+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Twilight

Default Twilight

Hey. what did you think about the book series now turned movie series twilight? which actors/actresses did you like? why?

what other vampire books should be come movies?

what do you think about the cw creating a show called vampire diaries?

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Default Re: Twilight

I read the books.
    It was strange because im not into vampires even though i hang out with them (haha j/k)
    I loved Alice because i guess i can identify with her personality, and edward ^.^

Um i would bang the hell out of Robert Pattinson?

They should stop trying to make books into movies if they are going to leave out parts.
    Yes i would sit through a 5 hour movie.

Havent seen it but people are obssed with vamps now.
    :]

FilthCore's Avatar Junior Member

Well...I didn't read the Twilight books, but the movies were......decent. But not the best.
    They take the vampire and make them into Leonardo DiCaprio's! EWE!
    But, yea..The movies were pretty decent.

I think they should make the Vampire Huntress Legend series into movies. The series by LA Banks. She's a very talented writer, and her stories are absoutely amazing!!

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

PERSONALLY,.....

~ I HATED that Stinking TWILIGHT
    an' All it's BuBbLeGuMmEd HiDdIePHooFoo,
    and TEENEzBoOPErs SwEEteY Pies view of "US"....

5. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to theDragon_svDragcos For This Useful Post:

juggalo08332 (07-19-2010)
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

and SAME goes for that StUpId "vampire diaries" too.....
    >':-({

7. The following people thank you for your post:

I read the books, and was pretty damn disappointed with the first movie. From the looks of the previews for the second movie I am probably going to be disappointed with it also. Already noticed a flaw in the trailer for it...like always the books are better!

And Alice is my favorite!

and I have never watched that show I am a big fan of True Blood cannot wait for session 3!

mEggs Dreadful

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Twilight is out on DVD this week and, if you enjoy the tropes of cool sexy vampires, then Twilight is a fun watch. If you were just wondering whether or not to catch it on DVD or On Demand, then all you really need to know is that the movie has a pleasing cold color palette, nice-looking cast, interesting styling, creative quality directing, and a solid storyline with no plot holes and a satisfying ending. If vampires or lack of promiscuity or overwrought sexuality fill you with rage, then pass on Twilight, but otherwise it is enjoyable and hotter than I . . .

( Read more )

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G View Post
    but otherwise it is enjoyable and hotter than I
    ==========================================

"AMELIA",..

~ theres' in NO WAY,
    "that" could ever be Hotter than YOU!...

11. The following people thank you for your post:

i personally liked the books, but only the first and the last of the series. the movie i couldn't even sit through half of it. and just for the record, i LOVE it when people accuse someone or something as stupid. and then go and type everything in "net speak" Or LiKe ThIs!!!11!1

From what I've gathered through expert analysis of internet memes on the subject, it contains the most boring looking vampires that a thoroughly boring world has imagined so far.

Haven't been tempted to investigate further.

Quote Originally Posted by SS
    i personally liked the books, but only the first and the last of the series. the movie i couldn't even sit through half of it. and just for the record, i LOVE it when people accuse someone or something as stupid. and then go and type everything in "net speak" Or LiKe ThIs!!!11!1
    Intelligence and lingual conformity have little in common outside of dusty university halls.

Brigeyboo's Avatar Senior Member

Never read the books, but I saw a small bit of the movie and did not approve...vampires don't sparkle they bubble and die in the sun.
    On another note, I heard our haunted house may have the chick who played bella as a special guest on halloween ;P

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I frequently gush over Robert Patinson.

I pretend to like things that I hate so that I can take pleasure in mocking people to their oblivious faces.

I think this is a defense mechanism to allow me to cope with societal interactions.

It's getting harder and harder to distinguish from when being insincere or not.

Soon I will be a teenage girl. On weed.

