTHAR!!!

    Wow. Old troll is OLD!

    Good point. Maybe I should be flattered that our one lonely troll has been working at trolling Blue Blood for 4+ years.

  12. #52
    and your little dog too
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Good point. Maybe I should be flattered that our one lonely troll has been working at trolling Blue Blood for 4+ years.
    it's funny but i wish you would get rid of him. if allah is a sock puppet of *23 it is not like he is using his real person account.

  13. #53
    Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    4,723

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    I liked the rodrigo 666(I think that was the name) facet

  14. #54
    Bedlamite
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Places.
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Good point. Maybe I should be flattered that our one lonely troll has been working at trolling Blue Blood for 4+ years.
    I guess its like having your own lone Tabloid Reporter following you around! And for some reason, that thought amused me immensely!

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Stupid Earth
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Oooo now this is interesting. I am a fairly new member and dont know a lot of ppl here yet. And unfortunatly cant comment on what a lot has been said here. I do however, love a good discussion, and have even been known to dig my nails in on some occasions.
    Isnt that the true nature of joining a forum, having debates, joking, laughing and screaming? I do agree, that sometimes enough is ENOUGH and when the debate/discussion has run its course, the only thing left to do is stop talking about it. Move on. New topic.
    Some people just wont let things rest? Is that what "trolling" is? I am not actually fimilar with this word. then Ignore is one of my favourate functions

  16. #56
    Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    4,723

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    trolls live under bridges

  17. #57
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Vix
    Oooo now this is interesting. I am a fairly new member and dont know a lot of ppl here yet. And unfortunatly cant comment on what a lot has been said here. I do however, love a good discussion, and have even been known to dig my nails in on some occasions.
    Isnt that the true nature of joining a forum, having debates, joking, laughing and screaming? I do agree, that sometimes enough is ENOUGH and when the debate/discussion has run its course, the only thing left to do is stop talking about it. Move on. New topic.
    Some people just wont let things rest? Is that what "trolling" is? I am not actually fimilar with this word. then Ignore is one of my favourate functions
    Trolling is when you mostly hang around on a forum and read everything and really do not "contribute" to the discussion, EXCEPT, every now and then you release a inflammatory comment that usually has not much to do with what is being discussed. I don't mind trolls myself. It's part of what an open discussion room is about. Letting everybody leave a comment even if the comment has nothing to do with the discussion.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Trolling is when you mostly hang around on a forum and read everything and really do not "contribute" to the discussion, EXCEPT, every now and then you release a inflammatory comment that usually has not much to do with what is being discussed. I don't mind trolls myself. It's part of what an open discussion room is about. Letting everybody leave a comment even if the comment has nothing to do with the discussion.
    Ajax shut the fuck up already.

    And while you're at it, get Rockwulf's sweat soaked racer striped man panties out of your meth toothed mouth for once.

  19. #59
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    Ajax shut the fuck up already.

    And while you're at it, get Rockwulf's sweat soaked racer striped man panties out of your meth toothed mouth for once.

    Buster, in all the years you have been here, I don't think you have ever made one single other post I thought was at all problematic. As you never make posts like this, at least not on Blue Blood, I assume you already know the following, but let's have some positivity and reason.

    Seriously, I noted some uncharacteristic negativity around here these past few weeks and requested that people try to participate in the spirit the forums are intended -- something you have totally done for years.

    I'm going to reiterate that the point of forums is conversation and I don't want to see members being told to shut up. You are welcome to disagree, but I'm really not okay with shutting other people down.

    I actually do not agree with Ajax that trolling has anything to do with open discussion, as trolling, by definition, is disruptive to a forum's normal interaction. But I'm fine with Ajax expressing his opinion because he always supports what he says and always comes across like he is just saying what he thinks based on his life experiences and analysis. This is diametrically opposed to a troll who only posts to disrupt and is likely to be a wholly fake character with no real world references.

    I'm pretty sure Ajax is a bank manager, so I doubt he has meth teeth, even if he is secretly some prodigious drug user, and I don't even get how Rockwulf comes into this, as Ajax did not even mention Rockwulf.

  20. #60
    Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Buster, in all the years you have been here, I don't think you have ever made one single other post I thought was at all problematic. As you never make posts like this, at least not on Blue Blood, I assume you already know the following, but let's have some positivity and reason.

