+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Common Courtesy Dictates....

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Default Re: Common Courtesy Dictates....

lol. by "adult" time, I just mean not hanging out with my 3 year old all day every day. I love my daughter to death, but sometimes I want to strangle her.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    lol. by "adult" time, I just mean not hanging out with my 3 year old all day every day. I love my daughter to death, but sometimes I want to strangle her.
    What I'm saying is it almost sounds like you really don't need this job, hence walking out after 25 minutes(or whatever it was). If you don't really need a job, you're more the kind of person at work that when something comes up that you don't like, you can be right away like, "Fuck this. I'm outta here". There's nothing wrong with that attitude. Hell, I wish I could be in the position to do that some days. I'm just saying that because you might have that attitude about your job, you would be less likely the type of person I'd want to hire. So, that's why I'd want to make you wait for some time. To see if you really want the job bad enough to wait or....Be the type of person who just doesn't give a shit if they get the job or not. THe person who gave a shit, chances are, would be the better worker and not so quickly be the type that ups and leaves because then I'd be right back to square one hiring a new person. Hiring people is a pain in the ass.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I want to add here that it's not just employers that suck, it's customer's that suck too. Most people seem to think that because you work somewhere that you are their personal robot butler that doesn't need to be shown any personal courtesy and that it is your fault if there is any problem at all that pertains to the company.

Of course at that point they will usually bitch to a manager who will give them whatever they want to because you must "always kiss the customer's ass to get their cash" and they will then bitch at you for not satisfying their outrageous demand that is outside of your job criteria and that you would have gotten in trouble for anyway if you tried, for just that very reason.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

actually I think mangers are really pissed off by the fact that the employees haven't got a clue how to keep control of a situation

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

maybe, but in my experience the solution usually involves some kind of cash exchange service that the employees are not permitted to do because the company does not trust them- which just perpetuates the cycle of disgruntled employees that want to rip off the company.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I want to add here that it's not just employers that suck, it's customer's that suck too. Most people seem to think that because you work somewhere that you are their personal robot butler that doesn't need to be shown any personal courtesy and that it is your fault if there is any problem at all that pertains to the company.

Of course at that point they will usually bitch to a manager who will give them whatever they want to because you must "always kiss the customer's ass to get their cash" and they will then bitch at you for not satisfying their outrageous demand that is outside of your job criteria and that you would have gotten in trouble for anyway if you tried, for just that very reason.
    Is it the customer or the manager that bitches at you? If it's the manager, then that person is a real asshole if they gave the customer something you couldn't. In banking, there is things that I can do for the customer that my employees can't, but, at the same time, I've trained my people to explain that to the customers before they even get to my door. Like, "I'm sorry ma'am, but thats something only the manager can approve. If you'd like I'll go ask him or you can speak to him yourself." That way the customer already knows it's beyond my employees control. There are times that I do get a little pissed with my employees, but only because there's certain things that they KNOW I won't approve, but instead of telling the customer, "I can ask my manager, but I already know that he won't approve it." they just send the customer my way so now the customer gets told no twice. Now if they do tell the customer I'll say no and the customer STILL wants to see me, then, no, I would not get pissed at my employee. I also will definietly side with my employee every time in that situation and NEVER then give the customer my approval for something. I don't believe in making your employees look like assholes to the customer.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i totally sympathise, athena. i used to live in VA where there was NOTHING nearby except crappy jobs. not only that, but it's amazing for anyone to be hiring anywhere these days. if you need to work at walmart, work there. (just steal stuff while you're at it ) as for waiting, i would have waited about the same amount of time you did... it's really ridiculous that they would make you wait at all. i probably would have tracked someone down before leaving, just to make sure they knew i was there and was supposed to be there. if that didn't yield any results, then i'd leave for sure.

Deetz's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    i totally sympathise, athena. i used to live in VA where there was NOTHING nearby except crappy jobs. not only that, but it's amazing for anyone to be hiring anywhere these days. if you need to work at walmart, work there. (just steal stuff while you're at it ) as for waiting, i would have waited about the same amount of time you did... it's really ridiculous that they would make you wait at all. i probably would have tracked someone down before leaving, just to make sure they knew i was there and was supposed to be there. if that didn't yield any results, then i'd leave for sure.

haha. I live in VA. I'd rather work at Target than get kidnapped at Wal-Mart.

V Echoes's Avatar Junior Member

I've waited about an hour for a job interview more than once. It was to work at some random restaurant and every fifteen minutes I would ask where the manager who was supposed to interview me was. The last time I went in there after being rescheduled to come back another day, I repeated the whole process, no one ever telling me where the god damn manager was.

I was pretty tempted to start cursing out the people there as I felt I was being completely jerked around for a crappy job. Instead I scraped up my pride and left.

About 3 months later that restaurant was shut down for numerous severe health code violations. Guess the manager didn't pay attention to much of anything. Douchehammers.

+ Reply to Thread