+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you been out of your native country and do you have a passport now?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you been out of your native country and do you have a passport now?

Have you been out of your native country? Would you want to travel internationally now? Do you have a passport at the moment?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Have you been out of your native country and do you have a passport now?

I have a passport, but now that I think about it, I don't know exactly where. I really have not traveled nearly as much as I think I probably should. It's been a long time since I left US soil.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Re: Have you been out of your native country and do you have a passport now?

Just on deployments, which don't require a passport. Thus, I don't have one.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I have one. I went to Mexico last year, so I had to get one. Damn Patriot Act. It's harder to get out, then get in.

and the porridge was just

many times. and yes. and its in my drawer. i think right now i have umum. china ghana italy and canada? its relatively new

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Just on deployments, which don't require a passport. Thus, I don't have one.

Wow, I never knew military deployment didn't require a passport. I was a State Dept brat and we always had to have passports whenever my mom was stationed out of country. I guess diplomatic passports are special, but I always assumed there would be some sort of military equivalent. I guess we don't always send soldiers where the country they are going to wants to be deposed or whatever, so, thinking about it, it makes sense.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I haven't renewed my passports...................I have no desire to leave the country anymore

Yes, and yes Not much international travel in recent years due to having a pooch I refuse to kennel, but the option is there.

Quote Originally Posted by JonQ
    Yes, and yes Not much international travel in recent years due to having a pooch I refuse to kennel, but the option is there.
    same for me now. i have to find dog sitters.

Yeah, last week.

You know Amelia, every time you post a barrage of questions, there is always one or two that makes me thing you are planning a crime.

but yes, I have a passport. I have been to France, Ireland and Mexico. The Europe stuff was all work related,but I still found time to get lost in the towns I was in. I would love to be able to travel on my own dime just to see the world.

And I am morally flexible... you know when it comes to Ocean's 11 style robberies. I'm just sayin.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

As much as I love Canada it would be nice to get out for a while.
    I lost my passport about 10 years ago and haven't bothered to get a new one. I probably should do that soon.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Canada
    Jamaica (3)
    Australia
    Fiji
    Ireland
    Scotland
    England (2)
    France
    Belgium
    Holland
    Bermuda
    The Bahamas

Holy shit, when I type it all out that's pretty crazy.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Yes, my motherland panama,japan,czech republic,finland,etc ------ thank you grandma lol

i wanto go back to hong kong. sigh.

Wow, this thread reminds me of how small Americian's world is

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Vix
    Wow, this thread reminds me of how small Americian's world is
    Ahem!

V Echoes's Avatar Junior Member

No passport yet. Having trouble in that department

rikosaka's Avatar ChorizoSmells

been living outside the U.S. for the last 18 years, I think my passport will expire in two years, gotta renew it again at the Consulate here in Osaka, last time I went in the morning and came back in the afternoon, one day service!

Don't travel too much but I wanna go back to the states for a visit, it's been a while, but always hate going through customs, all the staff are so bossy and give me a lot of hassle as to why I live in Japan.

Kinda funny because now I have to use my Japanese Drivers license to get an international drivers license so I can drive back in the states.

Next travel should be New Years in Thailand, have a friend who pooled his money with some other friends and they have their own little island. Their resort should be finished by New Years.

Is it a big hassle now to get a passport in the states?

Scarab's Avatar Junior Member

Scotland (lots of times)
    England (Again, lots of times)
    Ireland (Lived there for a year and a half)
    Norway
    Sweden
    Germany (3)
    Hungary
    Malta
    Poland
    Canada

And I'm going back to Toronto for a visit in October. =)

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

only ever been to Tijuana Mexico, which I only half consider out of the country.
    no passport right now, no international traveling planned

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Not yet; unless you count canada & mexico.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Yes, and yes - to the point I don't even live where my passport's from anymore. Customs loves me for that - wrong accent, wrong destination on the ticket, and a photo on the back page of some guy who has hair and a suit.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

I lived in Paris for almost 8 years and am from the US. My passport was spared during my first mugging, which occurred a day before a trip to Leipzig for WGT, but was stolen in my last mugging, as I was using said document to replace the captured CA ID. Will likely be going to Israel soon so need to replace it!

+ Reply to Thread