    Seriously, I noted some uncharacteristic negativity around here these past few weeks and requested that people try to participate in the spirit the forums are intended -- something you have totally done for years.

    I'm going to reiterate that the point of forums is conversation and I don't want to see members being told to shut up. You are welcome to disagree, but I'm really not okay with shutting other people down.

    I actually do not agree with Ajax that trolling has anything to do with open discussion, as trolling, by definition, is disruptive to a forum's normal interaction. But I'm fine with Ajax expressing his opinion because he always supports what he says and always comes across like he is just saying what he thinks based on his life experiences and analysis. This is diametrically opposed to a troll who only posts to disrupt and is likely to be a wholly fake character with no real world references.

    I'm pretty sure Ajax is a bank manager, so I doubt he has meth teeth, even if he is secretly some prodigious drug user, and I don't even get how Rockwulf comes into this, as Ajax did not even mention Rockwulf.
    Settle down Beavis! I think he was kidding to illustrate the point. I'm only assuming that because I was about to do something similar.

    However, I'm curious to know how he knows exactly what kind of underwear I like...

  21. #61
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Settle down Beavis! I think he was kidding to illustrate the point. I'm only assuming that because I was about to do something similar.

    However, I'm curious to know how he knows exactly what kind of underwear I like...

    Upon reflection, you are probably right. Sorry. Momentary lapse of sense of humor on my part. Doh.

    It gets more under my skin than it should when someone lies pointlessly, such as claiming to have been banned when obviously it didn't happen. Not that the thread was even about that lonely little troll. I was more concerned that folks like Bat and Bikerpunk were doing things like conversing with bots (which makes those programs increase how often they hit a board) and having so much trouble conversing with humans and generally putting a damper on things.

    I meant this thread as a more general request to everyone to get things back to what usually passes for normal around here. If I was thinking of anyone in specific, it was Bat. Bat was apparently going around to friends of mine (online) and claiming that he could tell I had a vendetta against him from me asking him where he thought he and I disagreed on gay marriage. Because in Paranoiaville, where I'm disappointed to discover Bat lives, telling someone I think he and I agree is secret code for plot against him. WTF? I like had coffee with the guy once and ran into him for a minute at nightclubs a couple times. I don't know him remotely well enough to want to plot against his paranoid ass. Then, humorously, if looked at just right, our one troll vainly decided this thread must be about him. Because perhaps there is nothing quite like a guilty conscience?

    In conclusion, I would like people to be pleasant, engage in intelligent debate and not name-calling when disagreeing, and grow a damn pair. Once this occurs, which I have every reason to believe it will, I promise to return to my usual sense of humor.

  22. #62
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    Ajax shut the fuck up already.

    And while you're at it, get Rockwulf's sweat soaked racer striped man panties out of your meth toothed mouth for once.

    Now you've made me cry uncontrollably! I hope you're happy with yourself! I've blown dudes for some crack, but I would NEVER, NEVER do meth....And Rockwulf wears leopard print silk manpanties, btw.

  23. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Now you've made me cry uncontrollably! I hope you're happy with yourself! I've blown dudes for some crack, but I would NEVER, NEVER do meth....And Rockwulf wears leopard print silk manpanties, btw.
    ...oh, I dunno, leopard print man panties can have racing stripes too. Knowuteyemean?

    And Amelia- My longer more "thoughtful" posts have been snarfed up by a disagreement between this ancient laptop, and the board's software lately.

  24. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I meant this thread as a more general request to everyone to get things back to what usually passes for normal around here. If I was thinking of anyone in specific, it was Bat. Bat was apparently going around to friends of mine (online) and claiming that he could tell I had a vendetta against him from me asking him where he thought he and I disagreed on gay marriage. Because in Paranoiaville, where I'm disappointed to discover Bat lives, telling someone I think he and I agree is secret code for plot against him. WTF? I like had coffee with the guy once and ran into him for a minute at nightclubs a couple times. I don't know him remotely well enough to want to plot against his paranoid ass. Then, humorously, if looked at just right, our one troll vainly decided this thread must be about him. Because perhaps there is nothing quite like a guilty conscience?
    Although I've requested to be deleted from these forums to Forrest via F a c e b o o k, he hasn't done it and someone told me about this thread.

