+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Male Opinions

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Default Male Opinions

So!

I have a friend, lets just call him Guy.

Guy just told me that he broke up with his fiance.
    I ask him why.
    He says she is too good for him and that she deserves better.
    I tell him thats not for him to decide, she obviously is with him for a reason.
    Guy says she should be with someone who will treat her like the queen that he is.

Everyone is at a club.
    Guy tell her to get lost.
    And at the end of the night, he says he cant live without her.

Did Guy do something he wasnt suppose to?
    Does he have a bad conscience?

What does this mean???

brutally honest opinions from men wanted.

ok go........

Default Re: Male Opinions

He sounds mental.

It's hard to say without all the details, but the situation sounds fishy.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Guy has low self esteem and feels that inevidibly this girl will leave him anyway, so he'll just cut to the chase, end it now, and at least feel like he, in the end, at least got to make the final decision of their relationship. It's bad enough to him that she would sooner or later dump his ass(At least in his mind), so in his low self esteemed mind, this way he gets to save some face.

Or.......

Guy just has decided that he doesn't want to be married, so by saying to everybody, she deserves better, he doesn't have to feel like such an ass for breaking her heart.

Guy wanted to break up with her. Gives bullshit excuse to make him look like the good guy. (the same reason after a girl/guy breaks up with you they say "We can still be friends! , or "Its not you... its me!"

Guy tells her to get lost at club and she leaves instead of crying and begging him to take her back. Guys goes "Oh shit, shes gone and now I'm not getting any sex nor do I have anyone to watch adultswim with tonight" and wants her back again.

I've never met someone so morally upright that they can -honestly- say "I'm not good enough for her..she deserves better." its just a passive aggressive way of setting someone loose.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

guy just needs a lot more practice, he's trying to be the "show em a good time then move on" but just doesn't have what it takes to do it right.

"you can do better than me"..........................how uncreative

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Of course you can do better than the person you're with... but if you have that attitude then you will be saying that forever and you'll never find the perfect person because they don't exist.

Some chick flick said, "Don't worry about finding Mr. Right, worry about Mr. Right-now." Good advice.

Selfess people, the kind of person that really would want you to be with someone better... well it is kind of the opposite of the kind of shitty person that is deserving of something better, right? I mean if they really were that bad, then they wouldn't be good enough to care about it. No one says that and means it. The guys on here nailed it, they aren't BSing- it's just what you say if you're trying to make someone feel better after dumping them.

Bedlamite

If its low self esteem issues that corrode him to that point, his finance really doesn't need to fall for it. If really genuine, it seems like if they get back together, its just going to start/continue a cycle of self-abuse and passive-aggression that will just hurt everyone involved.

That being said, it sounds like the guy, for whatever reason, is having strong thoughts that he doesn't want to be affianced. Weather its due to flirtation, or the desire to change the parameters of the relationship.

The other end of this relationship, regardless of any sobbing or crying that he was 'wrong' and has 'changed' or anything should just try to let him go. It sounds like it could end up a rollercoaster in a bad-way.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

hey wickedanima, you're not a guy. shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    hahah

I have a feeling he cheated on her.
    But i dont know either, thank you for the response.

I love men, when it comes to you guys not losing anything you are brutally honest hahahah j/k

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by ROGIZOID
    hahah

I have a feeling he cheated on her.
    But i dont know either, thank you for the response.

I love men, when it comes to you guys not losing anything you are brutally honest hahahah j/k

My cock is plastic, but that makes me feel half-qualified to answer. I think you are right that the guy did something uncool that his girl does not know about -- cheated on her, hung out with someone who wronged her, blabbed her secrets to someone, broke a family heirloom, even just had bad thoughts he feels guilty about but something bad -- and, if he tells her she deserves better, then, if she takes him back and then finds out, he can point out that he told her he was not good enough. I think Ajax also has it down. A guy who thinks he is not worthy of love is always going to be a womanizer until he gets past the low self-esteem and a guy who does not want to change the parameters of the relationship but feels he should may feel bad about himself.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    *plays the nosy-chick card*

and the porridge was just

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    He sounds mental.

