+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "7 Obnoxious Assholes Who Show Up At Every Concert"

Default "7 Obnoxious Assholes Who Show Up At Every Concert"

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: "7 Obnoxious Assholes Who Show Up At Every Concert"

strange, no mention of the people who somehow manage to sneak weed into the show and proceed to light up in the densest parts of the crowd. do they do it to annoy you? and are they going to share?!

and the porridge was just

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    strange, no mention of the people who somehow manage to sneak weed into the show and proceed to light up in the densest parts of the crowd. do they do it to annoy you? and are they going to share?!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

They didn't mention the guy/girl who will always try to start a mosh pit even at a Death in June concert, or during the screaming emo local opening act.

And it looks like they phased out "That Guy" who wears the tshirt of the band he's going to see and spends the two hours in line and the 45 minutes of opening act telling you everything he knows about the band, half of which is wrong. Though at the VNV show I was at on Tuesday (write up in progress) EVERYONE had a VNV shirt on, that's how we found the invisible venue.

~K

Can't wait for when VnV comes here this month .

And yeah the moshpit guy... At Dragon*Con a friend and I were watching the Last Dance perform and these three guys decided it would be so lulrandumXD to start moshing right in the middle and piss everyone off.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Can't wait for when VnV comes here this month .

This tour is fucking incredible. Go.

~K

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I was at NIN/JA a few weeks ago and there was this dude in front of me with hair down past his ass, I'm not even kidding and during Nine Inch Nails entire set he was whipping his hair around like a madman. The back of his head is in most of my pictures...grrr..
    It was all I could do to not pull out my lighter and set his hair on fire. Thankfully he didn't stick around for Janes so I got watch their show in peace. <that's not the right word.
    It was awesome btw.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by keiko

And it looks like they phased out "That Guy" who wears the tshirt of the band he's going to see and spends the two hours in line and the 45 minutes of opening act telling you everything he knows about the band, half of which is wrong.
    ~K
    Ha! I've met this guy at almost every show I've been to.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I remember going to one concert where a dude did that exact thing right next to me, in this cloud of people. He pulled out a one hitter bullet and proceeded to toke up. I was just about to ask him if I could get a hit, when I noticed he was practically drooling on it. Fuck that! Either the dude was doing it on purpose so nobody would ask for a hit off of it or the guy was just some nasty drooling fucking fool. Looking at him, I'd go with the latter.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

I was fortunate enough to position myself as the pit-guard for a guy in a wheelchair at Convergence 13 during the Skinny Puppy set. He rewarded me by passing me his pipe every three songs or so.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Man, I read this article this morning and it's so goddamned accurate.

As far as keiko's "That Guy" it seems like at least at the shows I work, like 70% of people are "that guy" now. Nobody seems to have a problem rocking the Tshirt anymore even going so far as to put on the one they just bought that night at the merch stands. Ugh.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

The people who decide to smoke anything within fifteen feet of the stage drive me crazy. I can't count the number of cigarette burns I've gotten on my arms at shows, and they look at you all mad that you put their cig out.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

And the guy that brings his delicate girlfriend to the show and stakes out a front and center spot up front and proceeds to get all overprotective aggro fighty with anyone that bumps into her. I hate that guy.

V Echoes's Avatar Junior Member

What about the delicate girl who insists on getting right up front against the bars by shoving past people and wedging herself in there and ends up getting squished, then starts crying, then has to be dragged out by security and carried away in a dramatic gasping heap.

Yeah, I've worked security...

V Echoes's Avatar Junior Member

Oh, and the crowd surfing girls who wear miniskirts and act horrified when a stranger's digits begin to wander.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Um, wow, I haven't actually ran into... any of those people at concerts, and is it really a problem to be wearing the shirt of whatever band you're going to see? Now, I agree it's a bit cheesy to put one on right after buying it from the merch stand. Yeah, but other than the t-shirt guys, I haven't had too many annoying people at concerts.

Oh, and wonderful, I just checked the VnV tour schedule. They hit Chicago on the day I have to report back in Texas, so I have to wait until the 27th and make the three hour drive to Dallas because they don't play Austin!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I swear that I commented on the band T-shirt phenomenon before... it's just considered a taboo. Like we know you like the band, that's why you are here at the show, douche. But buying a merch shirt and wearing it is a different story. that makes sense to me. what else are you supposed to do with it? In a lot of places going back out to your car isn't really an option.

Usually I just get frat boys that used to beat up the kids in highschool for listening to the music that is now cool who think that a mosh pitt means fight club. So I guess it's still the same thing, only they want to beat you up now because they like the same music as you.

You buy the merch on the way out of the show. Why would you buy it at the begining and then have to lug your shit around all night?

Better question, why would you buy a shirt at the merch stand at all for like 40+ dollars when you can just get it off most bands website for like half that?

Unless you're going to huge venues, most places I've gone to each band has their own merch stand that they are running anyway. I've never payed more than 15 bucks for a shirt. Then gain, it's rare that I see any seriously famous bands. Though, I am hitting up the Warped Tour tomorrow in Indianapolis.

Most of the places I work/attend the t-shirts start around 25-30. God forbid if you want a hoodie because you're looking at 70 at least.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

A lot of smaller bands either don't sell shirts on their websites, or they have different ones on their tour that aren't on the site. They also have limited quantities, so it's a good possibility that they will have or have already sold out of your size, which is the reason to buy early. Also every shirt I've ever purchased at a show has been cheaper than buying it online because it was either just cheaper or the same and then you didn't have to pay for the cost of shipping.

but then I go to shows where the headlining band actually hangs out in the audience and watches the other bands play before their set, rather than going to watch Miley Cyrus perform at Verizon stadium.

+ Reply to Thread