    Amelia,

    Since you've resurrected your hate for me which to this day has always been one sided with with start of your misunderstanding of something I said in the Burning Man thread, and since you've singled me out again to sling lies and hate publicly by starting this thread (which now contradicts itself), I have no choice to but at least post this.

    1. I don't know any of your "Friends". I've never started such a 'vendetta' against you. This is absolutely bizarre for you to even think this. I did tell Forrest when I asked to be deleted it was because of your bizarre behavior towards me but that's about it.

    2. Several people from BB have contacted me since I left to say hi. Some claimed to have left because of similar actions you have done against them on the forums here. No vendetta's were started by me nor forged with others. Why? Who cares? I don't.

    3. I've never had this disagreement with you on gay marriage. You've made that up on your own.

    This is a prime example of you casually making negatively connotative statements against me as if YOU say we're having a disagreement on gay marriage and you hold the flag FOR gay marriage, then somewhere in there, I must be AGAINST it. 100% FALSE. I never said I was against it. You obviously haven't even read my posts in that thread. You also apparently forget the type of clubs I've run and the social scene I've been a part of and supported for almost 30 years. You know not one thing about me and you obviously aren't reading my replies else you would know how utterly ridiculous you are to even imply that. What, you want names and addresses of all my gay friends? Even the ones who were married? Do people have to go to the ends of the earth to prove something for you? Do you not believe what people say to you?

    4. Paranoid? What are you talking about? Against what? Gay Marriage? You? I had no clue this thread was about me until you brought my name up claiming it was: "our one troll vainly decided this thread must be about him." - ????? - Umm... I haven't been here prior to this post... you're just now laidening my name in it... What gives here? And how am I a troll trying to answer your questions in the past? This makes no sense.

    5. Guilty conscience? Huh? Guilty of what? How can I be guilty of something in this thread already? I've never been here until now!

    I have learned that you have a double standard though... you say trolling is someone who disrupts a thread yet when Karyn does it to me in the Carrie thread by throwing in the 12 year old style of the posed 'talking shit question' which was an obvious derailment of what I tried to iterate, then it's not trolling? Lies... that was being a troll.

    Anyways, for the record I really liked these forums at first - never had a problem with ANYONE here except you Amelia and that was only after YOU started the shit-storm in the Burning Man thread when you erroneously misunderstood something I said and nothing I did could make you understand that. You wanted an apology for something I never did, said or implied. I tried to explain that to you but instead you've harbored that made-up resentment and have allowed it to spill over to other threads and now this. When will it end? Now you think I have a Vendetta against you? Sorry to disappoint you. 100% false.

    Oh and I get yelled at in hind-sight for making humorous replied to BOT posts? Umm... OK... that made no sense at all... It makes bots come back? Um.. no it doesn't - turn your spider support OFF in your forum setup and use email authentication together with CAPTCHA to help reduce bots spam - I've been running web-forums for 20+ years and never had a problem with bots like I've seen on here.

    Also, even though I never was the one to start posting replies to bot posts, I followed suit from many others cause it was funny as hell - thanks for using this bizarre example to once again, oh I don't know, yell at me about something again..... FFS already... what was that you were saying about you not having a sense of humor?

  25. #65
    Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    Although I've requested to be deleted from these forums to Forrest via F a c e b o o k, he hasn't done it and someone told me about this thread.

    Amelia,

    Since you've resurrected your hate for me which to this day has always been one sided with with start of your misunderstanding of something I said in the Burning Man thread, and since you've singled me out again to sling lies and hate publicly by starting this thread (which now contradicts itself), I have no choice to but at least post this.

    1. I don't know any of your "Friends". I've never started such a 'vendetta' against you. This is absolutely bizarre for you to even think this. I did tell Forrest when I asked to be deleted it was because of your bizarre behavior towards me but that's about it.

    2. Several people from BB have contacted me since I left to say hi. Some claimed to have left because of similar actions you have done against them on the forums here. No vendetta's were started by me nor forged with others. Why? Who cares? I don't.