DeformedGod's Avatar Mord-Sith

After much begging by several people, I caved in and read the first book. It was pretty good, surprisingly, so I read the rest of the series. The second one was my favourite, as I felt it was better written and more realistic to a female's feelings than the first. Three was okay, four was absolutely atrocious.
    After reading the entire series, I tried to watch the first movie, seeing as most fans loved it.
    Kristen Stewart is ugly and can't act, the dickweed who played Edward sucked too. They have NEGATIVE chemistry together, the movie is boring and fantastically emo, they sucked all of Bella's likability (is that a word?) out to make her seem really "cool" and "detached". To quote Doug: "I think I'm tortured but I'm just pretentious." The rest of the casting is pretty good, namely Alice, Carlisle, James, Laurent, and Jasper. I think the issue is that the books are driven completely by emotion, not by plot or by characters, so it's impossible to make a good movie out of them when barely anything happens in the plot.
    That's right, I'm a teenage girl who thinks Edward is pretty lame and that Robert whatever his name is is really REALLY ugly as well as lacking in any talent or personality.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    I frequently gush over Robert Patinson.

I pretend to like things that I hate so that I can take pleasure in mocking people to their oblivious faces.

I think this is a defense mechanism to allow me to cope with societal interactions.

It's getting harder and harder to distinguish from when being insincere or not.

Soon I will be a teenage girl. On weed.

People sometimes think I am doing this, but, alas, I'm not. Although admittedly Robert Pattinson doesn't really move me.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well, my niece still swears that it's the best movie ever.................oh, and the preveiw for the next one is sooooooo intense. One day I'll have to watch it so I know what she's talking about.....funny, I just realized that I never used the word intense until I was in my twenties

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Mr. Karl....Unless you're a 13 year old girl...You'll be wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigeyboo View Post
    On another note, I heard our haunted house may have the chick who played bella as a special guest on halloween ;P

================================================

Ohh COOL,...

(Alicia) & I did a Haunted house the last 4 Yrs' in a Row,..
    but decided Last yrs' would be it, I Have so much to do,
    & always have to do all of Everything by Myself,
    and Resources and Time & schedules are strained and tight,

though we May still at least do
    ~ "the Candy thing"....

RubyViolence's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by shedevil666 View Post
    Hey. what did you think about the book series now turned movie series twilight? which actors/actresses did you like? why?

what other vampire books should be come movies?

what do you think about the cw creating a show called vampire diaries?
    I liked all the actors in Twilight except for the main girl. I wish someone else would've played her role.

22. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to RubyViolence For This Useful Post:

I hate Twilight
    In my opinion that series totally destroys the myth of the vampire.

The original idea of vampire represents first a supernatural being and a spiritual being that in this case it's an disembodied spirit.
    So in my opinion Edward Cullen it's ambiguous... "vegetarian" vampires!?...
    It destroys the myth of the vampire making it fit into the human society and it takes away the history of the vampires also.

Exiled

Goths just hate Twilight coz they didn't give the vampires enough fashion accessories and shit.

Personally i don't have much of an opinion. It's certainly not worth hating. It was aimed at teenagers after all.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I read the books cos I was bored, and they where allright, the movie wasnt that bad either, but what pisses me off is how everyone ins obssesd with it. It wasnt that good

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

"fangs... but no fangs"

maybe a bit too anaemic

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

If you wanna see a good vampire movie, "Let the right one in" will be worth your night.

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death View Post
    If you wanna see a good vampire movie, "Let the right one in" will be worth your night.
    Ok I will check that out. Hopefully it's not like Tweelight which sucks but lacks bite

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I keep moving it further and further down in my Netflix queue...

Before the movie came out I read the first book because my friend recommended it, and I liked it, and the movie was alright, but the movie Edward killed my girlier, gaunter, paler imagining of Edward

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

there are two things that really bug me about twilight(i lied, there are way more than that). i saw a recent advertizement, commercial, or news blurp that refered to the series as a "saga." i fail to see how it has any such qualifications to be considered a saga.

the series has spawned MMO game, whether or not it will ever see release, i cant imagine wanting to play in a world with such watered-down vampires. its not that i have anything against playing a game as a vampire. im quite looking forward to the upcoming game based on whire wolf's Vampire games.

plz giev more MMo's. And in which one is Jax a warewolf? ( none really but i would like to see that)

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

My other recommendation would be anything Hammer Studios. A little corny by today's standards but Oscar material compared to twilight.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

there is something wrong with robert pattisons face
    a few people say it look like hes had plastic surgery for a cleft palate

I don't think any poster so far hates Tritelight as much as this Brisbane area dad who really appears to have "gone ghetto" over it.

