+ Reply to Thread

Thread: normal ppl

Default normal ppl

Is there a thread for (normal looking) peeps to show them selves off?
    Not that i dont love seeing the super hot goth babe models of blueblood... but just wondering if there is a normal person pic thread

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: normal ppl

I don't know why don't you do a board search?

If not, go ahead and start one.

But make sure that you put it in the appropriate section and give us the heads up if you plan to post wang.

I remember this one.... looked it up for you

http://www.blueblood.net/boards/showthread.php?t=7587

Why would we want one of those? Normal people are everywhere you look, and they're mostly interchangible pretty much by definition.

Hey thanx for that linky
    i think I will bump this thread, i just need to find a decent pic. And btw Mystoo, i think you should post those pics you sent me in pm hehe

I shouldnt have used the word "normal" in a gothic forum lol, because none of us are "normal" right hehe. Sarcasm has it place everywhere :p
    What i mean is i would like to see a face behind the poster, that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Why would we want one of those? Normal people are everywhere you look, and they're mostly interchangible pretty much by definition.
    "We"?

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    "We"?
    Yes, "we"; it was an inquest of general purpose, not a statement of personal (dis)taste. Establishing a medium for the explicit and exclusive purpose of viewing a collection of things characterised only by their normality seems like a self-implied exercise in futility; somewhat akin to creating a personal jetpack that'll only fit a bird, or a news channel specifically to announce those things most people are already aware of.

Good, for a sec there I was afraid that you were talking about your self in plural

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Ajax talks about himself in third person.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Good, for a sec there I was afraid that you were talking about your self in plural

Is that so frightening? Personally I think having two of me would be freakin' hot.

We find the comments stated above to be quite humorous. We shall now head to our bedchambers for a rousing read and tea.

Anna Evans's Avatar Senior Member

Define normal? I'm a blue eyed blonde with big tits. That's pretty mainstream, last I checked. I'd certainly never include myself in a thread about girl next door cuties, though.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Evans
    I'm a blue eyed blonde with big tits.
    I don''t know what your point is, but you've convinced me!

Why do people hate the word normal?? I'm a freak deep down, i'm also pretty crazy ( i take medicine to keep me sane). But i can pass as "normal" when i am outside dealing with the real world.. i am quite proud of that achievment.

I don't hate the word normal, I use it regularly. Not much into people you would describe as such, though.

I'm a freak deep down, i'm also pretty crazy ( i take medicine to keep me sane). But i can pass as "normal" when i am outside dealing with the real world.. i am quite proud of that achievment.
    So you're proud to be under control and cooperating, your would-be freakishnes unrealised potential restricted to what you percieve as a 'non-real world'?

Most normal people think that they're rather more odd than they're making themselves out to be in front of everybody else. That's not exceptional; that's human nature showing that it's not quite as narrow as the range of customary and ritual behaviour society asks us to confine it to. It's the willingness to adhere to these demands and be less than you could be in order to be more like everybody else - conformity - that is the distinguishing characteristic of a normal person.

Your part right, I am weak and getting old. I would much rather blend in than make myself stand out. This never used to be the case, i always raised my finger and said fuck you to society. I've done that, been there and played the part well. At this stage in my life tho, i have no desire to talk to anyone, i do not like most people in general, much less explain the reason why i dress the way i do, or why my hair is green, or why i have no hair at all.
    That said, it is a personal preference for me. I'm more of an observer now, looking out at everyone else, while hiding in the shadows. This is the way i like it, any unwanted attention makes me scream and run a mile away, you call it conformity, i call it normal.

But like i said before, "normal" was the wrong word to use when talking about my origional post. Most ppl here arnt "normal" in fact that is the very reason they are here, to maybe get a chance at finally fitting in somewhere.

Anna Evans's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I don''t know what your point is, but you've convinced me!
    I think my eventual point would have been something about missing having purple hair.

I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb on the rare occasion I actually get to go out just to go out anymore, because I tend to look like a lion and everyone else has awesome alt hair or sexy basic black.

I think normal is really very relative; before I put my clothes and face on, I look very "normal"...it's just not a normalcy I value or aspire to.

Part of growing up is making peace with the system. I still love my gothic/industrial music, wearing black, and going to fettishy clubs. But I'm also comfortable now with settling down with one person, getting a nice apartment/house in a good neighborhood and having financial security. Making peace with the system does not mean rolling over and letting it buttfuck you. It means working with what your society is formed around for increased personal security and happiness.

'Growing up' is one of the system's most effective psychological failsafes. The suggestion that rebellion is an aspect of youth and that accepting things as they are is a 'wisdom' that catches up with everybody eventually ensures that anyone opposing its values, no matter how strong their conviction, retains a graceful exit strategy with strong pretenses of personal development at all times.

Wtf Are you actually saying raza?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Deep down, I don't think ANYBODY conventionally, is normal, at least in what they are actually thinking. The rest of a person is mostly just a facade.

I'm saying that 'growing up' is a deceptive concept. People can develop in any direction over the course of their lives, but the fact that a certain set of (mostly inhibitory) qualities exists that is commonly associated with 'maturity' and hailed as something to be proud of means that everybody who comes to accept that ideal to any degree (which happens extremely easily) becomes very likely to progress in that direction. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And since the particular qualities associated with maturity leave people predictable, exploitable and generally harmless to the established order, that self-fulfilling prophecy is one of the psychological mechanics that constitute 'the system' and keep humanity loopholed in all its current faults.

So you think that most people ( in general) are suseptable to the modern brainwashing propaganda rather than what they actually believe to be truth? ie they cant differienate between passion and feeling to what has been inbred?
    If that is what you are saying, I completely disagree and argue that you most likely are focusing on too much negitive energy in what you see given your daily surroundings

+ Reply to Thread