    3. I've never had this disagreement with you on gay marriage. You've made that up on your own.

    This is a prime example of you casually making negatively connotative statements against me as if YOU say we're having a disagreement on gay marriage and you hold the flag FOR gay marriage, then somewhere in there, I must be AGAINST it. 100% FALSE. I never said I was against it. You obviously haven't even read my posts in that thread. You also apparently forget the type of clubs I've run and the social scene I've been a part of and supported for almost 30 years. You know not one thing about me and you obviously aren't reading my replies else you would know how utterly ridiculous you are to even imply that. What, you want names and addresses of all my gay friends? Even the ones who were married? Do people have to go to the ends of the earth to prove something for you? Do you not believe what people say to you?

    4. Paranoid? What are you talking about? Against what? Gay Marriage? You? I had no clue this thread was about me until you brought my name up claiming it was: "our one troll vainly decided this thread must be about him." - ????? - Umm... I haven't been here prior to this post... you're just now laidening my name in it... What gives here? And how am I a troll trying to answer your questions in the past? This makes no sense.

    5. Guilty conscience? Huh? Guilty of what? How can I be guilty of something in this thread already? I've never been here until now!

    I have learned that you have a double standard though... you say trolling is someone who disrupts a thread yet when Karyn does it to me in the Carrie thread by throwing in the 12 year old style of the posed 'talking shit question' which was an obvious derailment of what I tried to iterate, then it's not trolling? Lies... that was being a troll.

    Anyways, for the record I really liked these forums at first - never had a problem with ANYONE here except you Amelia and that was only after YOU started the shit-storm in the Burning Man thread when you erroneously misunderstood something I said and nothing I did could make you understand that. You wanted an apology for something I never did, said or implied. I tried to explain that to you but instead you've harbored that made-up resentment and have allowed it to spill over to other threads and now this. When will it end? Now you think I have a Vendetta against you? Sorry to disappoint you. 100% false.

    Oh and I get yelled at in hind-sight for making humorous replied to BOT posts? Umm... OK... that made no sense at all... It makes bots come back? Um.. no it doesn't - turn your spider support OFF in your forum setup and use email authentication together with CAPTCHA to help reduce bots spam - I've been running web-forums for 20+ years and never had a problem with bots like I've seen on here.

    Also, even though I never was the one to start posting replies to bot posts, I followed suit from many others cause it was funny as hell - thanks for using this bizarre example to once again, oh I don't know, yell at me about something again..... FFS already... what was that you were saying about you not having a sense of humor?
    You should never take anything seriously. Because no matter how important something may seem, how monumentally historic you think a certain event might be, never take it seriously. Because no matter what's going on in your life, or the world or whatever, during that one second that it's happening, across the globe there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people pooping.
    -Rockwulf

  26. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    You should never take anything seriously. Because no matter how important something may seem, how monumentally historic you think a certain event might be, never take it seriously. Because no matter what's going on in your life, or the world or whatever, during that one second that it's happening, across the globe there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people pooping.
    -Rockwulf
    And ya know what? I don't! That's what makes this so odd. This all started out of left field and when it's the website/forum owner and I (thought I) had an at least somewhat remotely positive history with her/them which was even reinforced with initial postings here, I felt it became serious against my intent and what... I'm just trying to resolve this nonsense which doesn't seem to work and even when I leave, it still didn't work... now this!

    If I just laughed, posted a funny pic or made a joke when I got crap slung at me, that would just enrage the shit-storm even more and I always try and resolve things like this rather then just ignore/blow them off - perhaps I'm at fault for trying too hard when it's simply not worth it or even warrants it... but now to see me being accused of something I haven't done and to hear it from a third party... it's like, come the fuck on - get over it - I TRIED but apparently I'm this month's/year's whipping boy? Sorry, had that done on stage once during an Xorcist show when my keyboardist accidentally grabbed 3/4" fishing tubing for an improvised theatrical reinactment of "The 39 Lashes" on my back. I got through I think 4 hits before I almost passed out... the hell with that!

  27. #67
    Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    You sure type a lot for someone who's not taking shit seriously.

  28. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    You sure type a lot for someone who's not taking shit seriously.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2elv894.jpg
    Perhaps...

    I tried to do this off the forums but Amelia declined to talk to me demanding a 'public apology' instead...

    The sad part is that I used to laugh my ass off at the humor and witticism on these forums almost all the time - now that I've seen behind the curtain of ownership and standards, It just feels like "1984"... sure, be funny, post funny pics, but like the asinine "BOT post comment" against me, be prepared to have it used against you at any time, in any way, shape or form in a double standard where for some people it's ok and "Funny" and for other people it's "a problem of contention".

