+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Raëlians here?

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Default Any Raëlians here?

Just wondering!
    The Raëlians worship space aliens. naked. Does it get much better?

Default Re: Any Raëlians here?

It'd be better if they had actual space aliens to 'worship' in their naked gatherings, or at least put somebody in an accessible suit, know what I'm sayin'?

Sounds kinda one-sided this way.

I bet that they are a pretty HOT group of people.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

There are quite a few dumb models that claim to be members of that religion. Basically, the breakdown of the religion is that this guy Rael was abducted by aliens. They took him into some meeting room where Jesus, Moses, and Mahammad. Then the lead alien tells him that the three were profits of the same religion but mixed up the message they were suppose to tell the people. Then, they told Rael the meaning of life and all that shit and that he would be the next profit. So, meeting ajorned, they dump him back off on Earth and he started the preaching.

I don't know, it sounds more believable than Scientology.....

Sounds like a big pile of trash, aids and cult used to get free pussy,

Well, there is one part of it I agree with. That the three major religions (Christianity, Jewdaism, and Islamic) are the same religion, same god, and the only difference is the interpretation of each religion's profit. I mean, aliens and that, yeah, bullshit, but the underlying meaning is something a lot of people can agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Sounds like a big pile of trash, aids and cult used to get free pussy,
    Well when you put it that way... it starting peak my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Well when you put it that way... it starting peak my interest.
    Not to mention Raël is supposedly a big advocate of the condom.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Well, there is one part of it I agree with. That the three major religions (Christianity, Jewdaism, and Islamic) are the same religion, same god, and the only difference is the interpretation of each religion's profit. I mean, aliens and that, yeah, bullshit, but the underlying meaning is something a lot of people can agree with.
    I do believe aliens may have had a part in creating us, but yeah...same religion, same god, in essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    It'd be better if they had actual space aliens to 'worship' in their naked gatherings, or at least put somebody in an accessible suit, know what I'm sayin'?

Sounds kinda one-sided this way.

There's a sex-positive feminist group of sex workers within the religion called, Raël's Girls. I hope Raël pays them for sex. They seem to be really into their shtick.

Wow, this "Religion" keeps sounding better and better!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I'm not a big fan of religious belief

Yeah, I don't agree with it all but it looks a hoot!

Its a mockery.

Its a mockery.
    Well, doy.

In the Eberron Dungeons and Dragons setting you have an actual god called 'the Mockery'.

Best named deity ever.

In the Eberron Dungeons and Dragons setting you have an actual god called 'the Mockery'.

Best named deity ever.
    Eberron has an amazingly depressing afterlife too. Unless your one of the few Silverflame people worthy enough to go to pseudo-heaven...everyone good or bad ends up in an endless grey waste. Becoming more and more apathetic every day till eventually they cease to exist and melt into the mud of the grey wastes.

Its a mockery.

of what?

Eberron has an amazingly depressing afterlife too. Unless your one of the few Silverflame people worthy enough to go to pseudo-heaven...everyone good or bad ends up in an endless grey waste. Becoming more and more apathetic every day till eventually they cease to exist and melt into the mud of the grey wastes.
    So kinda like real death, only in slow motion. Or real life, if you've got a proper job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    of what?
    commonsense.

So kinda like real death, only in slow motion. Or real life, if you've got a proper job.
    They also have a cult in there whos name escapes me. But they realize what waits for them so they work to all become liches and other forms of intelligent undead. Better here then there I suppose.

commonsense.
    Common sense in an oxymoron.

They also have a cult in there whos name escapes me. But they realize what waits for them so they work to all become liches and other forms of intelligent undead. Better here then there I suppose.
    Is that the deathless elves, or that kindom with the vampire king or what? Something with red or ruby in the name?

For the most part I know game mechanics like racial stats and prestige classes, and whatever made its way into DDO.

If people want to worship aliens naked inside of a giant pyramid then fine. But using religion as an excuse to make yourself rich, get a lot of pussy and become the "leader" through lies and deceit is a mockery of religion and spirituality. Its like he sat down and decided "Okay careers not really panning out...how about a cult? Yeah..aliens..naked people in pyramids..I'm the new ambassador and mouthpiece of God as the other major world religions with a oh 4 billion followers all had it wrong and corrupted the pure word of God. Mines the new correct version." Its just dripping with arrogance.

Raza: Yeah I think so.

My problem comes from any religion or spiritual group that builds its teaching around benefiting the organizing branch with tons of cash, sex, and power over its followers.

Any cult or major religion that does this in my opinion is using religion and spirituality for the wrong reasons. People like the Catholic Pope (A man who's the only pipeline to god and controls whether you go to heaven or not and has the ability to perma-ban you from such a place), Scientology who control their "spiritual knowledge" through a pyramid scheme of money, conditioning and social abuse, Wahhabist philosophy Muslims who believe the world should exist as it did during the middle ages and systematically strip women of all modern rights placing them into bondage. Who shoot college kids and people who rock the boat. The same people who believe you'll get the 70 virgins (or is it raisins) if you go and kill the satan worshiping foreigners who are obviously entirely wrong as only you know the truth of God.

The Dharmic religions of the east are not perfect but most at least seem to be away from the whole "We're the only form of truth and all others are evil, lost or misguided." Hindus had the caste system which thankfully appears to be dieing off. Buddhists seem to be doing alright, you do however have the old-sect buddhists (Mahayan? please correct me if you know the proper word) seem to exist as a separate, powerful class that dictates politics and controls the surrounding villages. The Sikhs believe in total equality between men and women but even they throw dispersions upon their neighboring religions for viewing God in the "wrong way".

