+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why would you eat a baby's brain?

and your little dog too

Default why would you eat a baby's brain?

Police: Woman accused of killing newborn ate brain
    AP

from yahoo

By PAUL J. WEBER, Associated Press Writer Paul J. Weber, Associated Press Writer – 30 mins ago

SAN ANTONIO – A woman charged with murdering her 3 1/2-week-old son used a knife and two swords to dismember the child and ate parts of his body, including his brain, before stabbing herself in the torso and slicing her own throat, police said Monday.

Otty Sanchez, 33, is charged with capital murder in the death of her infant son, Scott Wesley Buchholtz-Sanchez. She was recovering from her wounds at a hospital, and was being held on $1 million bail.

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said the early Sunday morning attack occurred a week after the child's father moved out. Otty Sanchez's sister and her sister's two children, ages 5 and 7, were in the house, but none were harmed.

Otty Sanchez's aunt, Gloria Sanchez, said her niece had been "in and out" of a psychiatric ward, and that the hospital called several months ago looking to check up on her. She did not elaborate on the nature of her niece's health problems.

"Otty didn't mean to do that. She was not in her right mind," a sobbing Gloria Sanchez told The Associated Press on Monday by phone. She said her family was devastated.

McManus, who appeared uncomfortable as he addressed reporters, said Sanchez apparently ate the child's brain and some other body parts. She also decapitated the infant, tore off his face and chewed off three of his toes before stabbing herself.

"It's too heinous for me to describe it any further," McManus said.

McManus described the crime scene as so grisly that police officers barely spoke to each other while looking through the house. Parts of the child were missing, including pieces that Sanchez allegedly ate.

"At this particular scene you could have heard a pin drop," McManus said. "No one was speaking. It was about as somber as it could have been."

Officers called to Sanchez's house at about 5 a.m. Sunday found her sitting on the couch screaming "I killed my baby! I killed my baby!" McManus said. They found the boy's body in a bedroom.

Police said Sanchez said the devil told her to kill her son and that she was hearing voices.

"It was a spontaneous utterance," McManus said.

Police said Sanchez did not have an attorney, and they declined to identify family members who might speak on her behalf.

No one answered the door Monday at Sanchez's one-story home, where the blinds were shut. A hopscotch pattern and red hearts were drawn on the walk leading up to the house.

Neighbor Luis Yanez, 23, said his kids went to school with one of the small children who lived at the house. He said he often saw a woman playing outside with the children but didn't know whether it was Otty.

"Why would you do that to your baby?" said Yanez, a tire technician. "It brings chills to you. They can't defend themselves."

Authorities said Sanchez and her sister took turns watching the baby Sunday morning, and that the boy was placed in Sanchez's care at about 1:30 a.m. Her sister discovered what happened about three hours later and called police.

Investigators are looking into Sanchez's mental health history to see if there was anything "significant," and whether postpartum difficulties could have played a role in the attack, McManus said.

The killing called to mind the drowning of five children by their mother in the bathtub of their Houston-area home in 2001. Attorneys for the woman, Andrea Yates, said she suffered from severe postpartum psychosis and, in a delusional state, believed Satan was inside her and was trying to save them from hell. A jury found Yates not guilty by reason of insanity in 2006.

___

Associated Press researcher Susan James in New York and writer Angela K. Brown in Fort Worth contributed to this report.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: why would you eat a baby's brain?

It could have probably used some hot sauce.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

You ever notice that Satan never tells atheists to do anything?

To see what it tastes like?

Also, thread needs pics.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

reminds me of something from a movie.

that is quite some serious psychosis there. i can, sort of understand killing an infant as a result of postpartum depression, along with having the father move out. but to do those things to the body...something had to be seriously wrong. and she then tried to take her own life, also in a grisly manner.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    You ever notice that Satan never tells atheists to do anything?
    If we're too lazy to go to church, we're damned sure too lazy to go out and buy swords and find an unattended baby. Until I can call up Dominoes and order a baby with a side of crazy bread, no dice.

(Haha, crazy bread. See what I did there?)

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I bet she pleads insanity...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well it was probably her lawyer that gave the plea.

If you acted as your own attorney and declared yourself insane, then logically that would mean that you were sane since you were able to judge your own psychological state. However, this would be very far fetched, and so might be interpreted by psychologists as the actions of an insane person. hmm...

ooh, you could claim multiple personalities. since she already has one (lucifer) might as well throw in a few more!

I think this woman should be given some sort of public award, or at the very least her own television show.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

If you're not competent to stand trial (which an insanity defense would force you to admit) you wouldn't be able to defend yourself.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Mental.

Supposedly here in pa there was a case of a man who did meth and lsd and popped his sons eye ball out and ate it.

Neighbors heard the scream and called the police.

The little boy survived and the father is rotting in prison.

Issues or not, fuck that shit, you brought a child into this world and denied its right to live a happy life.
    Some people need to be shot.
    : /

There's a guy that just got arrested somewhere here in Texas. He killed his wife and left her on the couch, rotting. He just continued living on his life. I forgot how exactly he was caught. I think it was the neighbors. But then again, it almost always is.

Lesson being, kill your neighbours too.

...and then stab yourself to death. =)

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Or in the least, knock her on the floor so you can have more couch space.

How do you even get to a baby's brain?

There's a finger hole in the skull somewhere. Presumably you could get a grip there and pull in two different directions? Or just use it to get a mixer in, turn it semi-liquid and then use a straw.

Also if my guro collection is to be believed, those circular-hole-sawing-things you put on an electric drill work really well. Now I actually have some experience drilling bone (it's freaking hard) and I don't believe that - but I'm told baby skeletons are pretty soft compared to adult animals'.

There's a hole in the skull of newborns. It's actually pretty big. It closes as the person gets older. That's why when you see a skull, there's the crack through it. Also, baby bones are still pretty soft and easily broken/ripped apart.

And before anyone questions it, no, I do not know from experience, but I have doctor friends and it actually came up in one of my friends' case reports.

..knife and two swords..
    I guess she didn't needed electric drill and straws. She sure was a handy mom.

I wonder what she thought when she stabbed her self in the stomach. Did she wanted to finish her off trough the stomach just just in case devil survived.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

That is disgusting but she was probably under the influence of postpartum psychosis. My friend had that but she wasn't violent.
    edit: oops, sorry - I didn't read the whole thing and saw it was already mentioned.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

in any other site people would have been freaking out and crying and disgusted over this, but here, the logistics of doing in properly are discussed. I missed this place

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i have never been more mortified in my life. (though my initial answer before reading the story was to upgrade my memory space).

~K

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

It is pretty horifying, but the first thing i thought of was hunger.
    You hear about people eating human remains in dire circumstances but killing someone is just wrong.

Being dazzled by insight ITT...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I wonder if she stabbed herself in the stomach in hopes of never getting knocked up again

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

It is sad how the human brain can malfunction with no warning...

+ Reply to Thread