  29. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Then, humorously, if looked at just right, our one troll vainly decided this thread must be about him. Because perhaps there is nothing quite like a guilty conscience?
    Just to clarify, since you repeated referred to me constantly in that paragraph, then this sentence sounded like you were talking about me since you didn't use any names. If it's not, ignore my point as it looks like you meant to clarify it was "allah" you were talking about.

  30. #70
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    You should never take anything seriously. Because no matter how important something may seem, how monumentally historic you think a certain event might be, never take it seriously. Because no matter what's going on in your life, or the world or whatever, during that one second that it's happening, across the globe there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people pooping.
    -Rockwulf
    Hell, I was pooping when I read this.

  31. #71
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    Although I've requested to be deleted from these forums to Forrest via F a c e b o o k, he hasn't done it and someone told me about this thread.

    Amelia,

    Since you've resurrected your hate for me which to this day has always been one sided with with start of your misunderstanding of something I said in the Burning Man thread, and since you've singled me out again to sling lies and hate publicly by starting this thread (which now contradicts itself), I have no choice to but at least post this.
    Why would I hate you when I'm barely acquainted with you? You flounced off in a huff after a conversation about same sex marriage where it seemed to me that you and I did not even disagree on the topic. I guess you did mention the Burning Man thread in that thread, but it didn't seem relevant as it was some time after the BM convo when you did your grand exit. Why can't you get over a possible disagreement in a thread about Burning Man where you had the last word?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat

    1. I don't know any of your "Friends". I've never started such a 'vendetta' against you. This is absolutely bizarre for you to even think this. I did tell Forrest when I asked to be deleted it was because of your bizarre behavior towards me but that's about it.
    I did not say you started a vendetta; I expressed that you paranoidly claimed to others that I had a vendetta against you. Reading comprehension please. Why would I have a vendetta against you, as you claim, when I'm barely acquainted with you? I assumed you did not know you were contacting IRL friends of mine to make your paranoid claims about the imaginary vendetta you think I have against you, but I believe you made the claims as you repeated them here.

    You have five minutes to edit any post here. After that, you need to be a strong and consistent enough person to stand behind what you've said.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat

    2. Several people from BB have contacted me since I left to say hi. Some claimed to have left because of similar actions you have done against them on the forums here. No vendetta's were started by me nor forged with others. Why? Who cares? I don't.

    3. I've never had this disagreement with you on gay marriage. You've made that up on your own.

    This is a prime example of you casually making negatively connotative statements against me as if YOU say we're having a disagreement on gay marriage and you hold the flag FOR gay marriage, then somewhere in there, I must be AGAINST it. 100% FALSE. I never said I was against it. You obviously haven't even read my posts in that thread. You also apparently forget the type of clubs I've run and the social scene I've been a part of and supported for almost 30 years. You know not one thing about me and you obviously aren't reading my replies else you would know how utterly ridiculous you are to even imply that. What, you want names and addresses of all my gay friends? Even the ones who were married? Do people have to go to the ends of the earth to prove something for you? Do you not believe what people say to you?
    This is exactly what I was talking about. You complain that you feel I did not moderate karyn enough, yet it was specifically in the gay marriage thread that I told her directly that, from what I knew of you, I knew you were not a homophobe. Which you replied to as though my defense of you were tantamount to calling you a homophobe and you started offering addresses of gay friends and such.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat

    4. Paranoid? What are you talking about? Against what? Gay Marriage? You? I had no clue this thread was about me until you brought my name up claiming it was: "our one troll vainly decided this thread must be about him." - ????? - Umm... I haven't been here prior to this post... you're just now laidening my name in it... What gives here? And how am I a troll trying to answer your questions in the past? This makes no sense.

    5. Guilty conscience? Huh? Guilty of what? How can I be guilty of something in this thread already? I've never been here until now!

    I have learned that you have a double standard though... you say trolling is someone who disrupts a thread yet when Karyn does it to me in the Carrie thread by throwing in the 12 year old style of the posed 'talking shit question' which was an obvious derailment of what I tried to iterate, then it's not trolling? Lies... that was being a troll.
    I'm actually aware of the definitions of troll and sock puppet and you and karyn are patently neither. A troll is someone whose nick, usually a fake character, on a board is for the sole purpose of being disruptive.

