+ Reply to Thread

Thread: siblings

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

Default siblings

do you have brothers or sisters? are you close with them?

i ask this question because i noticed a trend, whenever my brother and me are out together, we always seem to get the same "you two are brothers?" puzzled bewildered looks and comments from people.
    we are very different but enjoy each others company very much and enjoy doing things together. he's one of those kinda preppy metro kinda guys but he can raise hell with the best of 'em. it's hillarious when we go out drinking together, he seems all sheepish and meek until i (as always) start some kinda trouble then he's the first one to throw hands it's great, he just comes outta nowhere and...BAMM!

Default Re: siblings

I have younger brother and sister (17 and 18) and it's horible with them because of their age... damn, when they gonna grow up and start helping and solving problems.... BTW I'm the oldest and since '89. we don't have father so I'm more parent to them then a brother...... yeah... they are my best friends, my mom too, because we all know that family is one and only... actualy that's all i got in this world and only thing worth living for me wright now.... (I hope I'll find good/similar people here.... lots of freaks around)

Morgue1313's Avatar Senior Member

I have a sister who is 7 years older. Growing up we didnt get along because of the age difference, but we are the best of friends now. I love going out in public with her since shes 90 pounds, 5'2" and very tiny, so people think SHES the younger sister, or that we are twins. She dresses more punk than I do, I tend to go more for all black than plaid. But we are cute as hell when we go out together then add her daughter, my neice in her Misfits shirt and plaid pants, we make a nice sight.

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

I have two younger sisters who are very close with me in the age bracket. We used to fight with each other as kids, because that's what you're suppossed to do but now we're pretty mellow. However, the younger one thinks she's 21 and can do whatever the hell she wants. My parents and myself have different views on how to deal with her, but I dont put up with any of her shit.

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

Only child here. Greedy, spoiled and miserable.....haha!

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    Only child here. Greedy, spoiled and miserable.....haha!
    lucky you :P

Yeah I have a younger brother who is 22yrs. We get along good but sometimes he can be soooo snobby!! He gets on my nerves cuz he has this cocky attitude. I always make sure to tell him when he sounds too full of himself. He usually listens and snaps out of it. But he is a good brother!

I have a twin brother who does not look like me or act like me--he's bigger and has a lot more hair (like a mane). I have an older brother too who looks more like me than my twin! They are both megalomaniacs and funny as hell. I love them

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

i have a brother (14)and a half sister(5). My brother i dislike immensly. We rarely if ever get along. and my sister i rarely see, and thats probably a good thing

Lets see, I have a sister (22) and a brother (16). I'm the middle child. I tend to tease my sister a lot, mostly because I rarely see her and I tend to pick fights with my bro, I have bruises to prove it. I do things mostly for attention.

Mother Superior

I have a brother, he is 3 and a half years younger. I don't really know how I feel about him sometimes. We have been through a lot, and most of it was not good. He is the type of person who has to have his way and that can present big problems.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i have one half-sister..she is 9 years younger and is 8...we NEVER get along..we insult each other all the time and she loves to punch, kick and pull my hair and piercings which all hurt immensly but i'm not allowed to hit her back cause..i should know better at my age...
    small point: i was an only child until i was 9, when my half-sister was born we moved away from ALL my family (except my mum) and my counsellor says my sister is the soul reason for my depression...weird, huh?

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

I'm the youngest of three, my sister is 23 and my brother is 26 (hope i got that right). Seperately, we do well but together I always seem to get attacked by one or both of them at once, most verbal. However, it seems that I get along (or tollerate?) better with my brother. He picks on me a little less when its just us together. As for my sister, its about the same.. though lately, she isn't around.

poison: I wonder if i ever should go to counseling and if i heard the same thing, i'd say "well DUH!"

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

I'm the oldest have a brother who is 15 and a sister who is 13, I get on with my brother and im starting to get on with my sister but i am jealous of her when i was her age i was spotty, fat, and the most hated shes lil miss popular with a much nicer figure than i'll ever have already........................................plu s she pisses me off most of the time

I've got a sister who's 14, a step-sister who's 12, and a step-sister who's 6 weeks older than me. None of us really get along with the last one, I get along well with the 12 year old, and the 14 year old lives in the same house. We get along on and off. Mostly off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    I have a twin brother who does not look like me or act like me--he's bigger and has a lot more hair (like a mane). I have an older brother too who looks more like me than my twin! They are both megalomaniacs and funny as hell. I love them
    cool nate-- I have two brothers and I had two sisters..now one. I'm the youngest..
    P.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i got three brothers im the seacond oldest and we all get along prety good even tho we all have very diferent tastes in music clothes and friends

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    cool nate-- I have two brothers and I had two sisters..now one. I'm the youngest..
    P.
    Wow, big fam, and only one bathroom I suspect?

It's funny, everyone in my family became better people as they separated from each other, mainly separating from my neurotic New Yorker dad. My brothers are fine people by themselves but put them together with each other or, worse yet, each other and my dad and it's time for the elitist club to begin session starting with the "let's see who can be the most sarcastic" contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    Wow, big fam, and only one bathroom I suspect?

It's funny, everyone in my family became better people as they separated from each other, mainly separating from my neurotic New Yorker dad. My brothers are fine people by themselves but put them together with each other or, worse yet, each other and my dad and it's time for the elitist club to begin session starting with the "let's see who can be the most sarcastic" contest!
    Oh well I'm being the boring old fart tonight on all the boards..but you should appreciate your family..no matter how flawed-there are no perfect ones.... you'll only have one in this life..P.

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

I have a brother who is four years younger than me (20) and a sister who is ten years younger than me (14).

When my brother and I were little kids were got along great. We played together all the time and went on little adventures and played games...

As we got older we just sort of stopped communicating.
    My brother is very shy and doesn't talk very much to begin with. The most you'd ever hear out of his mouth in an entire week is something like "pass the salt". He just does not talk. Driving anywhere with him is uncomfortable because the two of us will just sit in the car silently and awkwardly without saying a word to eachother. He'll give one-word-answers to any question i ask ("So how is school going?" ....."good.".....*silence*........)

I really envy my friends relationships with their brothers. Both of my best friends have brothers that are four years younger than them as well, except their brothers are talkative and friendly and have conversations with them and hang out with them and call them on the phone. My brother would never in a million billion years call me on the phone. My friend Melissa's brother comes by her apartment to check on her all the time, and to hang out and visit with her. I have no idea what that's like, my brother has never visited me (granted i am living far away from him now, but when i lived close by he never visited then either). I just really wish my brother and I had a closer relationship.

As for my sister we get along fine - she is young though. Ten year age difference. She's fourteen, but in my mind she is still just a little kid hehe. She is very talkative and will talk your ear off. They are so different, my brother and sister.

I also had a twin sister but there were complications and stuff and she didn't live, so, I don't know. My parents have only ever talked about it once in my whole life so I don't know any details about that. I often wonder what my life would have been like with my twin sister.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

one sister is only a few years younger then me and it is your typical sibling rivalry...it all started when i was a wee lad laying there on the floor watching tv and my sister barely able to crawl plopped her head right onto my stomach and bit me so hard it drew blood through my t-shirt( i dont' remember it but there are pictures) and it has been all down hill since then....eventually we became civil once we both moved out of the house and away to college... but just barely.

then my younger sister she is 10 years younger then me... she is everything i thought a younger sister should be fun to hang around and torment i enjoy helping her out doing things with her teaching her stuff passing on any wisdom protecting her when the little snot nosed bully tried picking on her in our own back yard things like that...

+ Reply to Thread