It's hard to say without all the details, but the situation sounds fishy.
    (pretend i am a man)
    +1

As a guy my opinion is, "what difference does it make?"

He broke up with his fiance, he made some lame excuse for it. Now he is having second thoughts and crying over it. How much more information do you need?

Hate drama.....

Guy makes a convincing case, if more through his actions than any reasoning. Unless the chick is equally insecure and dramatic and therefore in no position to identify with anyone more stable, I'd advice her to go with his plan and evacuate.

That happens when you fall in love. Typical battle between heart and mind. Or consciousness and unconsciousness if you want. Your heart click when you see her, but your mind goes no, no, shes bad for you.... Best you can do is to find what it is that makes you click for her/him and just ignore it.

For example. As soon as I realized that girl that I was crazy for, not just looked like my sister, but acted and had same attitude...... you guess what happened. I hate that we are such simple animals inside. You need to balance the animal and the human inside you in order to advance. Most of anxieties in todays society we have just because of unbalance of those two.

So!
    ...Guy says she should be with someone who will treat her like the queen that she is....
    Did you misspelled she in original note? Anyway, Guy might be sarcastic in that note since queen might be just for a drama queen in this case. Read between the lines, everybody does that, leaving small notes and clues. Maybe he's tired of drama, maybe he's stressed out by various situations and can't handle it, it just takes on him.

One is obvious, he loves her. Otherwise he wouldn't be dramatic all over it. But she doesn't love him the way he wants it. No matter how much we try to be same, men and women are very different beings.

All this is guessing, don't take it professionally.

And at the end of the night, he says he cant live without her....
    Alcohol.

It brings the animal forth, one of the reasons I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    That happens when you fall in love. Typical battle between heart and mind. Or consciousness and unconsciousness if you want. Your heart click when you see her, but your mind goes no, no, shes bad for you.... Best you can do is to find what it is that makes you click for her/him and just ignore it.

For example. As soon as I realized that girl that I was crazy for, not just looked like my sister, but acted and had same attitude...... you guess what happened. I hate that we are such simple animals inside. You need to balance the animal and the human inside you in order to advance. Most of anxieties in todays society we have just because of unbalance of those two.
    Never happens when I fall in love. If you're into someone, they necessarily have something to offer you. So long as you only ever interact with them out of love (or other positive motivations), rather than out of negative things like ideas of what you have to do in order to make your relationship conform to a certain accepted model, there's no way to go wrong.

Also, which exactly is the 'mind' in your pseudo-Freudian drama there? I'd hit it even if it was my sister. Nothing rational about such dogmatic repulsions.

Mind is consciousness, the one that came with our development of language. Dolphins and elephants are self aware for example and have consciousness as well. There are animals that use abstract language as well. For example, cat can say to other cat if someone was mean to them.

Heart is unconsciousness, the part that was us before we developed our language. I actually have never read Freud....

You're smart enough to know that everybody is special and unique, just like everybody else is. I work like this unfortunately, my animal is stronger than my human in most love cases and it takes considerable training and practice (meditation) to balance them. I use to say that I'm emotionally naive.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    My cock is plastic...

um... well... so many things to say...

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Hey Jonny

Exiled

Default Trust me , i'm a nice guy.

Trust me , i'm a nice guy. : > ---

he cheated on her lol

V Echoes's Avatar Junior Member

Guy is a passive aggressive idiot who needs either therapy or to grow some.

he cheated on her lol
    Yeah, basically when I read the original senario I thought to myself "Bullshit, he's not good enough for her? He just wants to get laid somewhere else, and doesn't want to be with one girl."

Bottom line?

He's tired of having sex with your friend only.

+ Reply to Thread