    I am also aware of the definition of paranoid and you do appear awfully paranoid. Ah, how ironic that 23*/cheshire centauri/Episode Allah/allah/Splendich/rodrigo666/etc. thought a post which was mostly general and slightly about you was about him and you thinking a sentence which was entirely about him was about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat

    Anyways, for the record I really liked these forums at first - never had a problem with ANYONE here except you Amelia and that was only after YOU started the shit-storm in the Burning Man thread when you erroneously misunderstood something I said and nothing I did could make you understand that. You wanted an apology for something I never did, said or implied. I tried to explain that to you but instead you've harbored that made-up resentment and have allowed it to spill over to other threads and now this. When will it end? Now you think I have a Vendetta against you? Sorry to disappoint you. 100% false.
    I just skimmed the end of the Burning Man thread again to refresh what you thought was such a big deal there. Hilariously, I see that I did not like that you tried to tell me how I feel and claimed I "hate" Burning Man or have some kind of personal issue with Burning Man. Now you are telling me and people I know IRL that I "hate" you and have some kind of personal issue with you. That must be a lot of negative baggage for you to haul around, if you constantly imagine hate around you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat

    Oh and I get yelled at in hind-sight for making humorous replied to BOT posts? Umm... OK... that made no sense at all... It makes bots come back? Um.. no it doesn't - turn your spider support OFF in your forum setup and use email authentication together with CAPTCHA to help reduce bots spam - I've been running web-forums for 20+ years and never had a problem with bots like I've seen on here.
    When I post on other people's forums, which I do regularly, it never occurs to me to bring up that I might have a stake in some forums elsewhere myself and start telling them what to do. It is like having someone offer you a lift to someplace you want to go and aggressively telling them you have a car too and you probably drive it better and you've had a license for a very long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat

    Also, even though I never was the one to start posting replies to bot posts, I followed suit from many others cause it was funny as hell - thanks for using this bizarre example to once again, oh I don't know, yell at me about something again..... FFS already... what was that you were saying about you not having a sense of humor?
    Forrest Black periodically posts polite reminders to people not to feed the bots, partly because it increases the frequency of their posting and partly because he wants to be able to delete bot threads without feeling bad about deleting real members' posts. It was somewhat annoying browsing for real convos and regularly finding all the top threads be bot posts you bumped, but it wasn't a giant big deal. Relax. Nobody is plotting against you.

  32. #72
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by allah
    ...

    The idea for the board is to have an oasis of reason where intelligent individualists can exchange varied points of view. If you don't want to do that, why are you here? Do you really think being the first person to be banned for board behavior in Blue Blood's many years online would make you special in a good way?

    I don't think anyone would describe Buster Friendly or Raza as "compliant", unless you mean something very different by the term from what I think of. Do I happen to enjoy their posts more than yours? Sure. I do my best to be a good hostess, but I'm only human.

    I don't know what "benevolent OC fascism" is and apparently neither does Google.

    If you have editorial suggestions, please put them in the thread on that topic.

  33. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Lies - all lies... I don't know your RL friends - I never contacted them. You're insane to spread these lies on your forum like this weeks after I leave. Did you not just read what I said? Me thinking you have a vendetta against me is crazier then me having one against you. You've never been worth it to me to even go there. If you had taken one moment though to really read and COMPREHEND what I've tried to explain to you over and over, you would of seen I've been trying to salvage what has started out as you making a mistake in thinking I said something about you I never did... yup, the BM thread which you now think is "Hilarious".

    Oh... I'm sorry... was you talking down to me and being condescending to me funny? Was demanding I make a public apology to you funny? Hmmm... so quickly you discount everything I stand for by my character's proxy in this scene so you can make shit up about how I'm against gay marriage? Again, you don't address these misconceptions you have erroneously placed on me...

    whatever Amelia... I'm more relaxed then you as shown on these forums.. for you to say that once again is belittling and demeaning just so you can feel better about yourself... why I'll never know... and I don't care...

    so again, and publically - DELETE ME from these forums and DELETE ALL MY POSTS - I don't want to be associated with a liar like you. Oh, Human Rights? Where are my rights to delete myself from these forums? Hmmmm??? My forums allow users to delete themselves and their own posts - why not yours?