Up to his neck in it: dad chokes girl over Twilight movie Brisbane Times (today)

An Ipswich father has been sent to jail until Christmas after choking his 11-year-old daughter because she was watching vampire film Twilight with the volume up too loud, a court has been told.
    The man was woken on November 15 by the noise and told two of his daughters, aged 10 and 11, to take the dog for a walk instead, but when the girls returned he attacked them.
    Prosecutor Sergeant Mark Muller said the father-of-five grabbed his 11-year-old daughter by the neck and choked her until she could not breathe.
    He then punched the girl to the chest and hit her legs – the 11-year-old suffered bruising to her neck, chest and legs.
    “My client then told them to clean up their room but he was receiving cheek and unfortunately the following events occurred,” defence lawyer Erin Beer said. ''He never intended to hurt his children ... When this occurred he lost his temper.”

Child abuse can never be justified... you think?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I heard really good things about this, actually.

My other recommendation would be anything Hammer Studios. A little corny by today's standards but Oscar material compared to twilight.
    I grew up on the old Hammer flicks. Captain Kronos may be corny, but it doesn't make it any less awesome.

I haven't seen twilight yet, too many vampire flicks ahead of it on the old netflix cue (including let the right one in, I have heard great things about that one.) I caught an episode and a half of vampire diaries and the only character I did not want to beat with a stick was the evil vampire. It really is Transylvania 90210.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

if you think about it, the girl from Twilight has 2 choices
    Necrophilia or Bestiality

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Well I actually read the book, thinking ill give it a chance and all I have to say is: "Why thank you Stephanie Myer for ruining vampires and dropping my IQ"

Exiled

the people that hate on twilight are usually the people that instinctly fear that their shameful similarity to the people that watch it might be recognised by others. most people, like me (and i love vampires) just couldn't give a shit. its no skin oiff my nose if a couple movies come out depicting vamps as softer then perhaps they should be. just sayin. yall haterz need to take a laxative.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I hate on it because the author is a hack who couldn't write her way out of a situation that didn't involve pubescent teenage boys and girls.

What I find amusing is when twilight lovers seem to think that because we don't like twilight and have very valid reasons for such, that we need to take a 'chill pill' just because they love it so much. It's just like most ICP fans: God forbid you say anything even remotely negative or even middle ground. You're just a hater and not allowed to dislike something they like so much apparently.

That being said, I made this shirt on cafepress not too long ago
    http://www.cafepress.com/geekgirlsonline.440433488

42. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to athenahollow For This Useful Post:

Morning Glory (05-02-2010)
    Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow View Post
    I hate on it because the author is a hack who couldn't write her way out of a situation that didn't involve pubescent teenage boys and girls.

What I find amusing is when twilight lovers seem to think that because we don't like twilight and have very valid reasons for such, that we need to take a 'chill pill' just because they love it so much. It's just like most ICP fans: God forbid you say anything even remotely negative or even middle ground. You're just a hater and not allowed to dislike something they like so much apparently.

That being said, I made this shirt on cafepress not too long ago
    http://www.cafepress.com/geekgirlsonline.440433488
    But why you hatin on something thats aimed at peeps 10 or 15 years younger than you athena?

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Harry Potter is aimed at people 10-15 years younger than I. Same with LOTR & Narnia. Those are enjoyable. Now, mind you LOTR reads more like a series of social studies and geography books from school, but it's still intelligent and well thought out.
    Besides the point: It's a common pop culture thing at this point. And I doubt that it's aimed at 10 year olds. I'm only 24, dude. But if it WERE aimed at 10 year olds, at least then I could understand the dribble that she is attempting to pass off as 'literature'. As far as I'm concerned, Dr. Seuss has more well thought out story lines than the Twilight series.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I wish I had the talent to put out stuff like that. It seems to sell pretty good

+ Reply to Thread