+ Reply to Thread

Thread: US car dealer offers free Kalashnikov with every purchase

Default US car dealer offers free Kalashnikov with every purchase

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-purchase.html

Mark Muller, whose business slogan is "God, Guns, Guts, and American Pick-Up Trucks", said he had been overwhelmed by the response.
    "It's extremely successful. There is a lot of worry about crime, we have a methamphetamine problem around here and people just want to protect themselves," said the boss of Max Motors near Kansas City. "And what could be better than supporting American products in these troubled times?"

Mr Muller, who only sells American vehicles, is offering a gift certificate – only to be used at a licensed dealer – for a Kalashnikov AK-47 worth $450 (£320).
    The guns are made by IO Inc in North Carolina, the only company in the US which manufactures the robust, durable weapon. First developed in the Soviet Union and exported to Moscow's allies across the world, the AK-47 has been used in countless conflicts in the developing world. In the hands of the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War, it became a symbol of resistance to America.
    Never before, however, has the AK-47 been used to sell cars in Missouri. For all its gimmickry, the interest in Mr Muller's newest promotion reflects rising concern among gun owners that President Barack Obama will eventually seek to tighten the rules on ownership, despite his promises to the contrary.
    Meanwhile, a general fear of crime has risen, just as the economy has fallen. In Clay County, where Max Motors is located, gun licence applications in the first half of this year alone matched the total for the whole of 2008.
    "This is about the right of defending me and my family," said Mr Muller, a 49-year-old father of three. "I have a loaded gun in my pocket now and one in the glove locker of the car with a 12-round clip in it. My wife also carries a weapon."
    Asked why an automatic weapon with a 30 or 60-round magazine was required for self-defence, he cited the case of the Florida couple recently shot dead in their homes by a gang of six robbers.
    "I don't know a single shotgun would have worked for them. With an automatic they might have died, but they would have taken some of the bastards down too," he said.
    Mr Muller added: "They think we are all cross-eyed rednecks down here. We are not. Tonight I am going to the theatre with my wife to see Anything Goes and we will eat sushi on the way."

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: US car dealer offers free Kalashnikov with every purchase

Great article find! If I could pick and choose favorite things from this article, they would be guns, guts, and sushi. I wonder if someone could put together a sales package on those for me

Free grain of rice with every bullet bought and you'll never be hungry again.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I didn't even have to use my AK. Today was a good day.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Seems weird to me. He sells only American made vehicles, and while I understand there's a factory that makes AK's in the US, he's giving away coupons for a Russian model rifle. Why not offer an AR-15 or something?

And I thought fully automatic rifles were illegal anyway, unless they're suveniers, in which case the firing pin has to be removed or modified to only semi-auto, or family heirlooms. That's what's nice about most AR's, they're easy to modify into fully automatic and most people wouldn't think differently.

Well, the AK-47 is one of the most durable and low maintenance rifles created. It is in my post apocalypse line up for just that reason.

The AR-15 is a pretty high maintenance rifle.

And, if it is manufactured and sold in the US, it is probably a semi auto version of the gun.

Plus I think he was going for bad-ass factor, which the M-16 just doesn't have.

Hell if he sold the prius I mighta checked it out, but people get confused if you like electric cars and guns.

I'm gonna claim writers error on it being automatic. Like Nathan said those are illegal anyway unless you have a special, expensive license. The Ak's made in the states are semi-auto.

It's not even a matter of performance, more of intimidation. I think most people would back down from seeing their would-be victim with an M16 as seeing them with an AK.

Again, my whole point was the dealer is so big on American made vehicles but is offering a rifle based on Russian design and like the article said, has basically been the rifle of choice for America's "enemies" for going on half a century now.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i live in mass, can i buy a car from this guy and have both items sent up here? because, i could use a car and a free gun is just gravy. and if i was to own a gun, yeah, i'd like it to be an AK. damn fast zombies robbing me.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Seems weird to me. He sells only American made vehicles, and while I understand there's a factory that makes AK's in the US, he's giving away coupons for a Russian model rifle. Why not offer an AR-15 or something?

And I thought fully automatic rifles were illegal anyway, unless they're suveniers, in which case the firing pin has to be removed or modified to only semi-auto, or family heirlooms. That's what's nice about most AR's, they're easy to modify into fully automatic and most people wouldn't think differently.

Good point.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

***"They think we are all cross-eyed rednecks down here. We are not. Tonight I am going to the theatre with my wife to see Anything Goes and we will eat sushi on the way."***

And then go hunting for squirrel afterwards.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

"then we'll suck each others dicks."

too much?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    It's not even a matter of performance, more of intimidation. I think most people would back down from seeing their would-be victim with an M16 as seeing them with an AK.

Again, my whole point was the dealer is so big on American made vehicles but is offering a rifle based on Russian design and like the article said, has basically been the rifle of choice for America's "enemies" for going on half a century now.
    He should also start selling toyotas since they are opening a factory there.

You do have a good point, and more importantly it would be hilarious if one of his competitors called him on it.

"At Bob's Real American Motors, you get a free AR-15, not some commie knock off gun. Buy American! Buy Bob's!!!"

Actually, that's a good point too. Toyota, Subaru, and Nissan all have plants in America. Plus Mazda is owned by Ford and thus assembled at Ford plants. On top of that, Ford, GM, and Chrysler all import a good number of the parts and only assemble the vehicles in the US. So really, does it matter what the guy sells on the lot since none of them are really American made, just American owned? That would be like me buying a bicycle from the internet and putting it together then turning around and saying I made the bike.

+ Reply to Thread