    Then, when you do delete me, you can go back to lying more about what I've done or continue to do but let me tell you right now, you and your forums are not worth a shit to me now. I have never contacted anyone, your friends or not to spew bullshit about how you have it out for me - I DON'T CARE.

    The only reason I'm caring enough to post this shit was because at one point I valued our acquaintance - not anymore.

  34. #74

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Bat, dude, srsly. You're getting emotional, and your reading comprehension wasn't too stunning to to start out with. There is no malevolent intention; just a silly misunderstanding that you've escalated beyond recognition by misinterpreting every step along the way in the worst way possible.

  35. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    north of here
    Posts
    988

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    Lies - all lies... I don't know your RL friends - I never contacted them. You're insane to spread these lies on your forum like this weeks after I leave. Did you not just read what I said? Me thinking you have a vendetta against me is crazier then me having one against you. You've never been worth it to me to even go there. If you had taken one moment though to really read and COMPREHEND what I've tried to explain to you over and over, you would of seen I've been trying to salvage what has started out as you making a mistake in thinking I said something about you I never did... yup, the BM thread which you now think is "Hilarious".

    Oh... I'm sorry... was you talking down to me and being condescending to me funny? Was demanding I make a public apology to you funny? Hmmm... so quickly you discount everything I stand for by my character's proxy in this scene so you can make shit up about how I'm against gay marriage? Again, you don't address these misconceptions you have erroneously placed on me...

    whatever Amelia... I'm more relaxed then you as shown on these forums.. for you to say that once again is belittling and demeaning just so you can feel better about yourself... why I'll never know... and I don't care...

    so again, and publically - DELETE ME from these forums and DELETE ALL MY POSTS - I don't want to be associated with a liar like you. Oh, Human Rights? Where are my rights to delete myself from these forums? Hmmmm??? My forums allow users to delete themselves and their own posts - why not yours?

    Then, when you do delete me, you can go back to lying more about what I've done or continue to do but let me tell you right now, you and your forums are not worth a shit to me now. I have never contacted anyone, your friends or not to spew bullshit about how you have it out for me - I DON'T CARE.

    The only reason I'm caring enough to post this shit was because at one point I valued our acquaintance - not anymore.

    I did not want to post in this thread but you contacted me to tell me how much you think Amelia hates you and has a beef with you and claiming to have rumors about her you could tell me.

    I replied that you seem to take everything really personally and paranoid and that I thought it was weak to imply rumors. I also said I didn't understand what you were getting at in the Miss California thread either. Nobody did.

    Everyone reading this craziness has seen Amelia post over and over again that she does not think you are a homophobe. You keep trying to have a fight with her about gay marriage when it seemed to everyone who read that thread that you and Amelia agree on gay marriage. She just repeated here that she does not think you are a homophobe and your paranoid response is to repeat that she thinks you are against gay marriage.

    You need badly.

  36. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    ass kisser :P

    Sorry, but I've read into nothing - I never do - I react to what is SAID TO ME. Why you can't comprehend that just sort of shows you're not reading either?

    Sigh... whatever - there's like 10-15 real active posters on here and a troll pet - if anything Raza, you're right that I am getting way overworked for this load of crap... CyberDen's forum was loaded with 1500 users, 10-50 years old with about 400+ active posters and not once, ONCE did I ever have issues like this with anyone so sorry man, it's not me with the comprehension problem.

  37. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    north of here
    Posts
    988

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    ass kisser :P

    Sorry, but I've read into nothing - I never do - I react to what is SAID TO ME. Why you can't comprehend that just sort of shows you're not reading either?

    Sigh... whatever - there's like 10-15 real active posters on here and a troll pet - if anything Raza, you're right that I am getting way overworked for this load of crap... CyberDen's forum was loaded with 1500 users, 10-50 years old with about 400+ active posters and not once, ONCE did I ever have issues like this with anyone so sorry man, it's not me with the comprehension problem.

    I am an ass kisser because I pointed out your claim you were not contacting Amelia's friends is untrue because you contacted me?

    I am an ass kisser because I think you are a paranoid over sensitive person for thinking someone saying you are not a homophobe means they are actually saying you are against gay marriage?


