+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eminem Should Pistol Whip More People

Default Eminem Should Pistol Whip More People

When I heard Saturday Night Live's Andy Samberg was hosting the MTV Movie Awards, I thought for a split second about whether they would be worth seeing. Hot Rod was an unwatchable mess of a movie, but Andy Samberg brought us Dick in a Box, Natalie Portman Rap...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Eminem Should Pistol Whip More People

\Soooo is eminem's homophobia him just "clowning around" or is he being "raw and real" because I'm not really paying that much attention to him? (His bleached hair cut was pretty gay though)

Either way I though his "I'm not saying these homophobic things on my records, I'm playing a character who's doing it" excuse was fucking lame.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    \Soooo is eminem's homophobia him just "clowning around" or is he being "raw and real" because I'm not really paying that much attention to him? (His bleached hair cut was pretty gay though)

Either way I though his "I'm not saying these homophobic things on my records, I'm playing a character who's doing it" excuse was fucking lame.

I agree wholeheartedly that attempting to excuse homphobia by attributing it to a character was lame, but I felt like his actual viewpoint and not just his presentation came around with his Elton John duet etc.

By clowning around, I meant more Eminem dressing up like Spock or Bret Michaels in a video, that sort of thing.

Eminem has many instances where he is actually making something and owning what he is creating and Sacha Baron Cohen has none.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

I enjoy much (not all) of Baron Cohen's comedy work. I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, although I wonder what "owning" your work really means, especially to a character comedian. Does someone like Thomas Lennon (Lt Jim Dangle on Reno 911!, et al) "own" his or her work appropriately?

I liked the Bruno bit in the awards show (although the PR is a lot more obvious and on the radar post-Borat), and I wish Eminem would have seen the comedy in it too. For a guy who clowns around with his own image and others' a lot, he seems really concerned with saving face. But hey, I dunno the guy, so who knows?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    I enjoy much (not all) of Baron Cohen's comedy work. I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, although I wonder what "owning" your work really means, especially to a character comedian. Does someone like Thomas Lennon (Lt Jim Dangle on Reno 911!, et al) "own" his or her work appropriately?

I liked the Bruno bit in the awards show (although the PR is a lot more obvious and on the radar post-Borat), and I wish Eminem would have seen the comedy in it too. For a guy who clowns around with his own image and others' a lot, he seems really concerned with saving face. But hey, I dunno the guy, so who knows?

Eminem just put out a whole album mostly about having horrible social anxiety and a problem with pills like Klonopin because of it. Although lots of people have probably not heard the new Eminem, MTV has to have. It is just sadistic to listen to a guy bleeding in musical form about social anxiety and than prank him like that. Especially when the prank really failed to be a laugh riot.

Do not blaspheme against the awesomeness which is Reno 911. In all seriousness, Thomas Lennon does not go around sexually harrassing people and excusing it by claiming it was actually Jim Dangle who did it. Sacha Baron Cohen just does schtick and Thomas Lennon is an actual brilliant comic actor.

I think Sacha Baron Cohen's lame character stunts are sort of like if William Petersen went around to police depts telling people that he really is a forensic scientist or Alexander Skaarsgaard (too many A's?) went around telling people he really is a nightclub-running vampire . . . and then said he was only kidding to anyone who didn't actually appreciate having their evidence destroyed or their blood sucked.

Bedlamite

My favorite part was when Eminem's Posse/Bodyguards started batting SBC around like a big feathery pinata . I cried a little.

They should have dropped the Warrant imitator on someone who is not on probation for assault and battery and could fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    They should have dropped the Warrant imitator on someone who is not on probation for assault and battery and could fight back.
    What, did the pweciwious wittle genious carry through on his threat to beat up Moby?

What, did the pweciwious wittle genious carry through on his threat to beat up Moby?

It's cool if you are into Moby or Warrant. Not trying to start an argument. I was referring to Eminem already being in trouble with the law for pistol whipping someone who kissed his wife in a bar. I thought that was what the title referred to.

I'm not into warrant, moby, or even sacha baron cohen (I've only ever seen like 2 clips of the guy)

I just really hate eminem with a passion.

I'm not into warrant, moby, or even sacha baron cohen (I've only ever seen like 2 clips of the guy)

I just really hate eminem with a passion.

What kind of music do you like?

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

I can see your points. Have to ponder them a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Eminem just put out a whole album mostly about having horrible social anxiety and a problem with pills like Klonopin because of it. Although lots of people have probably not heard the new Eminem, MTV has to have. It is just sadistic to listen to a guy bleeding in musical form about social anxiety and than prank him like that. Especially when the prank really failed to be a laugh riot.

Do not blaspheme against the awesomeness which is Reno 911. In all seriousness, Thomas Lennon does not go around sexually harrassing people and excusing it by claiming it was actually Jim Dangle who did it. Sacha Baron Cohen just does schtick and Thomas Lennon is an actual brilliant comic actor.

I think Sacha Baron Cohen's lame character stunts are sort of like if William Petersen went around to police depts telling people that he really is a forensic scientist or Alexander Skaarsgaard (too many A's?) went around telling people he really is a nightclub-running vampire . . . and then said he was only kidding to anyone who didn't actually appreciate having their evidence destroyed or their blood sucked.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

he's on the drugs lol/

How has that idiot not been shot yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I have really bad social anxiety and went though and awful withdrawal from Klonopin last summer but I don't use it as an excuse to be a dick to people. I have no sympathy for Eminem, if he can't interact with people in a normal respectful manner then don't go to large public events or learn some fucking manners. I remember at another show when he got all pissed off because triumph the insult comic dog was trying to talk to him so he ripped the puppet off the guy's hand. There's no need to be that much of a dick. If you can't take a joke then you shouldn't allowed to be able to make fun of other people the way he does in his videos/songs.

Nobody in the music industry believes that was all an act. At most some people think that they intended it to happen but not go that far but most feel it was a prank.

If it was a stunt it worked because Eminem has had the number one record in America for the past two weeks.

There is a really big difference between talking smack in a song and getting up in someone's face so they do not feel they can go to events which are stressful enough to get it up to attend. Imagine if they stuck Borat's ass in Beyonce's face or Hannah Montana's.

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    Nobody in the music industry believes that was all an act. At most some people think that they intended it to happen but not go that far but most feel it was a prank.

If it was a stunt it worked because Eminem has had the number one record in America for the past two weeks.

There is a really big difference between talking smack in a song and getting up in someone's face so they do not feel they can go to events which are stressful enough to get it up to attend. Imagine if they stuck Borat's ass in Beyonce's face or Hannah Montana's.
    Fuck what people in the music industry believe.

Beyonce, and Miley Montana would do whatever they were paid to do, and like it.

Horse shit makes millions.

Yeah, it seemed pretty obviously a stunt/setup. His bodyguards just sat there and let Cohen land. Eminem was looking up at Cohen as he came down. Totally choreographed.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Who cares? Fuck Eminem. I'm still waiting on him to refund the money I wasted when I was dragged to see 8 Mile. Why should I feel sympathy for him again?

+ Reply to Thread