I guess my problem with people like the Raelians and most other religions is when they use their "holy word" to describe all other religions as wrong, to stick millions and billions of people under labels as such as misguided, ignorant, false. To set up dictates like the Catholics decree of Malicide (Killing "evil people" is a blessing in the eyes of God and helps you get into heaven"), The modern Islamic Jihad, Scientology destroying families, Old-School Hindus forcing people to work on the lowest rung of society because "that's your dharma".

Using religion or spirituality to gain power and control, wealth and vice over your members is wrong in my eyes. When teaching people religious or other practices you develop and incredible bond and control over them. You have a responsibility not to abuse this bond. How often have we heard of people in power using their power to dominate its members, get underaged girls into bed and more? Saying the world is wrong because it does not match your own mushroom induced visions is wrong in my opinion. Religion and spiritual teachings should be shared freely, done with love and done with an eye for compassion, mutual respect for the world and for the glorification and improvement of humanity. Not as a fast way to make some extra cash or as a way to make you feel more special then your neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    The only reason these things seem less ridiculous is coz they’ve had time to ripen. Plenty of time.
    exactly

Religion and spiritual teachings should be shared freely, done with love and done with an eye for compassion, mutual respect for the world and for the glorification and improvement of humanity. Not as a fast way to make some extra cash or as a way to make you feel more special then your neighbor.
    agreed

and the porridge was just

Quote Originally Posted by toxicat
    Just wondering!
    The Raëlians worship space aliens. naked. Does it get much better?
    erm. never heard of this.

yay cults!

It's only considered a cult in some countries.

. But using religion as an excuse to make yourself rich, get a lot of pussy and become the "leader" through lies and deceit is a mockery of religion and spirituality.
    what else is it really good for? All religions are good for one thing, control, to get the things you want.............Harmony with the universe just is, it doesn't matter why it is it just is, anyone who really thinks it matters derserves to get sucked in by some snake oil peddler who happens along

Yeah. I would sooner say that religion is a way to use our human capacity for belief and curiosity to gain power and wealth or elevate yourself over others socially, than that certain impopular substreams are an abuse of it.

Actually, the guy's career was going just fine, who would really complain about being a sports car journalist and test driver? Oh, and while I was at the Taste of Chicago, walking around downtown I saw a couple Raelians with signs trying to get new members... err... I mean, spread the word...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    what else is it really good for? All religions are good for one thing, control, to get the things you want.............Harmony with the universe just is, it doesn't matter why it is it just is, anyone who really thinks it matters derserves to get sucked in by some snake oil peddler who happens along
    I disagree completely. Religion at its purest should be used to benefit a person and help them advance. I believe you said you were an atheist and that's fine with me. I was an atheist once as well. But explaining in depth my personal feelings on religion seems like it would fall onto deaf ears since you seem to view religion only in terms of worldly power and control over your fellow man. With that said though I do believe you can obviously advance as a human, learn more about yourself and the world around you and better your understanding of god without needing to be a part of any religion or discipline. But it is a lot more difficult and you miss being able to comb through the collected knowledge of those that came before you when you do go it alone.

Yeah. I would sooner say that religion is a way to use our human capacity for belief and curiosity to gain power and wealth or elevate yourself over others socially, than that certain impopular substreams are an abuse of it.
    And that's whats depressing to me. People get seduced by the power and start falling into traps and holes like "I know best", "We're right you're all wrong", "I'm the leader these people need me to tell them what to do", "GOD WILLS IT!" etc.

I think religion would exist at its best when completely removed from politics (no religious leaders/theocracy in government). The priest/priestess whatever would exist as an adviser, counselor and teacher for those that wanted to listen and learn. But he/she would be allowed no governing ability. I'd also limit the amount of money a "priest" would be allowed to take. Those 50 million dollar mega churches that receive tons of "charity money" which instead of goign to help people is then pumped into the "priests" mansion, fleet of private vehicles, his wife's 20 thousand dollar dress and the upkeep on..well.. a 50 million dollar sized church. Its sick.

It'd be beyond arrogant to think I understand or know what religion would be good for better then the 3000+ years of history but thats what I would do.

I don't think that because someone is spiritual they "deserve" bad things to happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicat
    I don't think that because someone is spiritual they "deserve" bad things to happen to them.
    Agreed. No one deserves to be abused or taken advantage of.

I disagree completely. Religion at its purest should be used to benefit a person and help them advance. I believe you said you were an atheist and that's fine with me. I was an atheist once as well. But explaining in depth my personal feelings on religion seems like it would fall onto deaf ears since you seem to view religion only in terms of worldly power and control over your fellow man. With that said though I do believe you can obviously advance as a human, learn more about yourself and the world around you and better your understanding of god without needing to be a part of any religion or discipline. But it is a lot more difficult and you miss being able to comb through the collected knowledge of those that came before you when you do go it alone.

I'm not an atheist at all, never have been, it can't work either in the way I see everything around me, I just think all religions really do is create mob rules enviroments. Spritual belief is one thing, being told how to spiritualy believe is religion

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

So why is Rael not allowed to take a picture or video of these "visitors", anyway? Apparently, he's been visited numerous times by them. Wouldn't these "visitors" of the upmost intelligent design realize that millions would believe in Rael's word if they could just "see" physical proof of some type?

Why is it that everything about religion is always about blind faith, anyway? Hmmmm.

+ Reply to Thread