  38. #78
    and your little dog too
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    we were talking about miss california starting an offensive remark saying "no offense" like that made it all fine. i thought it was funny to post "no offense but are you some kind of iraq-war-loving gay-marriage-hating jesus freak?"

    i'm really sorry to have caused such a fuss. i thought it was funny. had i realized DJ Bat would not get my sense of humor and take it so personally butthurt i would have said it twice.

  39. #79
    ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Fransisco
    Posts
    2,938

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Bat, we've known you for a long time, although we've never been terribly close, mostly due to proximity, we've been supportive of your various creative projects for many many years. I genuinely feel like you have grossly misinterpreted a lot of things that have been said here, and I would honestly like to get past all that.

    I have found reading, and participating in, several of the more recent conversations you have been involved here to be a bit frustrating. Even when we totally agree, it seems like it's very easy to set you off as though we were having some sort of strong disagreement. I don't know where this comes from, but I find it nearly impossible to avoid stepping on your landmines, figuratively.

    Now it seems like you are going out of your way to be kind of hostile and competitive and that troubles me a little. There really is no reason for it. I respect what you have done over the years and I hope that you would respect what we have done. We don't have to agree on everything, but I don't think we disagree on as much as you seem to thinks we do.

    I actually have not read any of the posts in this thread yet, and maybe I should, but my first glance indicated that it's more crank fest than anything productive, cool, or entertaining in any sort of positive way.

    I just ran across this while cleaning up the other day, and I hope that it can be a bit of a sign that we should get to better times and concentrate on more productive subject matter. I'm sorry if you've felt attacked in various instances, but I'd also like to put in a request that we all be adults and get past it.

    Would that be ok?


  40. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

    Quote Originally Posted by incog
    I did not want to post in this thread but you contacted me to tell me how much you think Amelia hates you and has a beef with you and claiming to have rumors about her you could tell me.

    I replied that you seem to take everything really personally and paranoid and that I thought it was weak to imply rumors. I also said I didn't understand what you were getting at in the Miss California thread either. Nobody did.

    Everyone reading this craziness has seen Amelia post over and over again that she does not think you are a homophobe. You keep trying to have a fight with her about gay marriage when it seemed to everyone who read that thread that you and Amelia agree on gay marriage. She just repeated here that she does not think you are a homophobe and your paranoid response is to repeat that she thinks you are against gay marriage.

    You need badly.
    This is all your "Friends" that I contacted in regards to you posting how I was spreading rumors that you were out to get me? Oh for fuck's sake. I emailed this troll because I didn't want to post on your forums anymore as he mentioned something worth responding to - when I tried to explain my position and mentioned how many many years ago during the BLT days, someone interviewing me for another magazine had mentioned something about you when I mentioned BLT. I ignored her and totally forgot about it until you started acting crazy with your "APOLOGIZE TO ME RIGHT NOW" for something I never did along with your passive aggresive ensuing shit-storm attitude.

    Even after meeting you several times, what they told me seemed unfathomable but I only brought it up recently as, yup, you got it, it was now relevant to the conversation I was having at the time and it actually just popped into my head just then after all these years.

    Sorry if that hurts you or makes you wonder, but in no way am I contacting all your friends... I responded to a post - big difference - you're the one who's abysmally paranoid...

    ------

    ok - enough already - go get your last words again - heh - I know - I said I was gone but like Beetlejuice, say my name in a fucked up slanderous way to prove a point that isn't there to being with like Amelia did and I may just pop up to call bullshit on it which is was - bullshit.

    now please, delete me already and all my 'lame paranoid over-reacting posts'. I've requested it like 3 times already - won't you honor my human rights and grant this request? Every other forum out there does.

    bye bye

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. How do you handle it when someone won't take a hint?
    By Amelia G in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 08:19 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 06:30 PM
  3. How do you handle it when someone says something bigoted?
    By Amelia G in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 04:27 PM
  4. How much can you handle?
    By bre.star in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 10:53 PM
  5. China banning pornsites
    By Amethyst in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 04:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Blue Blood
Trappings | Personalities | Galleries | Entertainment | Art | Books | Music | Popcorn | Sex | Happenings | Oddities | Trade/Business | Manifesto | Media | Community
Blue Blood | Contact Us | Advertise | Submissions | About Blue Blood | Links | $Webmasters$
Interested in being a Blue Blood model, writer, illustrator, or photographer? Get in touch